• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured The Major Discrepancy Between Ezekiel and Johns New Jerusalem.

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by Daniel Martinovich, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Daniel Martinovich

Daniel Martinovich Friend Supporter

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    There are at least 3 dozen chapters of prophecy about the New Jerusalem. It's one of the largest bodies of prophecy in the scripture.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    On one important level I suspect strongly that the TEmple of REvelation 21 may come down around the year 3030 whereas the Ezekiel Jerusalem Third TEmple complex could be operation one thousand years earlier... perhaps around 2030 or perhaps 2070?

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

3. GingerBeer

GingerBeer Cool and refreshing with a kick!

+1,029
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    I think your arithmetic is wrong.

144x144x(364x144) gives 1,088,503,937 square Km which is about 420,453,445 square miles. That's less than a third of your estimate.

4. joshcorn

joshcorn Member

+72
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    There is a natural Jerusalem and there is a spiritual Jerusalem.

5. Devin P

Devin P Well-Known Member

+610
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Chapters and verses of each of these discrepancies please.

6. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don’t understand algebraic equations so I can’t speak to what you wrote down.
    144 miles x 144m gives you the square miles of each floor. 144 x 5280 ft divided by 10 ft gives you the number of floors. Times that number by 144m x 144m gives you the square miles of floor space. Just trying to show the enormity of such a structure and not anything else.

7. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    So the bride of Christ is a place?

8. GingerBeer

+1,029
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    The measurement is not 144 miles is it?

Revelation 21:16 The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia. Its length and width and height are equal.

9. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+1,547
    Christian
    Married
    Your looking at this through mans eyes not Gods. We live in like a time bubble.. it will not last.

10. wonderkins

wonderkins Member

+126
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Revelation 21:17

17 He also measured its wall, 144 cubits by human measurement, which is also an angel's measurement.

Notice the 144 cubits. Cubits, not miles. The angel was measuring the size of the wall. Not sure if it's thickness or height. You have an error to your argument right there.

To quote the late Howard Hendricks from Dallas Theological Seminary, out of his Living By The Book series:
    "The MORE time you spend in OBSERVATION, the LESS time you will spend in INTERPRETATION, and the MORE accurate will be your RESULTS. The LESS time you spend in OBSERVATION, the MORE time you will spend in INTERPRETATION, and the LESS accurate will be your RESULTS."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Chapters 20 of Revelation and Ezekiel 38 -39 about God and Magog both proceed prophecies about the New Jerusalem which start in Revelation 21-22 and Ezekiel 40-48. Both prophecies refer to a river of life. Revelation 21:1 and verse 17 says let anyone that is willing to drink of it freely. Ezekiel says wherever the waters go shall be healed. Jesus says, ( a clue) John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) And John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Then in Ezekiel 47:7; 12 The tree's along the river for food and healing. In Ezekiel's vision it says the fruit will not get completely consumed and they will bear their fruit according to its months. In Revelation 22:2 its says there will be twelve manner of fruit bore from one tree monthly and the leaves are for the healing of the nations.

Tell me. Why do the nations need healed if this is a brand new Earth and Heaven where there is no sin or the results of sin to be healed from? How is it in verse 15 that there are are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie outside the city if this is a place that dispensationalists teach is without sin? The answer is so simple that ya'll are completely missing it because the teachings you received as young Christians are making it difficult to see the obvious.

12. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Woops your right, Its way bigger. 1400 miles x 1400 miles x 1400 miles. Whcih I think I did the calculations on that on my web page which was 1.2 trillion square miles if there are 12 foot stories. sorry about that.
    1200 Stadia equals approx 1400 miles.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  13. Truth7t7

Truth7t7 Newbie

+781
    Christian
    Married
    Yes alot of scripture, Just as Isaiah 65:17-19 & Revelation 21:1-5 show this Eternal New Jerusalem also :)

14. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes. the question is which is Ezekiel's?

15. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
  16. GingerBeer

+1,029
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Do you expect the new Jerusalem to be a city 1,500 miles high? It would need more air than the Earth has.

17. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    To Kera's
    Chapters 20 of Revelation and Ezekiel 38 -39 about God and Magog both proceed prophecies about the New Jerusalem which start in Revelation 21-22 and Ezekiel 40-48. Both prophecies refer to a river of life. Revelation 21:1 and verse 17 says let anyone that is willing to drink of it freely. Ezekiel says wherever the waters go shall be healed. Jesus says, ( a clue) John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) And John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Then in Ezekiel 47:7; 12 The tree's along the river for food and healing. In Ezekiel's vision it says the fruit will not get completely consumed and they will bear their fruit according to its months. In Revelation 22:2its says there will be twelve manner of fruit bore from one tree monthly and the leaves are for the healing of the nations.

Tell me. Why do the nations need healed if this is a brand new Earth and Heaven where there is no sin or the results of sin to be healed from? How is it in verse 15 that there are are dogs, and sorcerers, and fornicators, and murderers, and idolaters, and whoever loves and makes a lie outside the city if this is a place that dispensationalists teach is without sin? The answer is so simple that ya'll are completely missing it because the teachings you received as young Christians are making it difficult to see the obvious.

18. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Lol. Good point. Sadly most don't care about such minutia . I'm not the one saying it is a prophecy about a city though which is why there can be major discrepancies like between Ezekiel and John. It's a prophecy that is using a city as an illustration. A prophecy about what though is the real question.

19. iwbswiaihl

iwbswiaihl Newbie

+251
    Christian
    Married
    But there are many of us who take what we read as truth knowing that God's word does not return to Him void, but prosper where He sends it to prosper. I may not understand every thing perfectly, though I want to, but He is not limited by things that common sense may teach, nor by my lack of understanding. Someone mentioned oxygen, do angel breathe oxygen to live? Our life is in Him, I don't think we will be concerned about anything once we are with Him, and I am not saying that anyone posting is either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Daniel Martinovich

+390
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    No one is saying it is not the truth. What I am saying is that much of the Bible’s prophecies are given in visions and words using illustrative language and other literary devices. That is how you can have one prophecy and ten different prophets who see or hear the exact same prophecy about the exact same thing with God using different illustrations with each prophet. That is what is going on with Ezikial and John. They are both being given a prophecy about an age of promise using different illustrations. It’s simply not a prophecy about a city as other writers also testify. If it was there would be very significant contradictions. Not just between these two but also the other prophets.
    You tell me? When Gods people are figuratively represented as the wife of God or the bride of Christ all through the prophets and the New Testament. How is it that all of a sudden in the last two chapters of the Bible the bride of Christ is a literal city?