Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's no secret that there is a crisis in Catholic preaching today. There is a general sense amongst many of the laity that Catholic priests simply are not able to preach well. People complain that homilies are boring and increasingly out of touch with the experiences of everyday life...

Continued below.
The Lost Art of Catholic Preaching

• Friendly
Reactions: YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal
Jan 16, 2019
new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
when i was younger i experienced the charasmatic renewal within the Catholic Church. It opened the way for people to express their faith and live it more fully. Yes there is a crisis in preaching today. Have you ever heard of Renewal Ministries? It addresses that very issue and brings catholic back to the focus of their faith in a very deep and real way. Blessings

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No I have never heard of Renewal Ministries. I'll try to look it up.
when i was younger i experienced the charasmatic renewal within the Catholic Church. It opened the way for people to express their faith and live it more fully. Yes there is a crisis in preaching today. Have you ever heard of Renewal Ministries? It addresses that very issue and brings catholic back to the focus of their faith in a very deep and real way. Blessings

• Friendly
Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟935,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We’re fortunate. We have two priests that have definitely not lost the art of preaching. They both mix their homilies with the daily readings, how they relate to current situations, and the hard, uncomfortable topics.

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are less fortunate - preaching is very sparse and watered down. And the community seems to reflect this some.

I think this is a huge problem, as Romans 10:17 tells us faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟402,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes - if I have to hear one more talk about the border that has nothing to do with the actual readings...………..

Probably once or twice in the last 5 years was there a mention of pro-life, and I have NEVER heard contraception mentioned - never.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

I am quite familiar with them. Some of the best sermons I ever heard where from the group of rotating priest that would say Mass at the charismatic services I attended.

Upvote 0

clanofails

Jan 7, 2019
Juno
✟16,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have studied Latin and it is a language that has roots in many, many languages of the world.

Ya know, sometimes it can be difficult to preach hard realities and moral truths. In all major Christian denominations, Protestants, and Catholics all over the world, it is so difficult to hold a crowd when this type of preaching is there. People don't seem to want to hear much of it. But the preachers and ministers deserve much credit for trying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums