Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know nobody knows the day or hour the Lord will come back but I know it will be very soon. Anyway, do you think this is possible, that the Lord will come back on a Sunday since Sunday is known as the Lord's day?..I mean the Bible in Genesis talks about how the Lord made the earth in 7 days but rested on the 7th day which is Sunday I believe. It seems the Lord works on weekdays like a typical human being. But take his day off on Sunday. I also remember a Bible verse from our Lord. He said something about making sure our flight isn't in the winter and on a weekend I think wouldn't it make sense since the Lord would be working all that week and wouldn't it make sense for him to choose sunday that following week since he would have that whole day off? lol call me weird but is it possible the Lord will be coming back on a Sunday on some winter's day? It also says people will be giving into marriages and partying etc...dont people usually do those things on a weekend too? Ha.

On the cross Jesus exclaimed "It is finished" and although this has far greater meanings I think it also connects back to the 6th day of creation when creation was finished as Jesus would have died on the 6th day, Friday. Jesus lay in the grave and "rested" over the Sabbath, the 7th day or modern day Saturday, thereby being the first ever to completely fulfill the Sabbath and he rose again on the first day, Sunday, the first day of creation, a new day. This is the day God first spoke light into darkness and a void that was earth and now Jesus is the new light and Sunday becomes the new first day of creation. The days of the week echo this since creation a start, an end, a rest and then a start again through resurrection.

You just have to figure out what is the focus of the return of Christ to fit it with which day he will return if he is to follow a similar pattern. Is it a new beginning (Sunday) Is it an ending or passing away (Friday) is it a rest (Saturday). A closer study may reveal aspects of each day that have their uniquenesses, for example, if day 1 is a salvation metaphor can day 2 be a baptism metaphor? What is day 3?

The creation account is really packed in and its order and phrasing are far more important that we give it credit and goes well beyond some literal wooden interpretation. For example, the first 3 days are vessels and the last 3 days are a filling up of these vessels and days 1 & 4, days 2 & 5 and days 3 & 6 are connected. Let's take day 1 the light is spoken into being, yet on day 4 the sun and moon and all the celestial objects are created. Could day 1 be a great expanse of the universe as a vessel and day 4 be the filling up of the vessel?

With the creation account worry less about the literal unfolding of days, they are arbitrary to the greater points being made in the account and the death of Christ shows a pattern being echoed through this, an end, a rest, a new beginning. The return of Christ will probably echo this same cylindrical pattern that seems to be present in all systems of life.

Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Look, i don't really care ok, Sabbath day or not, who works on a bulldozer on Sunday anyway?! And Sabbath or not we are not in the medieval times anymore, I'm sure Sunday is known as the 7th day to most people in this world. And if Jesus died on the cross on a Friday and was to rise in three days then yes I really believe Jesus risen on an early Monday morning..it was known it took a long time for him to die that day so it must have been kinda late on that day when he did die, and 3 days would have been on Monday especially supposedly counting the time..so if he did die on Friday and if it was late, it's very possible he did rose sometime on monday. I mean would it be so wrong if he did actually risen on a Monday? And yes Jesus did say he was Lord on the Sabbath which makes me think, if by him saying even he is Lord on the Sabbath, i ask myself again could it be he really will return on a sabbath day since he would be LORD on that day? Who knows? He may very well but the truth is Jesus said no one knows the day or hour, so it's just assumptions and educated guesses we make which by the way we should probably not do anyway. And if you search through my previous responses you will see that I explained the Sabbath is for a day of resting etc. But I also said if any work is done on the sabbath (Sunday (?)?). It should atleast be one that is good and that rightly honors, magnifies and show reverence to the Lord and his teachings itself only....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It also seems like some of you are copying stuff from manmade doctrine websites, you know the strange ones with strange looking words highlighted in weird bright colors...lol you know, the ones that blind ya ...im sorry but i try ro stay away from that cause each time i finish reading them i feel like i just been cursed by God...and some of you should try to stay away from that stuff too. Obviously you should see they dont align with the words of our Lord..atleast that's how I read and see some of you guys responses.... Oh well...*shrug ...I think I'm done responding to this thread anyway though... FINITO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the cross Jesus exclaimed "It is finished" and although this has far greater meanings I think it also connects back to the 6th day of creation when creation was finished as Jesus would have died on the 6th day, Friday. Jesus lay in the grave and "rested" over the Sabbath, the 7th day or modern day Saturday, thereby being the first ever to completely fulfill the Sabbath and he rose again on the first day, Sunday, the first day of creation, a new day. This is the day God first spoke light into darkness and a void that was earth and now Jesus is the new light and Sunday becomes the new first day of creation. The days of the week echo this since creation a start, an end, a rest and then a start again through resurrection.

You just have to figure out what is the focus of the return of Christ to fit it with which day he will return if he is to follow a similar pattern. Is it a new beginning (Sunday) Is it an ending or passing away (Friday) is it a rest (Saturday). A closer study may reveal aspects of each day that have their uniquenesses, for example, if day 1 is a salvation metaphor can day 2 be a baptism metaphor? What is day 3?

The creation account is really packed in and its order and phrasing are far more important that we give it credit and goes well beyond some literal wooden interpretation. For example, the first 3 days are vessels and the last 3 days are a filling up of these vessels and days 1 & 4, days 2 & 5 and days 3 & 6 are connected. Let's take day 1 the light is spoken into being, yet on day 4 the sun and moon and all the celestial objects are created. Could day 1 be a great expanse of the universe as a vessel and day 4 be the filling up of the vessel?

With the creation account worry less about the literal unfolding of days, they are arbitrary to the greater points being made in the account and the death of Christ shows a pattern being echoed through this, an end, a rest, a new beginning. The return of Christ will probably echo this same cylindrical pattern that seems to be present in all systems of life.
Sunday is also known as the 8th day, the day of new beginnings.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sunday is also known as the 8th day, the day of new beginnings.
it's the same math, 7 + 1. It's like a clock with 7 days when it reaches 7 it goes back to 1. an important connection is not just the day that follows the Sabbath but also the first day of creation. in this way, there is a parallel drawn from the first creation to new creation.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Amen brother! The word "Sabbath" first appears in Exodus 16:23 - Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord has said: ‘Tomorrow is a Sabbath rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake today, and boil what you will boil; and lay up for yourselves all that remains, to be kept until morning.

According to God's Word the ORIGIN of the SABBATH is found in GENESIS 2:1-3 when God created it on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week and RESTED (שׁבת; shâbath *H7673 which is the verb for keeping or doing the Sabbath which is the noun or the name of what is being kept).

On the SEVENTH DAY we are told that God BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY of the week and set it aside from all the other days of the week as a HOLY DAY.

The HEBREW WORD for REST שׁבת; shâbath *H7673 is the verb and root word for DOING the SABBATH. The Hebrew word for Sabbth is a noun for what is being done which is resting. The Hebrew word for Sabbath is שׁבּת; shabbâth from H7676; intermission, that is, (specifically) the Sabbath: - (+ every) sabbath. Sabbath is the noun form of what is being done which is resting that means every seventh day is to be rested (every Sabbath or from one Sabbath to another; noun).

Let's have a look at the HEBREW words and scriptures...

GENESIS 2:1-3 [1], Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. [2], And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath by resting] on the SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made. [3], And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY AND MADE IT HOLY: BECAUSE THAT IN IT HE HAD RESTED [שׁבת; shâbath H7673; Keep Sabbath] from all his work which God created and made.

Let's now look and compare the Hebrew noun SABBATH used in God's 4th Commandments of the 10 Commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is...

EXODUS 20:8-11 [8], REMEMBER the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> [Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day] [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God [This is a direct reference from God's Word defining what the Sabbath is; The SABBATH = the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK]: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and RESTED THE SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and MADE IT HOLY.

NOTE: The reason for the Sabbath Commandment is to REMEMBER the God of creation. He rested on the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK, BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK and made it a HOLY DAY that no work is to be done. v11 Refers back to Genesis 2:1-3 and the origin of the Sabbath. v8 shows that this commandment is a MEMORIAL of creation v11 [the reason for the 4th commandment]. Let's now look at the origin of God's 4th commandment...

It is very clear from the scriptures that God made the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH for mankind. It is also one of the 10 Commandments that give us the KNOWLEDGE of SIN when broken.

MARK 2:27-28 [27], And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:[28], so that the Son of man is lord even of the sabbath.

