Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Just an idea about sharing films which might be worth watching .

I kick off with A Month in the Country (film) - Wikipedia.

The film adaptation of J. L. Carr's wonderful novella "A Month in the Country". The story tells of First World War veteran Tom Birkin (Colin Firth), who, in the summer of 1920, travels to the beautiful Yorkshire village of Oxgodby to uncover a medieval wall painting in the local church. During his stay Birkin develops an unspoken love for the vicar's wife Alice (Natasha Richardson) and forms a close friendship with archaeologist James Moon (Kenneth Branagh), who is also emotionally scarred by the conflict. As both men set about excavating the past, they also begin to reclaim themselves from the horrors of war .

Reactions: Shiloh Raven

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,520.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I saw "The Same Kind of Different as Me" in the theater with some friends last week.
Author Ron Hall had spoken in our town last year, and we had all read his book.
It's based on a real-life story of an unlikely friendship that develops between Ron and Debbie Hall, a wealthy couple volunteering at a shelter's soup kitchen, and Denver Moore, a homeless man with lots of homespun wisdom.
Not as inspiring as Hall's real-life story--or the book he co-wrote with Denver, but very good nonetheless.

Upvote 0