United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 34:
Therefore thus says the Lord God to them: Behold, I Myself will judge between
the fat and the lean sheep.
21 Because you have pushed with side and shoulder, butted all the weak ones with
your horns, and scattered them abroad,
22 therefore I will save My flock, and they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge
between sheep and sheep.

This prophecy begins with the Lord condemning the Shepherds(Pastors) who failed
in tending to His flock.

10 Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My
flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds
shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they
may no longer be food for them.
The Lord Will Remedy The Situation For His Name's Sake
15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down,says the Lord God.
16 I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up
the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and
the strong, and feed them in judgment.

He continues to focus His attention on the strong among the flock,
for neglecting the weak.

17 And as for you, O My flock, thus says the Lord God: Behold, I shall judge
between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats.
Is it too little for you to have eaten up the good pasture, that you must tread
down with your feet the residue of your pasture—and to have drunk of the clear
waters, that you must foul the residue with your feet?
19 And as for My flock, they eat what you have trampled with your feet, and
they drink what you have fouled with your feet.

This prophecy is a clear point of reference to fully comprehend the Lord’s
Good Shepherd discourse in John 10. Even more so the Matthew 25 discourse
of judging between sheep and goats. Can there be any doubt about what Peter
is referring to in His teaching?

1 Peter 4:
For the time for judgment will begin at the house of God; and if with us first,
what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly
and the sinner appear?

Therefore, the righteous judgment of Christ begins with those
who were made righteous.
Will they be found to have practiced righteousness?

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ezekiel 34:
And the word of the Lord came to me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy and say to them,
Thus says the Lord God to the shepherds: Woe to the shepherds of Israel who feed
themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
3 You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool; you slaughter the fatlings, but
you do not feed the flock.
4 The weak you have not strengthened, nor have you healed those who were sick,
nor bound up the broken, nor brought back what was driven away, nor sought what
was lost; but with force and cruelty you have ruled them.
5 So they were scattered because there was no shepherd; and they became food for all
the beasts of the field when they were scattered.
6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and on every high hill; yes, My flock
was scattered over the whole face of the earth, and no one was seeking or searching for them.
7 Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord:
8 As I live, says the Lord God, surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock
became food for every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, nor did My
shepherds search for My flock, but the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock.
9 therefore, O shepherds, hear the word of the Lord!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 34:
Therefore thus says the Lord God to them: Behold, I Myself will judge between
the fat and the lean sheep.
21 Because you have pushed with side and shoulder, butted all the weak ones with
your horns, and scattered them abroad,
22 therefore I will save My flock, and they shall no longer be a prey; and I will judge
between sheep and sheep.

This prophecy begins with the Lord condemning the Shepherds(Pastors) who failed
in tending to His flock.

10 Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My
flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds
shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they
may no longer be food for them.
The Lord Will Remedy The Situation For His Name's Sake
15 I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down,says the Lord God.
16 I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up
the broken and strengthen what was sick; but I will destroy the fat and
the strong, and feed them in judgment.

He continues to focus His attention on the strong among the flock,
for neglecting the weak.

17 And as for you, O My flock, thus says the Lord God: Behold, I shall judge
between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats.
Is it too little for you to have eaten up the good pasture, that you must tread
down with your feet the residue of your pasture—and to have drunk of the clear
waters, that you must foul the residue with your feet?
19 And as for My flock, they eat what you have trampled with your feet, and
they drink what you have fouled with your feet.

This prophecy is a clear point of reference to fully comprehend the Lord’s
Good Shepherd discourse in John 10. Even more so the Matthew 25 discourse
of judging between sheep and goats. Can there be any doubt about what Peter
is referring to in His teaching?

1 Peter 4:
For the time for judgment will begin at the house of God; and if with us first,
what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now If the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly
and the sinner appear?

Therefore, the righteous judgment of Christ begins with those
who were made righteous.
Will they be found to have practiced righteousness?

The fact you bring up the sheep and goats judgment, who do you see the goats pertaining to in Matthew 25? The same ones I do? I tend to see them pertaining to professed servants of Christ in the body of Christ who didn't live up to what was expected of them. They didn't do the will of the Father, IOW. I'm basing a lot of that on what preceded this judgment in Matthew 25, that being Matthew 24:40 through Matthew 25 up unto this judgment. Plus I'm also factoring in Matthew 7 as well, plus some other passages in other chapters and other books. Yet, pretty much no one on this board when I mention that the goats are meaning them, even remotely agree with me.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The fact you bring up the sheep and goats judgment, who do you see the goats pertaining to in Matthew 25? The same ones I do? I tend to see them pertaining to professed servants of Christ in the body of Christ who didn't live up to what was expected of them. They didn't do the will of the Father, IOW. I'm basing a lot of that on what preceded this judgment in Matthew 25, that being Matthew 24:40 through Matthew 25 up unto this judgment. Plus I'm also factoring in Matthew 7 as well, plus some other passages in other chapters and other books. Yet, pretty much no one on this board when I mention that the goats are meaning them, even remotely agree with me.
Uh, huh, no one want to be the goat, but they will not only be from among the flock, but looking at
Ezekiel 34, they are most likely prominent members who failed to give heed to the admonition that
there be no "respect of persons".

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh, huh, no one want to be the goat, but they will not only be from among the flock, but looking at
Ezekiel 34, they are most likely prominent members who failed to give heed to the admonition that
there be no "respect of persons".

What about the following in Ezekiel 20? I can see some parallels there with that of the sheep and goats judgment myself. In the sheep and goats judgment there is definitely a purging taking place, and that the ones that have transgressed against the Lord, instead of inheriting the promised kingdom, they are instead cast out of it permanently.

Ezekiel 20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you..a sheep and goats. Who are they? Well are the all those that died? All the ones with the Father now? Well from what I read after the great tribulation Christ comes sets foot on the earth gathers the nations. Those are the ones that just came out of the great tribulation. So He splits them says to one group "I never knew you".

Since I am only guessing here that He does not mean it like we do. We know someone then some time later say "wow I never knew you". Since He can not lie He says "I never knew you". He can never say that to me. Well I have shared Him with others. I can stop right there for heaven rejoiced when I was found.. Christ told the Father about me and He is in me I am in Him we are one.

So when He says to some I NEVER knew you.. they were never saved and I do not believe its the Church. We have already been judged. All thats coming for us is rewards.. received or burned up. I am thinking the mysteries of the Church was not talked about in the OT "which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel."?

The same thing happens with Matt 24. Matt-John there was no Church no Christians. Christ had not even died yet .. yet some talk as if Jesus was in fact talking to and about the Church.. praise GOD I disagree :)

See just what am I to be judged on? No sin will be held to my account.. Christ can only die once. Yes I can still sin but.. Christ again already died for every sin. The Father we know sees us righteous aka righteousness which comes by us believing in Jesus. Its what JESUS did not us. If there are still things to be held against me I can not sit in heavenly places nor could I BOLDLY come before Him! He sees us through what CHRSIT did.. Amen amen and amen!

Upvote 0