England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess it is time to write my own testimony. So here goes...

I was raised by my two catholic parents, considering that my country is 80% catholic that is where I am most likely to end up with.
I studied preschool at a baptist church Yes, baptist churches can do preschool education in my country apparently. Not sure if they still have it now but I am grateful that the Lord made it so.
So I continued going there for a bit during primary school. I was still catholic so my family would go sometimes to church but my parents arent really religious, they just identify themselves with catholicism because of heritage and culture.
After primary school, my interest with church dwindled up to the point where I never really had an interest with anything religious during the first two years of college.

Then my mother died. The very life I held on to completely fell apart. It was so devastating and somehow in some way, I found myself reading the Bible.
A year later, I found myself watching a video about hell, you know, the one that circulated for a little while. I remembered crying so hard.
I contacted my friend who is a christian and went to church in front of another local college.
I continued going there and eventually was compelled to be baptised.
Being a catholic did not bring me closer to my Creator and upon reading more of the scripture, I discovered lots of the teachings of the mentioned sect are false and are not biblical at all.
God has taught me a lot over the years. Without the Lord Jesus, I am doomed by my own sinful nature. It was a miracle and He taught me that even though I have gone astray before, He still loves me and He showed me that exactly in ways that only He could reveal to me.
The Lord is everything I could ever hope for.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I was raised by my two catholic parents, considering that my country is 80% catholic that is where I am most likely to end up with.
I studied preschool at a baptist church Yes, baptist churches can do preschool education in my country apparently. Not sure if they still have it now but I am grateful that the Lord made it so.
So I continued going there for a bit during primary school. I was still catholic so my family would go sometimes to church but my parents arent really religious, they just identify themselves with catholicism because of heritage and culture.
After primary school, my interest with church dwindled up to the point where I never really had an interest with anything religious during the first two years of college.

Then my mother died. The very life I held on to completely fell apart. It was so devastating and somehow in some way, I found myself reading the Bible.
A year later, I found myself watching a video about hell, you know, the one that circulated for a little while. I remembered crying so hard.
I contacted my friend who is a christian and went to church in front of another local college.
Being a catholic did not bring me closer to my Creator and upon reading more of the scripture, I discovered lots of the teachings of the mentioned sect are false and are not biblical at all.
God has taught me a lot over the years. Without the Lord Jesus, I am doomed by my own sinful nature. It was a miracle and He taught me that even though I have gone astray before, He still loves me and He showed me that exactly in ways that only He could reveal to me.
Great to base one's faith on the Scriptures! :)

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Praise the Lord for His Great Mercy and Forgiveness in Jesus Christ! :amen:

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Hold fast" the Word of God, for that is God's instruction book for mankind! It is really God speaking to mankind, and it shows God's love for His creation and His people; even to the sending forth His own "...beloved Son" in due time to redeem lost man to Himself. That is truly the Father's love! The Lord Jesus can and should become our best Friend, as well as Savior and Lord of our life.

Upvote 0