United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Do Unto Others As Just Retribution
Deuteronomy 19:
If a false witness rises against any man to testify against him of wrongdoing,
17 then both men in the controversy shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges who serve in those days.
18 And the judges shall make careful inquiry, and indeed, if the witness is a false witness, who has testified falsely against his brother,
19 then you shall do to him as he thought to have done to his brother;
so you shall put away the evil from among you.

Therefore, it is completely lawful to pray as David prayed in Truth:
Psalm 28:
Do not take me away with the wicked
And with the workers of iniquity,
Who speak peace to their neighbors,
But evil is in their hearts.
4 Give them according to their deeds,
And according to the wickedness of their endeavors;
Give them according to the work of their hands;
Render to them what they deserve.

5 Because they do not regard the works of the Lord,
Nor the operation of His hands,
He shall destroy them
And not build them up.

Do not avenge yourself, seeking retribution, but pray in trust
to the Lord who settles all accounts.

Romans 12:19. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath;
for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:6. that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟830,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"In the same way you judge others, so too you will be judged." Jesus

It is true that vengeance is the Lord's. We see that vengeance as he prayed forgiveness for those who crucified him. Be careful in desiring that others should recieve the full judgment and wrath commensurate with their deeds, lest God's vengeance turns out to mercy while yours requires wrath.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"In the same way you judge others, so too you will be judged." Jesus

It is true that vengeance is the Lord's. We see that vengeance as he prayed forgiveness for those who crucified him. Be careful in desiring that others should recieve the full judgment and wrath commensurate with their deeds, lest God's vengeance turns out to mercy while yours requires wrath.

Leaving the matter to the Lord is the only way to insure a "just recompense of reward".
Hebrews 2:
Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard.

Hebrews 10:35. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompence of reward.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If an evil person repents and becomes a loving and caring person who serves Jesus, and now is helping to fight and destroy evil, this I consider is the perfect revenge against evil and Satan.
Look no further than Saul the murderer of the early church who became Paul the Apostle.

Gods Revenge on satan ! :)

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How Long, O Lord, Holy And True, Until You Judge And Avenge Our Blood On Those Who Dwell On The Earth?”

• Revelation 6:9-10

Last edited:
Upvote 0