seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
it's important to understand what a marking on the forehead and/or arm means. To find what this means, we look at the OT scriptures, specifically Deuteronomy 6:8
You may have to do that - but that does not mean everyone else has to
The mark in Revelation 13 is specific to a man coming in the future
Rev13
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

the OT did not have this man or the number of his name , as this specific man has not yet been revealed

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP..you said something I would like to STOP with "And he causeth all".. did we see the second word there? HE.. I have ...lost.. how can so many know the NUMBER of his name.. yet.. who is he? A beast.. a system.. a number. A number that is NOT 666. The bible was not written in English. No matter HOW we see it when it was written.. before they put all those books or letters in to one book. Some man of GOD wrote down what a GOD said..and it was 600,60,6. Some.. say 600,16,6.. matters not. Each number means something. Not to us.. to us its 666..duh.. I leave it here.

The restrainer is still here. So NO ONE will ever know who the lawless is. We can guess and wonder but the Father.. yeah.. has not told ANYONE and Jesus said.. of those times and seasons.. not talking about just the question put to Him.. but no one knows but the Father. Can be next week or 30 years from now.

So ... have FUN! Best time to be alive. Share Jesus.. and watch and pray!

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gettysburg address using terms like "four score and 7 years ago " each number means something:)

God say it is the number of a man , and " his number is six hundred three score and six"
people often say 666 because it is a that easier than saying six hundred three score and six especially when people who talk about the bible verse it is well known what is being refereed

If it was meant for us to know before his time(Man of Lawlessness) God would have told us , whatever that number means it is connected with the buying and selling of everything that can be bought or sold , and it is a integral part of a system , that number ID's both man and his powerful position and what he causes to happen ;)

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Get this? I'm nearly 68 years old, thus nearly 68 years nearer my death than when I was born. We are also 2000 years nearer the end than when Christ spoke on earth.. Where did I say that the end is near ? According to Jesus not Dave G., when we see an increase in intensity and frequency of many different events, then His return is near. And I gave you some examples of what He indicated as signs . Those aren't my examples they are His. That's all. And He gave no indication of what He meant by NEAR.

Signs, as mentioned before, have been happening for 2,000yrs. Many believing that 'now' was the time!

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
'The Mark of the Beast' - Jamaicans wary of new ID system (Jamaica Star)

The Mark of The Beast and the National I.D System are connected. This is where the Anti-Christ will use a system similar to the National I.D, to keep track of and control people worldwide. This is a fact whether persons want to accept it or not.The NIDS Jamaica system is not the Mark of the Beast itself but is similar to the Mark of the Beast in the future. The Mark of The Beast is a worldwide system not just confined to Jamaica alone.

It is not a physical issue it is about worship

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not a physical issue it is about worship

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
The worship of the Beast will include receiving the mark on the forehead, or on the right hand,

Now if you are interest to know what symbol is the most common among nearly all the great religious system on Earth ,which even many Christians may accept .

The symbol who contain the number 666 hidden.
see:
LINK:
The Star Of David Deception

666-hexagram.gif

The Hexagram equates to 666, which Jesus said is the sign of the beast.

Sign of the beast is a hexagram, called the star of David It has six points, forms six equilateral triangles, and its interior forms a six-sided hexagon — thus it reveals the number of Satan’s antichrist beast.

The 6 points, 6 triangles, and the 6 sides of the hexagon = 666!

israel-flag.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but that does not mean everyone else has to

That's not how books are read. One cannot read the 2nd half of a book and fully understand its meaning, unless the 1st half is read.

The mark in Revelation 13 is specific to a man coming in the future
Rev13
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Deuteronomy 6:8
8You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

This passage is in reference to loving God and keeping his commandments (vs 4-9). The idea of a mark on the hand and the forehead symbolized a person's allegiance. In the case of Deuteronomy 6:8, this allegiance is to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob by keeping the commandments of God close to them.

In the case of Revelation 13, this mark on the hand and forehead symbolizes allegiance to "the beast".

Significant persecution of Christians by Rome started in around 64 AD under Nero. Public persecution makes things like buying and selling in public places difficult for those being persecuted.

the OT did not have this man or the number of his name , as this specific man has not yet been revealed

The OT did not have a prophecy about the "anti-Christ"?

Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
And will continue to increase in frequency and intensity.

Frequency and intensity have always been the same. One may say, even worse during certain times in history!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely Correct.

I know it's romantic and exciting to claim everything is getting worse and worse, but the facts just don't bear that out.
Earthquake frequency has actually decreased.
Violent Crime is at an all time low,
There are fewer wars and fewer people at war than anytime in the past 500+ years
Life expectancy continues to increase
Slavery is has all but been abolished globally
The Overal Human Condition continues to improve and improve.

Here's Why:

"Of the Increase of His government and of His peace there shall be NO END." (Isaiah 9:7)

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are fewer wars and fewer people at war than anytime in the past 500+ years
False and natural disasters are more severe than in the past , war does not have to be massive military exercises as terrorist activities kill people often mostly innocent people who are not expecting any people trying to kill them , people targeting innocent civilians with buses , airplanes, trucks , suicide bombers , people shooting machine guns into large crowds of innocent people , people walking into churches and schools to murder as many people as they can .

As technology improves human morals are declining at a rapid rate , all over the world it is nothing for people to shoot and kill you on the highway if you accidentally pull in front of them , road rage is rampant all over the world ,hatred in the political realm has skyrocketed through the roof all kinds of sexual immorality has risen, I read that Canada said that sex with your pet is not a crime , people desiring to marry there pets,the list goes on with many more things

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That's not how books are read. One cannot read the 2nd half of a book and fully understand its meaning, unless the 1st half is read.
Feel better now that you got it out of your system ? :)
Just because you felt you absolutely HAD to compare the OT with the mark of the beast scriptures does Not by any means require that everybody else has to. Yes it can be of help if you do not understand it without reading the OT ,
But those of us who are able to read and properly understand it without the need to compare it with the OT are just Fine without doing so !

Just because You Require pickles on your hamburger does not mean everyone has to have pickles on their hamburger, You are not the one who is to dictate how the world of people must read a book :)

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the case of Revelation 13, this mark on the hand and forehead symbolizes allegiance to "the beast".Significant persecution of Christians by Rome started in around 64 AD under Nero. Public persecution makes things like buying and selling in public places difficult for those being persecuted.
The mark of the beast six hundred three score and six was Not , Not in the OT pertaining to a man who will be ruler in those days or in the days of NT saints - but for the Times of the End just prior to Messiah Jesus Returns to earth

Furthermore the mark IS 100% about allegiance to the man who is known as the Man of Lawlessness / Man of Sin as he is the great delusion that God said He will send to the people who rejected Jesus as Lord , so God is sending The Man of Sin who will be such a great deceiver.

That he will convince a modern world society such as today -with billions of people having full access to ALL books of scripture all at once that This Man of Sin will convince billions of people that he is God - not just proclaim he is but people will believe it is actually Jesus return to earth and will follow him believing that he is Christ even though he is not Jesus the Christ

Another thing that is exclusive to this time is the false prophet will bring fire down from heaven on demand , no nero was not able to do that nor anyone else except Elijah the prophet- Gods real prophet

While many people may just scoff at it and just take the mark so they can go on with life thinking nothing of it . Jesus makes it clear do not be deceived , but as many people today do rush rush rush to do whatever needs to be done to continue doing whatever entertainment they seek

Another thing that this mark has exclusively that has never been used before is, that it is God declares whoever accepts the mark will forfeit all chances to spend eternity with Him period.
Because a person who accepts the mark Knowingly accepts/worships that Man of Sin as God as that will be made known to the person who accepts it ,

9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of

This man has not yet arrived on the scene but will in the near future

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Absolutely Correct.

I know it's romantic and exciting to claim everything is getting worse and worse, but the facts just don't bear that out.

Here's Why:

"Of the Increase of His government and of His peace there shall be NO END." (Isaiah 9:7)

Exactly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
False and natural disasters are more severe than in the past , war does not have to be massive military exercises as terrorist activities kill people often mostly innocent people who are not expecting any people trying to kill them , people targeting innocent civilians with buses , airplanes, trucks , suicide bombers , people shooting machine guns into large crowds of innocent people , people walking into churches and schools to murder as many people as they can .

As technology improves human morals are declining at a rapid rate , all over the world it is nothing for people to shoot and kill you on the highway if you accidentally pull in front of them , road rage is rampant all over the world ,hatred in the political realm has skyrocketed through the roof all kinds of sexual immorality has risen, I read that Canada said that sex with your pet is not a crime , people desiring to marry there pets,the list goes on with many more things

Go back several hundred years and people were the same, if not worse! Tons of wars. Famine. Pestilence, murders etc etc...

• Agree
Reactions: parousia70
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Nero, best candidate by far. The triple sixes equal his name too. Plus, he was the one that brought fire down upon Rome! He though he was a God, etc etc etc.

People just fantasize about doom and gloom fast approaching because they like to read Revelation the way it suits their beliefs.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Absolutely Correct.

Here's Why:

I hear what you guys are trying to say. Don't lose those glasses you have on. You guys completely miss my point. But read the rest of the verse you quoted, which has not come to pass yet, yes the child was born and for those reasons but the Jews for the most part don't even believe He was the messiah, they rejected Him. They will one day accept him though:

Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goatee

Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Jesus came and conquered. He established His Kingdom. His new covenant.

He gave us a way to salvation. Tribulation is on going.

• Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The worship of the Beast will include receiving the mark on the forehead, or on the right hand,

To understand the mark of the Beast you first have to determine who or what the beast is.
HAVE YOU DONE THAT?
If so please share with us on CF who you believe the beast is.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.