Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The marriage

God created Adam in His image.

Gen 2:18 Later, the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a companion that is a suitable match for him."

And surely. . it is not good to be alone!

Gen 2:21 so the LORD God caused a deep sleep to overshadow the man. When the man was asleep, he removed one of the man's ribs and closed up the flesh where it had been.

Gen 2:22 Then the LORD God formed the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man.

Gen 2:23 So the man exclaimed, "At last! This is bone from my bones and flesh from my flesh. This one will be called 'Woman,' because she was taken from Man."

So God ceated a companion for man. Someone that is his equal . . .and not his child.

In this present moment in history . . we find that God has many children . . . but no companion. And we know that true fulfilment cannot be without a family.

“And surely. . it is not good to be alone!”

And God created for Himself children. This we all know . . .but where is the companion.

Or is God destined to live only with His children. . . .living in this “not good” situation.

But we see something else in Scripture nd surely. .

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

And we see the growing up of His children.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

And then? Are we then destined to be still children? And God destined to be alone?

No. Surely not. Then we are ready for the grown-up relationship! Companionship . . .because we are not children anymore . . .and the relationship can obviously not be that of children anymore!

Son 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

Love Johan

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are the bride of Christ, but I would not take the analogy too far. We are also the body of Christ, the temple of the Holy Spirit, etc.

I see nothing in the Bible that indicates we will be co-equal with God in eternity. On the contrary, we see us worshipping God in Revelation 4-5.

Also, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ensure that the Godhead will never want or need for companionship.

Just my initial thoughts...

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
my pastor had a sermon a while back where he made the point that we are each individually the brides of Christ. he saw us as being the bride of Christ to apply individually as well as collectively.

I disagreed with this as such a view would make Christ a polygamist as well as the saints in scripture being described as being parts of the body of Christ and not so much individual bodies.

I always viewed the bride to be the church collectively and the children(adopted) to be the church individually.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The marriage

Gen 2:18 Later, the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make for him a companion that is a suitable match for him."

Gen 2:21 so the LORD God caused a deep sleep to overshadow the man. When the man was asleep, he removed one of the man's ribs and closed up the flesh where it had been.

Gen 2:22 Then the LORD God formed the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and brought her to the man.

Gen 2:23 So the man exclaimed, "At last! This is bone from my bones and flesh from my flesh. This one will be called 'Woman,' because she was taken from Man."

So God ceated a companion for man. Someone that is his equal . . .and not his child.

In this present moment in history . . we find that God has many children . . . but no companion. And we know that true fulfilment cannot be without a family.

And God created for Himself children. This we all know . . .but where is the companion.

Or is God destined to live only with His children. . . .living in this “not good” situation.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Rev 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

And then? Are we then destined to be still children? And God destined to be alone?

No. Surely not. Then we are ready for the grown-up relationship! Companionship . . .because we are not children anymore . . .and the relationship can obviously not be that of children anymore!

Son 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

Love Johan
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but you're misreading the very verse you posted: Gen. 2:18 -> "And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone"". You can't extrapolate from this that it's not good that God should be alone. After all, He was alone for eternity prior to the creation.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The marriage

Love Johan

I will testify of the Holy Ghost message to me. I was visited by two holy beings, one said he was Heavenly Father and the other Heavenly Mother. When they appeared they filled me with peace and love that lasted for hours which is the Holy Ghost. All pain of my body left and all turmoil ceased. The Holy Ghost is powerful. And testified to me of a Holy Mother of Heaven.

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
my pastor had a sermon a while back where he made the point that we are each individually the brides of Christ. he saw us as being the bride of Christ to apply individually as well as collectively.

I disagreed with this as such a view would make Christ a polygamist as well as the saints in scripture being described as being parts of the body of Christ and not so much individual bodies.

I always viewed the bride to be the church collectively and the children(adopted) to be the church individually.

1. This view changes the "personal" God to an impersonal one. He will be married to many organisations which will not even exist after this live. In fact I would not like to be married to an organisation. Why would He? I mean I do not even know how you marry an organisation.

2. That will keep us in the relationship as children. Never the ability to really reach the "fullness of Christ." Where Christ is the fullness of God. And obviously this makes the gospel a lie and a deceit from God Himself.

3. That will exclude God for another realm of relationship which He has created but never intended to be enjoyed Himself. That will thus exclude Him from a realm that He can only watch us doing but Him never will. Doesn't look very wise of Him.

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I will testify of the Holy Ghost message to me. I was visited by two holy beings, one said he was Heavenly Father and the other Heavenly Mother. When they appeared they filled me with peace and love that lasted for hours which is the Holy Ghost. All pain of my body left and all turmoil ceased. The Holy Ghost is powerful. And testified to me of a Holy Mother of Heaven.

I will call this the vision of the family. Obviously most believe in a Father and a lot of children. This you would call a "broken" family. Obviously the presence of "both" will be an enhancement of joy.

Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but you're misreading the very verse you posted: Gen. 2:18 -> "And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone"". You can't extrapolate from this that it's not good that God should be alone.

He made Adam in His image. So He made Him one. He had to "built" for Adam a wife. And He is "building" the church.

After all, He was alone for eternity prior to the creation.
You think that was an enjoyment? Then He could just has stayed like that without causing Himself so much trouble in creating "His image".

Upvote 0

Johan Abrahams

Feb 27, 2017
Robertson, South Africa
Visit site
✟30,735.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
We are the bride of Christ, but I would not take the analogy too far. We are also the body of Christ, the temple of the Holy Spirit, etc.

Sure. Let us stick to Scripture.

I see nothing in the Bible that indicates we will be co-equal with God in eternity. On the contrary, we see us worshipping God in Revelation 4-5.

I do not see the "wife" "co-equal" with the "husband" in Scripture. This is a modern trend of human living.

Also, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ensure that the Godhead will never want or need for companionship.

Then you create three persons. God is one.

Just my initial thoughts...
Good that is what a forum is about. There has to be "initial thoughts" rather than nothing.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
1. This view changes the "personal" God to an impersonal one. He will be married to many organisations which will not even exist after this live. In fact I would not like to be married to an organisation. Why would He? I mean I do not even know how you marry an organisation.

your argument is with 1 Corinthians 12. we are the "body of Christ" which has many parts and not the "bodies of Christ".

2. That will keep us in the relationship as children. Never the ability to really reach the "fullness of Christ." Where Christ is the fullness of God. And obviously this makes the gospel a lie and a deceit from God Himself.

????

children grow and mature under their adopting parents. in this case, that's what sanctification or, in reference to romans 8:29, "being conformed to the image of His son" is about.

3. That will exclude God for another realm of relationship which He has created but never intended to be enjoyed Himself. That will thus exclude Him from a realm that He can only watch us doing but Him never will. Doesn't look very wise of Him.

????

being that we would all be parts of the sanctified bride I don't see how this would be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums