• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Lord has repeatedly HEALED me of desperate pain

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here’s how i get deliverance from awful nagging pain.

When i feel ongoing pain and have prayed and prayed, and the pain just remains, i sit down and confront it with the name of Jesus. Its so hurtful to think God just sits back and watches us suffer and wont provide an answer. But, if you look in his word, he HAS given us answers.

Think about it, look how he healed all who came to him. And even the chastisement that was meant to bring us peace was laid on Christ at the cross. His word says when you pray, believe you receive it, and you shall have it. He said i am the Lord who heals you. He sent His Word and healed them.

2 SUPER important verses I get deliverance from……..

1) Philippians says…..*** At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, of THINGS in heaven, on the earth and under the earth and every tongue confess that He is LORD. ***

Lord means MASTER, he is master of ALL and at his very name, it says “things” must bow, so i figured pain is a thing, it must bow too.

2) 2 Timothy 1.7 ****God HAS GIVEN us a Spirit of POWER.****. This tells me He already gave me the power i have been pleading for in prayer. Not something he is going to give you, rather he says he already gave it to me.

When I get no answer, i revert to these 2 scriptures and i actually sit down and confront the pain with the Word of God, the Sword of the Spirit. Interestingly, when i have prayed in the past, the pain actually gets worse as i am praying, as if to challenge me or to get me to give up to make me think its not working. But i know now to press in and not be moved by the awful symptoms. The pain tries to flex its muscle even more, but i confront it and press in with the Word of God even more. It feels like a real showdown. But i get the victory!

EXAMPLE…..

I had awful anxiety for 2 days, then thought hmm, this isnt just me. I was so tired of it, i am going to confront this, so i sat down and said “in the name of Jesus, anxiety get OFF me.” But the anxiety feeling just stayed. So i thought, No, No, No, you dont get to just sit there and plague me. According to Gods Word, he says you must go. And it sat there as if to continue challenging me, or to defy, to make me believe it wasnt leaving. But i didnt give in and stop. So i pressed in saying, God says that at the Name of Jesus, EVERY knee must bow, of things in heaven, on earth and under the earth and EVERY tongue confess He is LORD. Yet the pain remained. But i still didn't give in. I got out the BIG GUN against it then, saying, GOD HAS GIVEN ME A SPIRIT OF POWER. I have power over this pain right now, and the presence of the Spirit of God overwhelms this awful pain. His mere presence makes you flee.

THEN….i began to have CHEST PAIN, to frighten me, felt like i was having a heart attack. So i knew then, whatever this is, was now desperate to overpower me. At that point, i pressed in even MORE quoting the Word of God saying, i dont believe your symptoms, I BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD over you. I BELIEVE GOD, I BELIEVE GOD and not your symptoms.

And within 30 seconds…..the chest pain left and the painful anxiety was POOF, GONE.

I was so tired of letting it bulldoze me. I thought no more, i am resisting it and will confront it with the Word. And it left.
Thats what i do when i feel no answer and pain just continues to plague and bulldoze me.
I come at it with the Word of God, like a real showdown. A real indicator of defiance is it just sitting there as if to say the pain isnt leaving, as if to get me to back down and give up.

Another time i had continuous loud ringing in my ears that kept on after praying, so i said get OFF me in the name of Jesus, yet it continued ringing loud. I said it again and it didnt budge, but i took note of it doing its song and dance to convince me it wasnt leaving, so i rolled over in bed, and said in my heart, OH WELL, I BELIEVE GOD ANYWAY. And when i said that, it immediately stopped!

Its like, do whatever you want, but i believe God over any symptom you can throw at me or continue to throw, I BELIEVE GOD and not you!

I did it with restless leg syndrome trying to come on me. I thought what the heck is this?
I was healed of that also.

I did it with a severe itching rash after praying and feeling so helpless, and i was healed.

I used to think why am i not receiving any answers? I thought prayer nor the Word is working. How wrong i was!

Even if it tries to continue after i am done, i say i STILL believe God word over you. I stand my ground with the Word. Nothing it can do to stop me from believing God over it. What is it that overcomes the world, but our faith.

Last edited: