The man of Lawlessness

Charlesinflorida

Jan 2, 2004
Florida, US
Visit site
✟753.00
Faith
Messianic
I like this rendering of II Thes. 2. Here Sterns takes the position that law is Gods law and not civil law. I agree. I do not think that the man of lawlessnes is some fellow with a back seat full of speeding tickets. Not at all. He is a man who disregards Gods law and makes it of no effect. Gods law is Torah. If we allow "Torah" to be placed here in stead of law, and "the man who rejects Torah", for the lawless one, we come to something very illuminating.

Comments please.

2 1 But in connection with the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah and our gathering together to meet him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to be easily shaken in your thinking or anxious because of a spirit or a spoken message or a letter supposedly from us claiming that the Day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way.
For the Day will not come until after the Apostasy has come and the man who separates himself from Torah has been revealed, the one destined for doom. 4 He will oppose himself to everything that people call a god or make an object of worship; he will put himself above them all, so that he will sit in the Temple of God and proclaim that he himself is God.
5 Don’t you remember that when I was still with you, I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, so that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For already this separating from Torah is at work secretly, but it will be secretly only until he who is restraining is out of the way. 8 Then the one who embodies separation from Torah will be revealed, the one whom the Lord Yeshua will slay with the breath of his mouthand destroy by the glory of his coming.
9 When this man who avoids Torah comes, the Adversary will give him the power to work all kinds of false miracles, signs and wonders. 10 He will enable him to deceive, in all kinds of wicked ways, those who are headed for destruction because they would not receive the love of the truth that could have saved them. 11 This is why God is causing them to go astray, so that they will believe the Lie. 12 The result will be that all who have not believed the truth, but have taken their pleasure in wickedness, will be condemned.
The Jewish New Testament, (Clarksville, MD: Jewish New Testament Publications) 1996.

Charles in Florida

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The man of lawlessness is commonly referred to as "The AntiChrist" he will no doubt claim to be the Messiah and will sit in the third temple (and blaspheme God?). He will be an intimation of the God-head or the trinity as you can see in Revelation. The Advesary, or Satan, will give this person power (or possess this person?).

On a related topic, have you noticed how the first 10 chapters of Genesis parallel Revelation but in reverse, with a new creation at the end of Revelation?

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me clarify, the false prophet, the beast, and (Satan?) will be the imitaiton of the God-head trinitiy, but unlike God, they will be 3 people? God is one God with there personalities, and all personalities are one.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Charlesinflorida said:
2 1 But in connection with the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah and our gathering together to meet him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to be easily shaken in your thinking or anxious because of a spirit or a spoken message or a letter supposedly from us claiming that the Day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way.
For the Day will not come until after the Apostasy has come and the man who separates himself from Torah has been revealed, the one destined for doom. 4 He will oppose himself to everything that people call a god or make an object of worship; he will put himself above them all, so that he will sit in the Temple of God and proclaim that he himself is God.
5 Don’t you remember that when I was still with you, I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, so that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For already this separating from Torah is at work secretly, but it will be secretly only until he who is restraining is out of the way. 8 Then the one who embodies separation from Torah will be revealed, the one whom the Lord Yeshua will slay with the breath of his mouthand destroy by the glory of his coming.
9 When this man who avoids Torah comes, the Adversary will give him the power to work all kinds of false miracles, signs and wonders. 10 He will enable him to deceive, in all kinds of wicked ways, those who are headed for destruction because they would not receive the love of the truth that could have saved them. 11 This is why God is causing them to go astray, so that they will believe the Lie. 12 The result will be that all who have not believed the truth, but have taken their pleasure in wickedness, will be condemned.
The Jewish New Testament, (Clarksville, MD: Jewish New Testament Publications) 1996.

Charles in Florida
One can make the observation that He cannot be a gentile since this refers to one who separates himself from obeying all of the Torah.

Upvote 0