Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so one of my speculations (having studied the bible intensively) is that the little book in revelation that tastes as sweet as honey in the mouth but bitter to the stomach is a reference to the little scroll from the beginning of Ezekiel.

Not only have I found this connection, but I have made the assumption that in it contains Lamentations mourning and woe based off scripture.

Considering the book of Lamentations is a rather small book that the Spirit wrote through Jeremiah and his friend, I presume this is the same book as the little scroll and the little book.

I have even further concluded that in revelations it says we must repreach to the world. I consider it being much like how Isaiah describes his woe when he says something along the lines of alas from the corners of the world you hear "glory to the righteous one!" Yet I say woe is me.

The gospel is a lot rawer than most churches proclaim as they preach prosperity. Yet while God is good, and glory has come upon the righteous one, surely this is just milk and people are being deprived of the truth which is much harder to bear as we face trials and tribulations.

I heard a Latter-day Saint once try to tell me the angel with the rainbow on its head is Elijah. I don't really agree with this statement, though I could be wrong..
I'd love to hear your understanding of such a coincidence?

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The little open book -as in ready to happen then-not sealed-was eaten by John
so he could prophesy again - more -tell more. It is the reason we have chapters
16-22. Seal not the sayings of this book - in regards to the messages in the little
open book.
The mystery of God section of Revelation ends with the 7th trumpet part - so
John ate the prophecy that happens as to the plagues of the full vials and the
the New Jerusalem - bitter and sweet type of events.

the plagues -of this book
written in this book
the holy city - in this book
So, you're saying that *if* the little scroll had been read, Revelation would have been over almost immediately?

The "change of plans" effected an "extension of earth history", adding the victory over the "Beast", "Millennium" and "little time [of] Gog & Magog" all before FJ ??

The Little Scroll (Revelation 10) – Revelation Made Clear

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dreams are not parables and neither are visions. Visions are in sequence accounts of
what is seen and usually take place from one step to the next in the future.

John wrote
I saw..... I saw....and ....I saw.....I saw....

This would be one vision.

When he writes - after
after this
after these things
It shows that a new vision is starting to be shown to him.

So, Revelation 4:1, 7:1, 18:1, 19:1 are examples of
where a vision ends and later a new one begins.

This means that Revelation 19:1 is not part of the Rev.
18:1 vision.

Revelation 7:1 is not part of the vision that just
ended in chapter 6.
different chapters of the same book ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
so one of my speculations (having studied the bible intensively) is that the little book in revelation that tastes as sweet as honey in the mouth but bitter to the stomach is a reference to the little scroll from the beginning of Ezekiel.
Not only have I found this connection, but I have made the assumption that in it contains Lamentations mourning and woe based off scripture.
Considering the book of Lamentations is a rather small book that the Spirit wrote through Jeremiah and his friend, I presume this is the same book as the little scroll and the little book.
Hello and welcome to CF.
Looking for OT parallels to Revelation is imperative to understanding it.
Some good studies I have found on it:

THE SYMBOLISM IN BOOK OF REVELATION

One man studied and found 348 allusions (not illusions, Light) in Revelation from the Old Testament. You see the similarity in wording and the context mirrored in Revelation and the particular Old Testament story, and immediately can recognize the reference source!
That's IF you know the bible well enough to even notice that.

95 of the 348 plain references used in Revelation as taken from the Old Testament are repeated in Revelation.
That makes about 250 Old Testament passages are cited. How many chapters are in Revelation? 22. That makes about TEN OLD TESTAMENT REFERENCES FOR EVERY CHAPTER!
=============================
Ezekiel 3:
1“Son of adam,” He said to me, “eat what you find here.
Eat this scroll, then go and speak to the house of Israel.” 2So I opened my mouth, and He fed me the scroll.
3“Son of adam,” He said to me, “eat and fill your stomach with this scroll I am giving you.” So I ate, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth.

