Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first rule in living introspectively is to avoid falling into rapt contemplation of ourselves. I’m sure you’ve met the kind of person, or seen him in Woody Allen movies, who treats life as fodder for his therapy or his autobiography. Breathe easy — I won’t do that here. But what I would like to do is recount the story...
How Ayn Rand, Jean-Paul Sartre and Roe v. Wade made me a Christian...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Forty-two years since abortion was legalized in the US by the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, the defense of the unborn remains the paramount public cause of the Stateside church. Yet even as the annual March for Life in Washington to mark tomorrow's anniversary of the ruling has always provided the most significant platform on the issue both for the movement's base in the trenches and the horde of hierarchs on-hand to lead them...

Cardinal O'Malley: "We need to be the field hospital, not Judge Judy"...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose.” Those who choose repose receive release from the mandates of truth—but it is only temporary. Truth cannot be rejected forever. Those who choose truth, on the other hand, have no rest—and so they march. They march ever onward. The March for Life is a march for truth: a march that refuses to enter into the repose of denial; a march that peacefully protests the legal murder of millions of babies in the United States of America; and a march that commemorates those lives snuffed out before seeing the light of day...

The Funeral March for Life...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While Kristan Hawkins is too young to have been around for the first March for Life, she plans to be at the last one — the one that finally will celebrate the legal protection of human life from conception to natural death. She is dedicated, clever, creative and tireless in the cause, inspired in no small part by her own experience raising a son who has cystic fibrosis...

An interview with Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan’s primary goal is the collapse of the human race and to bring as many souls to Hell as he can manage. This means that he wants to drag us into despair and what better way to do it than by convincing us to end life in the most intimate way possible. Killing life so vulnerable is not a natural human inclination, especially for a woman...

Let us not forget the spiritual battle behind abortion...

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This year I am missing the March for Life. I have attended almost every year since moving back to the United States in 2006, but this year I felt I needed to attend our diocesan priest’s convocation. With the greatest of respect for my bishop and fellow priests. I’d rather be at March for Life! Here’s what’s great about the March for Life...

Why I'd rather be at the March for Life...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums