Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus came and conquered. He established His Kingdom. His new covenant.

He gave us a way to salvation. Tribulation is on going.
Then there is no need for the book of Revelation, we can just nix that. And we can nix every word of scripture written about His return. Because there is no need for them or His return now. How do you rectify with your theory that many words of scripture are false and one whole book meaningless ?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Then there is no need for the book of Revelation, we can just nix that. And we can nix every word of scripture written about His return. Because there is no need for them or His return now. How do you rectify with your theory that many words of scripture are false and one whole book meaningless ?

You are reading Revelation with a modern mind / eye! You are reading it in a very literal way. There is more to Revelation than black and white!

Revelation 'experts' are two a penny! All doom and gloom. Terror to come. Etc etc.

As a believer in Partial Preterism, I see it very much differently.

Jesus won! He conquered! He has saved us by His Blood!

To believe like some that end times is a coming is to wash away all that Jesus lived, suffered and died for!

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You are reading Revelation with a modern mind / eye! You are reading it in a very literal way. There is more to Revelation than black and white!

Revelation 'experts' are two a penny! All doom and gloom. Terror to come. Etc etc.

As a believer in Partial Preterism, I see it very much differently.

Jesus won! He conquered! He has saved us by His Blood!

To believe like some that end times is a coming is to wash away all that Jesus lived, suffered and died for!
Thank you for explaining your position. From mine and from what we see scripture actually saying, He did all that he did so that we May come to Him. And Jesus Himself said He was returning to set up His kingdom, and not just that but separate the chaff from the wheat . To me preterism is heresy, it's against scripture. Good luck with that Goatee.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for explaining your position. From mine and from what we see scripture actually saying, He did all that he did so that we May come to Him. And Jesus Himself said He was returning to set up His kingdom, and not just that but separate the chaff from the wheat . To me preterism is heresy, it's against scripture. Good luck with that Goatee.

'To you'....exactly! Your opinion!

God bless u buddy

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not by any means require that everybody else has to. Yes it can be of help if you do not understand it without reading the OT ,

You're absolutely right, no one HAS to read the the OT. But would I trust a Doctor who only went through half of med school? No. So why should the readers trust that your interpretation is correct?

But those of us who are able to read and properly understand it without the need to compare it with the OT are just Fine without doing so !

A million ways to interpret revelation and you have it right. You have to see why i'd be a little skeptical, right? Especially, when you say you don't need to understand the OT in order to understand revelation.

Just because You Require pickles on your hamburger does not mean everyone has to have pickles on their hamburger, You are not the one who is to dictate how the world of people must read a book :)

I wouldn't trust a Doctor who only went to half of med school because he didn't believe all of med school was necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear what you guys are trying to say. Don't lose those glasses you have on. You guys completely miss my point. But read the rest of the verse you quoted, which has not come to pass yet, yes the child was born and for those reasons but the Jews for the most part don't even believe He was the messiah, they rejected Him. They will one day accept him though:

Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Acts 2:30-34
But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,

God promised David that one of his descendants would sit on the throne forever. Peter goes even farther to explain that David, a prophet, foretold that this descendant would sit on the throne through the resurrection from the dead.

What is the throne of David? a literal throne? or a position of authority? As we can see, the Lord's throne was given to David and to Solomon. It is a position of authority.

1 Chronicles 29:23
So Solomon sat on the throne of the Lord as king in place of his father David. He prospered and all Israel obeyed him.

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He sits on the throne currently and his kingdom will never end! The heavens are his throne, and the earth his footstool.

Daniel 7:13-14
3“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,a coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

1. Jesus came on the clouds of heaven to the father (ascension): Matthew 26:64
2. Jesus has all authority: Matthew 28:18 Ephesians 1:21 1 Peter 3:22
3. Jesus entered Glory: Luke 24:26, 2 Peter 3:18
4. Jesus has power: Ephesians 1:21 1 Peter 3:22
5. Jesus has dominion: Ephesians 1:21
6. Jesus was the nobleman who went to a far away country to receive a kingdom: Luke 19:12
7. Jesus is sitting on the Father's throne: revelation 3:21

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear what you guys are trying to say. Don't lose those glasses you have on. You guys completely miss my point. But read the rest of the verse you quoted, which has not come to pass yet, yes the child was born and for those reasons but the Jews for the most part don't even believe He was the messiah, they rejected Him. They will one day accept him though:

But they DID Accept Him!
By the Thousands!!

True Israel was John the Baptist, Mary, Joseph, Jesus, Elisabeth, the 12, the 70, the 3000 at Pentecost, and the great many jews that first rejected but later accepted Jesus Christ. These Jews are true Israel. They later went out and began to preach to gentiles that they might be included into the Nation and receive Abraham's blessing of Genesis 12:1-3, which is an eternal promise fulfilled to Christ's Nation.

