Midwest
✟153,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. I went out to find a strap for my new guitar over the weekend to play at the nursing home service. The cheapest one I could find had the graphic from the cover of "Dark Side of the Moon". I got home, looked at the rainbows and thought "oh crap, somebody at church is going to read something into this..."
I think we should take back the rainbow! Back in the early 80’s rainbows were in fashion, everywhere. And my friend and I bought rainbow stickers and put them in our rear windows of our cars. Nobody thought anything negative about it. Now? I’d never put one in my window

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have to confess aesthetically the Lotus if viewed from above reminds me of the Luther Rose...these flowers, created by God, I think Martin Luther would urge the Christian iconographic use of.

I recall from my youth a defense, attributed to Luther, presumably against some Zwinglian, Calvinist or Anabaptist radicals, of Christmas trees, their roundness reflecting the eternity of God and their triangular shape the Holy Trinity; whether or not Luther actually said that or it was psuedepigrapha recited to a nine year old who would not have been expected to recall it to the verge of his own dotage I am not certain, but I like it as much now as then and it seems like the sort of common sense we would associate with Martin Luther.

Upvote 0