Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, everybody, my name is Lambrini. Do you know about the concept of the "Little Church?" Let's say a man and woman are married and have a child or children. Hopefully, they will take their children to church. I mean a church building, in their community. But one denomination I know of speaks of the "Little Church" = THE FAMILY HOME. In the "Little Church," their house is the "church building," the family members are the "church members," and the father is the "priest." The point of the concept of the "Little Church" is that while it may be all right to leave the education of one's children to the school they go to, it is not all right to leave the religious upbringing of one's children to the (community) church. There must be a religious life in the family home as well. What do you think of the concept of the "Little Church?"

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟839,659.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think it's good to teach your children about Jesus and read the Bible to them or Bible story books. I think it's good to teach children how to live for Jesus. We learned this at home, but the church is important too.
Sunday School and other programs for children are good too. It is good to get together with other Christians.

Upvote 0

Edyos

Pray Continually
Sep 16, 2018
Haifa
✟10,512.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think every day we should have little church in our homes, it is a very Good idea.
But I do not think it should replace the church.

We need the relationship between the brothers and sisters that are in the church, and they need us. It is very important to have a relationship with other believers.

We need a community to thrive, especially the kids. Seeing more believers kids in Sunday school will help them develop very much. Also, we can serve in such a better way in a church than from home.

If in fact, we are doing this little church with other families, then it is fine, because we are forming a small community. Or in case of war and we cannot go to church then little church is perfect.

The best course would be to do little church with the kids and also go on Sunday's to church.

Upvote 0