Saying that the Jews Faild to Accept Jesus is the same as saying the Jews NEVER entered the Promised land after the 40 years in the wilderness because not all of them did...

You do understand this right?

Many here (maybe you too?) have a bizarre idea of who is Israel (they count the disobedient sons of Abraham as Israel while discounting entirely the faithful sons of Abraham).

St. Paul said that when the nation was in mass apostasy, the TRUE Israel was carried on not through the lineages of the wicked sons but rather through the OBEDIENT FEW (called the "remnant"), such as was true in Isaiah's day (Romans 9:27-29) and Elijah's day (Romans 11:3-5).

Peter says the same thing at Acts 3:22-24, where it is clear that the wicked jews who refuse Christ were to be "cut off from among the People of Israel" while the faithful jews (John the Baptist, Joseph and Mary, the Twelve, the Seventy, the three thousand on Pentecost day, and many other jews) were the True Faithful Israel.

Just as the jewish church abode with Moses in the wilderness (Acts 7:37-38), so Jesus had HIS jewish church (Mt. 16:18-19). And within a few years after Pentecost, the faithful Israel learned how to start accepting both jewish and also gentile followers from all over the empire to convert into their Nation (1 Peter 2:9-10; Mt 21:40-45). And so the tiny remnant True Israel grew into a worldwide Judaism living under the promised NEW covenant of Israel's Messiah.

And so it was also in Moses' day, when the countless thousands of wicked sons of Abraham were slain in the wilderness while the faithful sons of Abraham survived and got to enter the Promised Land. We must NEVER count the continuation of Israel through the wicked sons but rather always through the faithful remnant!

Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Accomplished.
This is today's reality.
And Scripture PROVES IT!

Matthew 28:18
Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth."

Mark 1:14-15
Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

1 Peter 3:21-22
Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him

Revelation 1:5
Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth

Acts 2:30-36
David...being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens...Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

1 Timothy 6:15-16
[He] is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who alone has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see

Scripture clearly says that Jesus is the King of Kings now over heaven and earth, Ruling from the Throne of David!

Read again the scriptures above. What do they say? They say Jesus is the reigning king over all heaven and earth now. He has taken the throne promised to David's son, according to Acts 2:30-36, and he reigns and does great things, like pour out his powers at Pentecost and bring judgment at AD 70 and judge the all the living and the dead. Was King David able to do any such things? No. But the Son of David is a Divine King. A God-King, ruling over Heaven and Earth RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
False and natural disasters are more severe than in the past

False

war does not have to be massive military exercises as terrorist activities kill people often mostly innocent people who are not expecting any people trying to kill them , people targeting innocent civilians with buses , airplanes, trucks , suicide bombers , people shooting machine guns into large crowds of innocent people , people walking into churches and schools to murder as many people as they can .

ALL at a lesser rate than anytime since WWII

As technology improves human morals are declining at a rapid rate , all over the world it is nothing for people to shoot and kill you on the highway if you accidentally pull in front of them , road rage is rampant all over the world ,hatred in the political realm has skyrocketed through the roof all kinds of sexual immorality has risen, I read that Canada said that sex with your pet is not a crime , people desiring to marry there pets,the list goes on with many more things

Thats right... we should go back to the Impeccable morals we had when Blacks couldn't ride in the front of the Bus or drink from the same soda fountain... Heck even with Slavery our morals were much better than today according to this conservative republican family values pedophile:
Roy Moore: America "was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery"

Oy Vey!

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Are you Building an Ark?

Why Not?

Look at Scripture:

Genesis 6:14-16
14 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch. 15 And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits. 16 You shall make a window for the ark, and you shall finish it to a cubit from above; and set the door of the ark in its side. You shall make it with lower, second, and third decks.

Are you doing what this scripture commands?
Or Is this Scripture FALSE AND MEANINGLESS?
Should we Nix every word?
Shall we just rip the Book of Genesis out of our Bibles because there is no need for building an ark NOW?

Is this the point you are making here?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Feel better now that you got it out of your system ? :)
Just because you felt you absolutely HAD to compare the OT with the mark of the beast scriptures does Not by any means require that everybody else has to. Yes it can be of help if you do not understand it without reading the OT ,
But those of us who are able to read and properly understand it without the need to compare it with the OT are just Fine without doing so !

Just because You Require pickles on your hamburger does not mean everyone has to have pickles on their hamburger, You are not the one who is to dictate how the world of people must read a book :)

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start...

You may be reading Revelation without comparing it to the OT, but John is not. John is Fully and completely referencing OT realities, and you ignore this at your own peril. If you do not read it the way John wrote it, then your imagination can make it say whatever you want to say, and it is apparent to me that this is the case.

First, St. John is not speaking of a literal mark on the right hand or on the forehead. If you say he is then you must demonstrate to me who is manufacturing the Mark of God to go into foreheads per Revelation 14:1??? (See also Rev. 9:4 and Rev. 7:2-8.) If your "mark of beast" is a physical/literal marking on hands and heads then so is Rev 14:1! Who is manufacturing this? I want names and companies so I can line up and get my mark of God. I look forward to your answer. Should be telling.

The fact is, St. John is combining Deut 6:8, Deut 11:18, Exodus 13:9 and Ezekiel Chapter 9 to speak of the corruption of the jews of his day. That is, he is specifically referring to the Phylacteries which the jews wore on their hands and their foreheads that were supposed to serve as marks of God's covenant law bound upon them. In this case, the jews have become apostate and bound up in Caesar worship and idolatry, and so their Phylacteries are NOT the marks of God upon them but rather the Marks of the Ancient Roman Empire -- the Beast. This is why John cites that they have a MAN'S number upon them; The Hebrew form of "Caesar Nero" is Nrwn Qsr (pronounced "Neron Kaiser"). The value of the seven Hebrew letters is 50, 200, 6, 50, 100, 60, and 200, respectively -- 666. There is no question that Caesar Nero is the Man-Beast of Revelation -- 666.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To understand the mark of the Beast you first have to determine who or what the beast is.
HAVE YOU DONE THAT?
If so please share with us on CF who you believe the beast is.
The Bible tell us where The Beast is located ....The Bible tell us also that [the Beast] shall go into perdition [the son of perdition].

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the pit and to go into perdition. And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, [they] whose name hath not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.

Revelation 9:11 reveal its identity ...
11 They have over them as king the angel of the pit his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek [tongue] he hath the name Apollyon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no question that Caesar Nero is the Man-Beast of Revelation -- 666.
Again you continue to show that you ONLY accept scripture that you think fits your bogus invalid understanding of what you read
You manufacture your false doctrine , it is not real , You pick and choose which scripture you want to be true and dispose of any scripture that ruins and expose your fake doctrine

As it has been pointed out already MULTIPLE TIMES , NONE , I REPEAT NONE of any of your antichrist Man-Beast people are valid - NONE !!
Yea they did horrible things as did Hitler , one simple thing annihilates your folly bogus belief

The Man of Sin / Man of Lawlessness Man-Beast of Revelation has a PARTNER CALLED THE FALSE PROPHET THAT BRINGS FIRE DOWN FROM HEAVEN IN FRONT OF THE EYES OF ALL THE PEOPLE _and he does it on his command !!
NONE of you amil types have proven that nero or any other person you claim is the Man-Beast had such a partner !!

Proving that nero was NOT the Man-Beast and proving how your fake doctrine is FAKE AND WRONG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Bible tell us where The Beast is located ....The Bible tell us also that [the Beast] shall go into perdition [the son of perdition].

Revelation 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the pit and to go into perdition. And they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, [they] whose name hath not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast, how that he was, and is not, and shall come.

Revelation 9:11 reveal its identity ...
11 They have over them as king the angel of the pit his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in the Greek [tongue] he hath the name Apollyon.

If you can not identify the who or what is the beast then you have no way of knowing what the mark of the beast is. You have not identified the beast in this post.

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can not identify the who or what is the beast then you have no way of knowing what the mark of the beast is. You have not identified the beast in this post.
Have you read the verses provided...what you want to know is there.I don't need to add anything more.

-If you have eyes to see ...then you will see .

Revelation 17:8 ....Revelation 9:11

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: seventysevens
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Again you continue to show that you ONLY accept scripture that you think fits your bogus invalid understanding of what you read
You manufacture your false doctrine , it is not real , You pick and choose which scripture you want to be true and dispose of any scripture that ruins and expose your fake doctrine

As it has been pointed out already MULTIPLE TIMES , NONE , I REPEAT NONE of any of your antichrist Man-Beast people are valid - NONE !!
Yea they did horrible things as did Hitler , one simple thing annihilates your folly bogus belief

The Man of Sin / Man of Lawlessness Man-Beast of Revelation has a PARTNER CALLED THE FALSE PROPHET THAT BRINGS FIRE DOWN FROM HEAVEN IN FRONT OF THE EYES OF ALL THE PEOPLE _and he does it on his command !!
NONE of you amil types have proven that nero or any other person you claim is the Man-Beast had such a partner !!

Proving that nero was NOT the Man-Beast and proving how your fake doctrine is FAKE AND WRONG

Lol.....You are clutching at straws now!

• Haha
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.