CONCLUSION: The SABBATH as defined in God's Word as *EXODUS 20:10 the SEVENTH DAY OF THE WEEK because God BLESSED the SEVENTH DAY and made it a HOLY DAY in EXODUS 20:11 repeating GENESIS 2:1-3. The Hebrew word for REST 7673 שָׁבַת shâbath, is the verb used for KEEPING THE SABBATH by RESTING. While the Hebrew word for SABBATH 7676 שַׁבָּת shabbâth, is the noun or the name of what is being kept which is the SEVENTH DAY that God BLESSED and made HOLY. The reason the SABBATH was made was for mankind to REST, CELEBRATE and REMEMBER the God of creation and the CREATOR and LORD of the SABBATH *MARK 2:27-28. As shown above through the scriptures and the HEBREW word meanings your conclusion is a false one. Only posted in love and as a help to you brother.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sabbatarians maintain that the "Lord's day" is the Sabbath. They maintain that Jesus said he was Lord of the Sabbath. However this is a very weak argument and the actual evidence for the first day (Sunday) is MUCH stronger! - The Lord's Day - Revelation 1:10 ... The First Day! :oldthumbsup:

According to God's Word in the NEW COVENANT there is no scripture that says that Sunday or the first day of the week is the "LORDS DAY"! If there is no scripture that says that Sunday is the "LORDS DAY" why do you pretend that there is?

Let's start by looking at your scriptures that many use to claim SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY"

REVELATIONS 1:9-11 [9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. [10], I was in the Spirit on the LORD'S DAY, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11], Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.

No doubt about it Revelations 1:10 clearly says that John was in the SPIRIT on the "LORD'S DAY"!

NOW the only problem you have is the need to show scripture that says SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S DAY.

Can you please provide scripture that says SUNDAY or the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK is the "LORD'S DAY"?

If you cannot find any scriptures to say that SUNDAY is the "LORD'S DAY" then you have a problem.

Now let's look at the scriptures that give the answer to our question

Q. WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?

A.
MATTHEW 12:8 [8], For THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Which day is the Lord's Day? THE SABBATH DAY (MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

There is NO scripture that says Sunday or the FIRST DAY of the week is the Lords Day. God's Word says the Lord's day is the Sabbath day. This is the day God rested on, he set apart and made a Holy day at the completion of the creation week and made a memorial for all mankind (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus is the God of creation and he is the Lord of the Sabbath day (Matthew 12:8; Mark 2:27-28).

Sunday worship is a man made traditions that is not found in the Word of God. There is no scriptures in all of God's Word that says God's 4th commandment of the 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken has been abolished as we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day. According to God's Word, John in the book of REVELATIONS 1:10 was in the SPIRIT on the SABBATH DAY (LORD'S DAY) not SUNDAY!

HOW WAS THE LORD'S DAY CHANGED TO SUNDAY?

SUNDAY Worship is a teaching and tradition of men handed down by the Roman Catholic Church that has lead many to break and ignore God's 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11)

ARE YOU FOLLOWING A MAN MADE TRADITION IN SUNDAY WORSHIP?

God's WORD is very clear. If we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God then we are not following God...

MATTHEW 15:3-9
[3], But he answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
[4], For God commanded, saying, Honor your father and mother: and, He that curses father or mother, let him die the death.
[5], But you say, Whoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatever you might be profited by me;
[6], And honor not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
[7], You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
[8], This people draws near to me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
[9], But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Who do we believe and follow? The teachings and traditions of men or the WORD of God? Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

SIN is breaking any of God's 10 Commandments (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4) Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

In times of ignorance God winks at but when as knowledge of the truth has come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and believe his Word (Acts 17:30-31)

God's is calling his people to come out from following the traditions of men to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to His Word.

God knows many follow these traditions from ignorance because they do not know any better. He loves all and is calling all who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Seek him in prayer asking for his Spirit to guide and teach you. He promises to be your guide and teacher. (John 14:26; 16:13: 7:17)

Who do we believe and follow? The Word of God or the words of men?

God is calling all those who have ears to hear back to His Word.

God's Sheep hear His Voice.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sunday isn't the Sabbath. The Sabbath falls on the seventh day of the ancient 7 day weekly cycle, which corresponds with Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the seek.

Christians have not historically observed the Sabbath because the Sabbath was given exclusively to the Jewish people as part of God's covenant with them. The Christian tradition of worshiping on the first day of the week comes from the days of the apostles, and is because Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week. That's why it was called "the Lord's day", because it was the day on which Christ rose from the dead.

-CryptoLutheran

According to God's Word in the NEW COVENANT if we are not a part of God's ISRAEL then we have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

EPHESIANS 2:11-13 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

[12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12). Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

According to God's Word in the NEW COVENANT God's 4th Commandment (to REMEMBER the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH - EXODUS 20:8-12) is one of God's 10 Commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20.

According to God's Word in the NEW COVENANT, no one who practices known unrepentant sin will enter the Kingdom of Heaven because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; REVELATION 14:12; REVELATION 22:14; ROMANS 3:31; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6; REVELATION 21:7-8; TITUS 2:11-12

God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think it's interesting these legalist want to promote the sabbath with Gen 2 in the Garden and call what God called good evil. Their legalism will only get them into trouble.

Your confused brother, we follow God's Word because we love God not because we are saved by what we do. We cannot save ourselves. We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Those who LOVE JESUS believe and follow him *JOHN 14:15. Those who do not do not know him *1 JOHN 2:3-4.

God's Sheep hear His Voice (the Word)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please present any Scripture calling the sabbath the Lord's Day.

No problem...

Q. WHAT DAY IS THE "LORD'S DAY" ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE?

A.
MATTHEW 12:8 [8], For THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY.

Which day is the Lord's Day? THE SABBATH DAY (MATTHEW 12:8; MARK 2:27-28)

God's WORD says that the SABBATH DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY!

Now please brother show the scripture that says Sunday or the first day of the week is the LORD'S DAY?

You cannot can you!

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Although God's rest on the seventh day (Genesis 2:3) did foreshadow a future Sabbath law, there is no Biblical record of the Sabbath before the children of Israel left the land of Egypt. *Nowhere in Scripture is there any hint that Sabbath keeping was practiced from Adam to Moses.

According to God's Word mankind (Adam and Eve) were created on the 6th Day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:26-31. So mankind was made BEFORE the SABBATH which was made on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week *GENESIS 2:1-3. God met with ADAM and EVE after the SEVENTH DAY was BLESSED and made HOLY and set aside as a REST DAY (Sabbath) *GENESIS 3.

There is no scripture that says God's people did not know God's SABBATH or His LAWS BEFORE EXODUS 20 at Sinai. The very fact that God's people were keeping God's SABBATH in EXODUS 16 only proves that it was known before SINIA.

Then we read of Abraham..

GENESIS 26:5 [25] because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

The HEBREW word used here for law תּורה תּרה is TORAH. This would also include the sacrificial laws for sin and sin offerings as shown that Abraham was aware of and practiced in *GENESIS 22:2-3 all before Sinia. God's Word teaches that it is God's LAW that gives us the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20. God's people would not be offering sin offerings before Sinia if they did not know what Sin was or the LAW that defines what sin is when broken (1 JOHN 3:4).

Before the written Word of God there was the spoken Word of God passed down to God's people. Happy to go through more of the scriptures if your interested. Just let me know.

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. Your better off praying for yourself if your promoting breaking any one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is if we knowingly break them *ROMANS 3:20; JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

Something to pray about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to God's Word mankind (Adam and Eve) were created on the 6th Day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:26-31. So mankind was made BEFORE the SABBATH which was made on the SEVENTH DAY of the CREATION week *GENESIS 2:1-3. God met with ADAM and EVE after the SEVENTH DAY was BLESSED and made HOLY and set aside as a REST DAY (Sabbath) *GENESIS 3.

There is no scripture that says God's people did not know God's SABBATH or His LAWS BEFORE EXODUS 20 at Sinai. The very fact that God's people were keeping God's SABBATH in EXODUS 16 only proves that it was known before SINIA.

Then we read of Abraham..

GENESIS 26:5 [25] because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

The HEBREW word used here for law תּורה תּרה is TORAH. This would also include the sacrificial laws for sin and sin offerings as shown that Abraham was aware of and practiced in *GENESIS 22:2-3 all before Sinia. God's Word teaches that it is God's LAW that gives us the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20. God's people would not be offering sin offerings before Sinia if they did not know what Sin was or the LAW that defines what sin is when broken (1 JOHN 3:4).

Before the written Word of God there was the spoken Word of God passed down to God's people. Happy to go through more of the scriptures if your interested. Just let me know.

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4. Your better off praying for yourself if your promoting breaking any one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is if we knowingly break them *ROMANS 3:20; JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 7:7; ACTS 17:30-31; JAMES 4:17.

Something to pray about.
Why do you put an asterisk in front of the quotation?

Upvote 0

He Calls Me Friend

Dec 30, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Look, i don't really care ok, Sabbath day or not, who works on a bulldozer on Sunday anyway?! And Sabbath or not we are not in the medieval times anymore, I'm sure Sunday is known as the 7th day to most people in this world. And if Jesus died on the cross on a Friday and was to rise in three days then yes I really believe Jesus risen on an early Monday morning..it was known it took a long time for him to die
Actually, it didn't take "a long time for him to die".
John 19:31-34 - "Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jewish leaders did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water." He died before the two criminals died who were crucified at the same time.
that day so it must have been kinda late on that day when he did die, and 3 days would have been on Monday especially supposedly counting the time..so if he did die on Friday and if it was late, it's very possible he did rose sometime on monday. I mean would it be so wrong if he did actually risen on a Monday?

It's "wrong" because it's not Biblically correct! Scripture says he rose on the day AFTER the Sabbath, and "the Sabbath" of the Bible is the 7th day of the week, the day we call Saturday.
And yes Jesus did say he was Lord on the Sabbath which makes me think, if by him saying even he is Lord on the Sabbath, i ask myself again could it be he really will return on a sabbath day since he would be LORD on that day? Who knows?
Jesus said he is Lord "of" the Sabbath, not Lord "on" the Sabbath - he's actually our Lord "on" every day of the week, not just "on" Sabbath. And the author of Hebrews connects the "7th day of the week" that God rested on at creation with the Sabbath:
Hebrews 4:4-11 - "For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: 'On the seventh day God rested from all his works.' And again in the passage above he says, 'They shall never enter my rest.' Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, God again set a certain day, calling it 'Today.' This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.' For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience."
It's interesting to note that the "rest" the author of Hebrews says still "remains for the people of God" is translated from the Greek word "sabbatismo" which means "a keeping Sabbath" (Strongs)
He may very well but the truth is Jesus said no one knows the day or hour, so it's just assumptions and educated guesses we make which by the way we should probably not do anyway. And if you search through my previous responses you will see that I explained the Sabbath is for a day of resting etc. But I also said if any work is done on the sabbath (Sunday (?)?). It should at least be one that is good and that rightly honors, magnifies and show reverence to the Lord and his teachings itself only....
I know you did "explain" that the Sabbath was for "resting, etc." And I agree. But when you say that, you are referring to Sunday, the first day of the week, not the Biblical Sabbath that Scripture says we should rest on. Sure, it's your privilege to refer to Monday as the first day of the week. It's may well be the first day of the work week for some people, but just so long as we are clear that Monday was never called the first day of the week in Scripture, nor was Sunday ever referred to as the Sabbath in Scripture. Since the Bible is the only place that defines the Sabbath, it would only make sense that the Bible should have the last word on identifying which day of the week it falls on.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I know nobody knows the day or hour the Lord will come back but I know it will be very soon. Anyway, do you think this is possible, that the Lord will come back on a Sunday since Sunday is known as the Lord's day?..I mean the Bible in Genesis talks about how the Lord made the earth in 7 days but rested on the 7th day which is Sunday I believe. It seems the Lord works on weekdays like a typical human being. But take his day off on Sunday. I also remember a Bible verse from our Lord. He said something about making sure our flight isn't in the winter and on a weekend I think wouldn't it make sense since the Lord would be working all that week and wouldn't it make sense for him to choose sunday that following week since he would have that whole day off? lol call me weird but is it possible the Lord will be coming back on a Sunday on some winter's day? It also says people will be giving into marriages and partying etc...dont people usually do those things on a weekend too? Ha.
I get the sense He'll come when no one actually expects Him anymore, probably after a apocalyptic event of man made proportions. In that scenario, there would be a small enough population so that there would be gaps where people would be sleeping, and no one expecting on the opposite side of the world.

Upvote 0