Prescott, Az
✟39,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Lord's Supper is the foundation of relationship within the body of Christ. It is not
simply an expression of your personal experience of Jesus. People talk of receiving life
from the Eucharist. That life is in the wholeness of the body, of which you are a part.
All of Paul's teachings in letters to churches pertain to this experience.
The 'you' in his letters are always plural. Start here:

Acts 2:
And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship,
in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

Consider the passage from 1 Corinthians 11, from where Paul begins.
Conduct at the Lord’s Supper
17 Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together
not for the better but for the worse.
18 For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are
divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
19 For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may
be recognized among you.

Now compare to this:
Ephesians 4:
1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you(all) to walk worthy of the calling with which
you(all) were called,
2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There is much more to be expounded upon for this subject.
Hopefully this is enough to make this statement for anyone that feels they are not experiencing Christ. You must make a commitment to a small group of dedicated,
like-minded believers and experience Christ together, as the Lord intended.
The Life of Christ is in the small group fellowship, where the gifts can manifest,

and the Holy Spirit can minister to all, through all.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
While I agree with what you have presented, sometimes I take time aside to break bread alone with Him.

Are you comfortable with that form of worship and communion?

Dear Carl,
The problem that I have is that the Eucharist is a communal act. In the Orthodox church, in order to celebrate the Divine Liturgy, there has to be at least two people present. A priest cannot celebrate it alone.

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0