The Locusts in and of Itself, Neither Good nor Bad!

Ahila Wilson

Feb 20, 2019
Palmdale
✟18,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Canvas Glory Co..jpg

“So, I will restore to you the years that the swarming [k]locust has eaten,

The crawling locust,

The consuming locust,

And the chewing locust,

My great army which I sent among you.” (Joel 2:25)

I have heard this verse quoted many times in personal testimonies, rightfully most of the times. The immense beauty of our Lord’s unfailing love is candidly expressed here. Yet, I for once read the last sentence of this verse with some serious thoughts this morning.

I asked, “what Lord, the locusts you sent? The swarming, crawling, consuming, and chewing locust, the locusts with burning effects on every green pastures of my life?”

I cheer with you my believer friends, when you are restored with all the years that your personal locusts had eaten, but I would also lovingly remind you that at times these locusts are the great armies of the Lord, sent among us. So, the locusts in and of itself neither good nor bad, it is just it, as our life changing situations as well.

At times God restores our years here and now after troublesome seasons, like in Joel’s case, but I am not oblivious to the locusts that some of us experience, the locusts here to stay all through this life. But let me encourage you in this truth, regardless of the type, and effects of your own locust, our Savior declares in the next verse that “My people shall never be put to shame. Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel”

My friends, the locust is neither good nor bad, its effects could be. May the shame we endure be our choice of dwelling in other's opinion, or the choice of someone else taking advantage of our vulnerability, Our Lord says, you (His people) shall never be put to shame, then that triumphs all other opinions. If this locust that stays with you or fled after a life changing effect, makes you know (deeply and personally) that He is the Lord, then let them eat you little bit more, the day of your restoration will be much more glorious.

Last edited: