Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 14:22, 23. Yet behold, there shall be left in it a remnant who will be brought out, sons and daughters; surely they will come out to you, and you will see their ways and their means. Then you will be comforted concerning the disaster that I have brought upon Jerusalem, all that I have brought upon it. And they will comfort you, when you see their ways and their means; and you shall know that I have done nothing without cause
that I have done in it, says the Lord God.

derek aliylah=ways and means

This Word informs us that the remnant will demonstrate a right way of acting based on pure intentions from a heart directed by the Lord. Not just the ways that the people accomplish,
but also the means by which they fulfill them. When people see their works, they will be comforted, that God is still with the people, even in the face of great catastrophe or hardship. The Brenton Septuagint renders this expression ‘their ways and their thoughts’, the emphasis on the reasoning behind the action being expressed.

Psalm 99:8. You answered them, O Lord our God: you were a God that forgave them,
though You took vengeance of their inventions.

Rather than ‘inventions’ for aliylah here , most modern translations state ‘misdeeds’. The Septuagint is translated by Brenton as ‘devices’. Simply punishing deeds without correcting the faulty reasoning behind the acts would accomplish very little. The Lord desires to lead in the right way.

1 Samuel 2:3. Talk no more so very proudly; let no arrogance come from your mouth.
For the Lord is the God of knowledge; And by Him aliylah is assessed.

This is the derek aliylah of the Lord.

Ezekiel 20:43, 44. And there shall ye remember your ways and your means, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed. And ye shall know that I am the Lord when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupted means,
O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

What is the offense that perpetuates the falling away of the people? Not only in disregarding laws and statutes, but grievously profaning their memorials. The Lord gave the people His Sabbaths, that they may pass down the righteous way to their children. Sin was magnified by what a chosen people passed onto the next generation.

Ezekiel 20:18. But I said to their children in the wilderness, Do not walk in the statutes of your fathers, nor observe their judgments, nor defile yourselves with their idols. I am the Lord your God: Walk in My statutes, keep My judgments, and do them; hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the
Lord your God.

Forty years of wandering in the wilderness resulted in an entire generation passing away before the nation entered the promised land.

Psalm 103:7. He made known His derek to Moses, His aliylah unto the children of Israel.

A clear division was presented by how that generation worshipped, and how their children had learned to walk. The memorials of the Torah were to ensure that this refined generation passed on righteousness to their children.

Ezekiel 21:24. Therefore thus says the Lord God: Because you have made your iniquity to be remembered [by your children], in that your transgressions are uncovered, so that in all your aliylah your sins appear; because you have perpetuated their memory in passing them on, you shall be taken in hand.

While aliylah is most typically translated deeds, it actually strikes deeper to the reasoning and planning that precedes the action. Even if the motive seems pure, the method will be faulty without the wisdom of God. The remnant of God will ultimately declare His ways and means.

Zephaniah 3:11. On that day you shall not be shamed for all of your wicked aliylah, in which you transgress against Me; For then I will take away from your midst those who rejoice in your pride, and you shall no longer be haughty in My holy mountain.

And in that day you will say:
Isaiah 12:4. Praise the Lord, call upon His name; declare His aliylah among the peoples. Make mention that His name is exalted.

Psalm 9:11. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His aliylah among the people.

Last edited:
Reactions: GospelS

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Proverbs 10:29. The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be
to the workers of iniquity.

Ezekiel 18:25. Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel;
is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

Acts 18:25. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit,
he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord...

Upvote 0