4Then He said to me, “Son of adam, go now to the house of Israel and speak My words to them. 5For you are not being sent to a people of unfamiliar speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel— 6not to the many peoples of unfamiliar speech and difficult language whose words you cannot understand. Surely if I had sent you to them, they would have listened to you.
======================
Revelation 10:
8And the voice which I heard from heaven, I heard it again speaking with me, and saying, Go, take the book which is open in the hand of the angel that standeth upon the sea and upon the earth. 9And I went unto the angel, saying unto him that he should give me the little book.
And he saith unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but in thy mouth it shall be sweet as honey. 10And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and when I had eaten it, my belly was made bitter. 11And they say unto me, Thou must prophesy again over many peoples and nations and tongues and kings.
==========================================
I put some of those OT/Revelation parallels up at this link:

Allusions in Revelation from Old Testament

Here are some of the ones I have come up with. Please feel free to add or comment on them.

Books in Daniel Daniel 7:9 and 11:10.
Cried and joy Temple/City: Ezra 3:12,13 and Reve 18:18, 19:4
Ear to hear: Isaiah 6:9,10 and Matt 13:15, Reve 2,3,13
Holy Holy Holy Isaiah 6:6 and Revelation 4:8
Jericho, Priest and Trumpets: Joshua 6:4, Hebrews 11:30, Matt 24:31, Reve 8:6
Lift hands to heaven and swore..: Daniel 2:7 and Reve 10:5
Light Revelation to Israel and Nations: Isaiah 9:2, Luke 2:32, Reve 1:1
Moses and Elijah, fire falling, as is also seen in Revelation.
Moses and Elijah
Mountain of fire cast into Sea
Pierced: Zech 12:10 and Reve 1:7
Sacrifice/Supper of God: Ezek 39:17 and Reve 19:17
Sanctuary/Tabernacle filled with smoke
Silence/Hush: Zech 1:7, 2:13 and Reve 8:1
Sodom and Egypt: Matt 2:15, Reve 11:8
Song of Moses: Exodus 15:1 and Revelation 15:3
Spirit lifting, taking Ezekiel and John
Stars 7
Tree of Life and Garden: Genesis 3:24 and Reve 2:7
Whip.........Nahum 3:2, John 2:15,

THE SYMBOLISM IN BOOK OF REVELATION

The key to interpreting the Revelation is, for the most part, the Old Testament. Period.

And you apply these symbols used in Revelation that were taken from the Old Testament to the life of Jesus and the early church. You find the stories of the Old Testament, from which Revelation takes references, actually PARALLEL Jesus and the early church!

I guarantee, that if you were to start recognizing this, you would wonder in absolute glory at the wisdom of God in ending the Bible with this book! (And I might add you would chuckle at the literal interpretation). You would!

EZEKIEL AND REVELATION PARALLEL

1. THRONE VISION - (Rev 4./Ezek 1).
2. THE BOOK (Rev 5/Ezek 2-3)
3. THE PLAGUES (Rev 6:1-8/Ezek 5).
4. Slain Beneath the Altar (Rev. 6:9-11/Ezek. 6)
5. WRATH OF GOD (Rev 6:12-17/Ezek 7).
6. SEAL ON SAINTS' FOREHEADS (Rev 7/Ezek 9)
7. COALS FROM ALTAR (Rev. 8/Ezek 10).
8. NO MORE DELAY (Rev. 10:1-7/Ezek 12).
9. EATING THE BOOK (Rev 10:8-11/Ezek. 2)
11. MEASURING THE TEMPLE (Rev. 11:1-2/Ezek. 40-43)
11. JERUSALEM AND SODOM (Rev. 11:8/Ezek 16)
12. CUP OF WRATH (Rev. 14/Ezek. 23).
13. VINE OF THE LAND (Rev. 14:18-20/Ezek 15)
14. GREAT HARLOT (Rev 17-18/Ezek. 16, 23).
15. LAMENT OVER THE CITY (Rev. 18/Ezek 27)
16. SCAVENGER'S FEAST (Rev. 19/Ezek 39)
17. FIRST RESURRECTION (Rev 20:4-6/Ezek 37).
18 BATTLE WITH GOG AND MAGOG (Rev. 20:7-9/Ezek 38-39)
19. NEW JERUSALEM (Rev 21/Ezek 40-48)
20. RIVER OF LIFE (Rev 22/Ezek 47)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: OffGrid
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I have even further concluded that in revelations it says we must repreach to the world. I consider it being much like how Isaiah describes his woe when he says something along the lines of alas from the corners of the world you hear "glory to the righteous one!" Yet I say woe is me.

The gospel is a lot rawer than most churches proclaim as they preach prosperity. Yet while God is good, and glory has come upon the righteous one, surely this is just milk and people are being deprived of the truth which is much harder to bear as we face trials and tribulations.

I heard a Latter-day Saint once try to tell me the angel with the rainbow on its head is Elijah. I don't really agree with this statement, though I could be wrong..
I'd love to hear your understanding of such a coincidence?

The little book is the book of Daniel .... study the book of Daniel with the book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The little book is the book of Daniel .... study the book of Daniel with the book of Revelation.
Daniel and Revelation go together like frosting on a cake........

Dan 12:4
“But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book/scroll until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
[Revelation 22:10]

"THE TIME IS NIGH AT HAND" AND "COMING IN SWIFTNESS" REVELATION 1st century Jerusalem 70ad

Revelation 22:6
And said to me: "These the Words Faithful and True. And Lord, the GOD of the spirits of the holy Prophets commissions the messenger of Him to show to the bond-servants of Him
which-things is binding to be becoming In/en <1722> Swiftness/tacei <5034>.
Revelation 22:10
And He is saying to me "no thou should be sealing the Words of the Prophecy of this Book/Scroll.
That the Time/Season is nigh<1451>

[Daniel 12:4]
=================================
James 5:8 be ye patient!, also stand-fast the hearts of ye, that the Parousia <3952> of the Lord has-neared<1448

1 Peter 4:7 Of all-things yet the End<5056> is nigh<1448>
be sane then, and be sober into the prayers,
======================

Daniel Chapter 12: A Preterist Commentary - Revelation Revolution

Daniel Chapter 12: A Preterist Commentary: Summary and Highlights

In the following preterist commentary on Daniel chapter 12, Daniel 12 is shown to have literally occurred in the first century. The 1,290 days prophecy of Daniel 12:11 correctly predicts that there would be 1,290 days between the termination of the regular sacrifice to Caesar in A.D. 66 to the arrival of the abomination that causes desolation (the Roman army and their abominable idols of Zeus, Caesar and Rome) at Jerusalem in Shabbat of A.D. 70. There were also 1335 days between the cessation of the regular sacrifice to Caesar and the beginning of the siege of Jerusalem. There were also EXACTLY 1335 days from the 9th of Av in A.D. 70 when the Roman army worshipped the imago of the beast in the holy Temple to the first day of peace after the end of the Jewish War at the fall of Masada on Passover of A.D. 74. The reference to the time, times and half a time, or three and a half years, in Daniel 12:7 is the interval between the arrival of the Roman Army in Israel at the Feast of Tabernacles in A.D. 66 to the siege of Jerusalem on Passover of A.D. 70. The rise of Michael in Daniel 12:1 is described in Revelation 12:7-9. Here Michael and his angels fight against the Devil and his army. Was this war in heaven seen in the sky at the start of the Jewish revolt? Describing this war in heaven, Tacitus writes, “In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour.”1
==================================
Daniel 12:1 "And in that time/season Michael shall stand-up, the great chief prince, the one standing over sons of thy people. And becomes a time of distress<06869>, which not occurred since to become of a nation until that time. And in that time, thy people escape<4422>, everyone being found written in the scroll. [Luke 21:23-36]

Luke 21:
23 “But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.
36 “Yet be being vigilant/watching in every season, beseeching that ye should be being strong to be escaping<1628> all these, the being about to be becoming, and to stand before the Son of the Man.
===============

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OffGrid

Oct 12, 2019
Tomball
✟19,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah Daniel, and even Ezekiel are linked to revelation. However I'm still convinced 'the book of Lamentations' is a 'tiny/small book/scroll' full of 'mourning and woe' aka .lamentations'. . . As what has happened before, will happen again. Yet the future Lamentations will be greater than it ever has been before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums