Country
Canada
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
He is called the light bringer, because if he didn’t mix knowledge with conjecture, and provide much enlightenment, no one would follow his ugly destructive misguiding heads that are all part of the anti-Christ formation and structure of power that has ruled humanity for too long. He brings forth so much knowledge but slips enough poison to destroy.

The emphasis on holy books, is if you must die of thirst - then it’s better then drinking from the doors of destruction that God has not appointed and better to wait to find the door of God that leads to him, and hold on to his handhold, then being enticed by the dark magic to leaders God has not appointed.

You are to learn the holy books from the designated chosen household of guidance of time and to reject all authorities who claim authority, and all those who wish to be followed other then the leaders who guide by God’s command.

It’s good and even obligatory to teach knowledge you have, this is completely different and doesn’t need us to take on the mantle of authority and leadership, as the Illuminati have through deception and infiltrated all religions with their misguiding forces.

The light bringer means he is the head of all leadership aside from the Christ type the anointed and appointed by God type.

So he brings so much light that people become dependent on it, but - it’s best too fast and even come to close death of dying of thirst - then to take mantle of leadership or give it someone not appointed by God.

I swear by God - the light bringers of humanity - have mixed so much conjecture with truth - the only reliable way now, is to fast and reject them, till God brings about his river of light and knowledge and wisdom that is reliable and untainted.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

AskTheFamily

Mar 14, 2010
Ottawa
✟14,900.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
I believe God equipped man with enough brain to be able to outsmart the schemes of Lucifer. People just don't use it.

It's not simple as that, we have to help one another, but we have instead settled for everyone to pick and choose a falsehood and false leader and left to be lead astray. We don't warn on the misleading paths and doors, no with some philosophies, we even act like they all lead back to God.

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Lucifer was a Roman deity with virtually no connection to the character from Christian mythology, safe for his identification with the "morning star".
In fact, that is how this name entered Christian mythology to begin with. The Latin Vulgate needed a translation for the honorific title "star of morning" that shows up at several different points in the Bible (none of them associated with Satan or fallen angels, but at least ONE that calls the returned Messiah thus)), and "Lucifer" was the translator's choice.

The rest is just extra-biblical mythbuilding. The new testament features references to fallen angels, the admonished mortal king titled "star of morning" is addressed with: "how hast thou fallen", and bäm- a new character was born.

Of course, the Jews never shared these particular angelic myths, even though the notion of fallen angels preceded Christianity and shows up in apocryphal texts. To the Jewish tradition, the notion of a disloyal Messenger is absurd - after all, what would that say about an almighty god?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
My post is for those aware of Gog and Magog. It won't help remind those who aren't, but will help move those who are.
Are you familiar with the Islamic take on these two nations? It's even in the Qur'an, and it's so quaint and silly as to make European medieval myth appear mature by comparison.

According to sura 18, the "two-horned" (believed to represent Alexander the Great) imprisoned Gog and Magog by covering a wall of iron with a wall of copper. There, they remained imprisoned until the Final Days, when they will break the barrier down and eat up everything they can find. But when they reach Jerusalem and shoot arrows into the sky (because the sky = heaven), God will rain down flesh-eating worms upon them, and they'll be gobbled down.

Can you really take that seriously?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It's not simple as that, we have to help one another, but we have instead settled for everyone to pick and choose a falsehood and false leader and left to be lead astray. We don't warn on the misleading paths and doors, no with some philosophies, we even act like they all lead back to God.

I really was impressed by what near death experiencer Dr. Richard Eby was shown about the fall of Lucifer.

Dr. Richard Eby's Near-Death Experience and the Second Coming of Christ
Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.

"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed 'adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony 'sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!"

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
So, Near-Death experiences feature extra-biblical legends whose origins can clearly be traced to a specific point in history? (Namely popular myths that conflated Satan with the honorific title given to the king of Babylon in Isaiah, and used the Vulgate's translation "Lucifer" as the original name of the fallen one.)
What does that tell us about the veracity of such "visions"?

Upvote 0

servantofiam

Dec 9, 2018
Colorado
✟18,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
Lucifer was a Roman deity with virtually no connection to the character from Christian mythology, safe for his identification with the "morning star".
In fact, that is how this name entered Christian mythology to begin with. The Latin Vulgate needed a translation for the honorific title "star of morning" that shows up at several different points in the Bible (none of them associated with Satan or fallen angels, but at least ONE that calls the returned Messiah thus)), and "Lucifer" was the translator's choice.

The rest is just extra-biblical mythbuilding. The new testament features references to fallen angels, the admonished mortal king titled "star of morning" is addressed with: "how hast thou fallen", and bäm- a new character was born.

Of course, the Jews never shared these particular angelic myths, even though the notion of fallen angels preceded Christianity and shows up in apocryphal texts. To the Jewish tradition, the notion of a disloyal Messenger is absurd - after all, what would that say about an almighty god?

Concerning "LUCIFER," this poster is correct to a degree.

Isaiah was written in 100% Aramaic/Hebrew some 700 years before people were using Latin Vulgate. And yet, mixed in with the Aramaic/Hebrew text is a term from a language that was not yet in existence. A clear add-on by the Catholic regime.

Now, that does not take away from the purpose and authenticity of the Book of Isaiah, but it does give us an example that in other places of scripture there might also be (tampering/add-ons). The Catholics had one agenda, and that agenda was not always to coincide with the WORD of God, but to further their agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I would not exactly attribure the "Lucifer"-misidentification to "the Catholic agenda": a more obvious example of that would be the Vulgate's decision to turn the apostles' wives into sisters, or the conflation of Mary of Magdala with the unnamed sinner/adulteress/prostitute.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
He is called the light bringer, because if he didn’t mix knowledge with conjecture, and provide much enlightenment, no one would follow his ugly destructive misguiding heads that are all part of the anti-Christ formation and structure of power that has ruled humanity for too long. He brings forth so much knowledge but slips enough poison to destroy.

The emphasis on holy books, is if you must die of thirst - then it’s better then drinking from the doors of destruction that God has not appointed and better to wait to find the door of God that leads to him, and hold on to his handhold, then being enticed by the dark magic to leaders God has not appointed.

You are to learn the holy books from the designated chosen household of guidance of time and to reject all authorities who claim authority, and all those who wish to be followed other then the leaders who guide by God’s command.

It’s good and even obligatory to teach knowledge you have, this is completely different and doesn’t need us to take on the mantle of authority and leadership, as the Illuminati have through deception and infiltrated all religions with their misguiding forces.

The light bringer means he is the head of all leadership aside from the Christ type the anointed and appointed by God type.

So he brings so much light that people become dependent on it, but - it’s best too fast and even come to close death of dying of thirst - then to take mantle of leadership or give it someone not appointed by God.

I swear by God - the light bringers of humanity - have mixed so much conjecture with truth - the only reliable way now, is to fast and reject them, till God brings about his river of light and knowledge and wisdom that is reliable and untainted.

Now I personally have wondered if near death experience accounts that include a Life Review might be the fulfillment of this promise:

John 16:25
These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

If so... then:

Dr. Richard Eby's Near-Death Experience and the Second Coming of Christ

Jesus hesitated as I tried to capture the immensity of his explanations.

"You must understand, my son, that original creation mirrored the composition and perfection of Person-God. All creation vibrated in unison with us! There was total accord and harmony everywhere as the whole creation was resonating with and in God!

"Each separate thing or being thus carried out an appointed task in our scheme for the universe. A heaven-form of music resulted as even the stars sang in their appointed circuits. Here in paradise you are hearing these melodious vibrations directly upon your new mind, undistorted. On Earth you heard distorted sounds through the air waves. Throughout heaven the music flows from my throne, uninterrupted, undefiled, and peace-giving."

Jesus paused again.

"My book tells of the time when Lucifer's rebellion in heaven changed some things. He sought to usurp my Father's throne, assume his position as the most high God, and to rule the universe. For that blasphemy Lucifer was cast from heaven to Earth; in fact, I saw him fall as a bolt of lightning! In a tantrum of hate and rage over being deposed so fast he and his fallen angels disfigured our perfect Earth. It became void and uninhabitable. For punishment befitting his enemy of God, Lucifer was given a new name, Satan, since he was the self-appointed 'adversary' of the Almighty. Anything that God had made, Satan would attempt to destroy from then on. As Lucifer he had been created the highest angel about the throne, one of his assignments and talents being the chief musician in charge of worship and music. In his rebellious anger he set about destroying harmony on and in the Earth from then on. That is why the Earth where he operates now is out of harmony with God's other creations. In my book we call this disharmony 'sin', because it defies God's will that even the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament show his handiwork.

"But be of good cheer, my son. The Father has permitted me to overcome Satan's world system of sin, and to destroy the works of Satan, and to re-establish righteousness in the hearts of my friends. Eventually in his chosen time he will restore all creation as it once was, in him!"

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

God didn't create Satan, man did. Satan (ha'shaitan) occurs by name in the Old Testament in the Book of Job, and here it's clear that the angel Satan is not the Devil! The Devil is supposedly banished from the presence of God, yet in Job, Satan is allowed to talk with and to come and go from God's presence and on a mission for God yet! What's going on? Satan here is not "the Devil" but sort of God's prosecuting attorney. There is a very common perception that the 'Lucifer' in Isaiah 14:12ff refers to Satan, the supernatural personification of evil. This misconception comes from two sources. The first is wishful thinking in the sense that it is nice to think that 'the Enemy' will get his come-uppance eventually. The second has to do with the old caution that scripture is to be read only 'in context'. This requires going back and reading all of Isaiah 13 and the earlier verses in Isaiah 14. When this is done we suddenly realize that scripture is not speaking of a supernatural Satan at all but of a Babylonian king with an immense ego. Read Isaiah 14: " 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:" What follows is a long rant against this oppressive king filled with numerous reference to his human nature like Isaiah 14: "16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17 the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" This passage is in no way a reference to Satan or the devil. The Jews did not originally believe in devils but they picked up this concept during the Babylonian Exile from the Persians who followed Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Up to that time, their concept of God was of a being responsible for everything, both good and evil. Isaiah 45:”7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” is just one quote that demonstrates this. The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.

• Agree
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The idea of fallen or rebellious angels originates in the 2nd temple period, and found in apocryphal Jewish texts as Jane mentioned. Christians continued this tradition of early Jewish thought (with many debating it is ultimately of Zoroastrian influence). Lucifer in Isaiah is simply an epithet for a human king, and identifying this name with the devil is a medieval innovation. There were early Christian saints and clergy named Lucifer, such as St. Lucifer of Cagliari.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The idea of fallen or rebellious angels originates in the 2nd temple period, and found in apocryphal Jewish texts as Jane mentioned. Christians continued this tradition of early Jewish thought (with many debating it is ultimately of Zoroastrian influence). Lucifer in Isaiah is simply an epithet for a human king, and identifying this name with the devil is a medieval innovation. There were early Christian saints and clergy named Lucifer, such as St. Lucifer of Cagliari.

-CryptoLutheran
Merry Christmas via.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God didn't create Satan, man did. Satan (ha'shaitan) occurs by name in the Old Testament in the Book of Job, and here it's clear that the angel Satan is not the Devil! The Devil is supposedly banished from the presence of God, yet in Job, Satan is allowed to talk with and to come and go from God's presence and on a mission for God yet! What's going on? Satan here is not "the Devil" but sort of God's prosecuting attorney. There is a very common perception that the 'Lucifer' in Isaiah 14:12ff refers to Satan, the supernatural personification of evil. This misconception comes from two sources. The first is wishful thinking in the sense that it is nice to think that 'the Enemy' will get his come-uppance eventually. The second has to do with the old caution that scripture is to be read only 'in context'. This requires going back and reading all of Isaiah 13 and the earlier verses in Isaiah 14. When this is done we suddenly realize that scripture is not speaking of a supernatural Satan at all but of a Babylonian king with an immense ego. Read Isaiah 14: " 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:" What follows is a long rant against this oppressive king filled with numerous reference to his human nature like Isaiah 14: "16 Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, 17 the man who made the world a desert, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" This passage is in no way a reference to Satan or the devil. The Jews did not originally believe in devils but they picked up this concept during the Babylonian Exile from the Persians who followed Zoroastrianism. The Zoroastrians believed in both a god of good (Ahura-Mazda) and a god of evil (Ahrulman) engaged in a cosmic struggle. The Jews picked up and ran with this idea. It was easy to cast YHWH in the role of the God of good. They took also the angel ha'shaitan (Satan) in the book of Job and recast that character as Satan the near divine force of evil. Up to that time, their concept of God was of a being responsible for everything, both good and evil. Isaiah 45:”7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.” is just one quote that demonstrates this. The Jews never connected Satan to the serpent in the Garden of Eden. It was the second-century Christian martyr, Justin of Samaria, who was first to argue that Satan appeared as a serpent to tempt Adam and Eve to disobey God.

Lucifer once was a bright morning star--he was a covering cherub, which means he used his wings to cover the light coming from God, a position that Gabriel now holds. God's light is so bright even the angels have to be shielded from it--Moses face shone so brightly after just being in His presence that he had to veil his face, for the Israelites could not bear to look at it. But at the fall His name was changed---he is no longer Lucifer, the morning star--he is Satan, the adversary. And it is as Satan that he went to the courts of God. He was not there to do the will of God. This was a meeting of God's ambassadors from other worlds if you read it closely--Satan was there as Prince of this world. He inherited it at the fall. It is he that hurt Job, not God, God allowed it. He knew Job would withstand, and he did and put Satan to shame. Satan is a defeated foe, he was defeated t the cross. He is now fighting to take as many with him as possible for he knows his final end. To the saved he is a thorn in the side, to the lot, their destroying "friend"--he hates all humanity, particularly the saved. He wants us a,, destroyed with him. Salvation is for believing humanity--not for him, his angels that followed him nor his human followers.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lucifer once was a bright morning star--he was a covering cherub, which means he used his wings to cover the light coming from God, a position that Gabriel now holds. God's light is so bright even the angels have to be shielded from it--Moses face shone so brightly after just being in His presence that he had to veil his face, for the Israelites could not bear to look at it. But at the fall His name was changed---he is no longer Lucifer, the morning star--he is Satan, the adversary. And it is as Satan that he went to the courts of God. He was not there to do the will of God. This was a meeting of God's ambassadors from other worlds if you read it closely--Satan was there as Prince of this world. He inherited it at the fall. It is he that hurt Job, not God, God allowed it. He knew Job would withstand, and he did and put Satan to shame. Satan is a defeated foe, he was defeated t the cross. He is now fighting to take as many with him as possible for he knows his final end. To the saved he is a thorn in the side, to the lot, their destroying "friend"--he hates all humanity, particularly the saved. He wants us a,, destroyed with him. Salvation is for believing humanity--not for him, his angels that followed him nor his human followers.

Yes, that is one interpretation.

Upvote 0