Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You are no judge on earth, nolidad, so you have no idea of my love and feeling for my God and His Word. I call Jesus "Lord" and he calls me by my first name. You wander dangerously near error in trying to judge others. That is not your role.

You are wrongly stating that I "blanketly reject Genesis 1 and 2." I am only pointing out that Young Earth interpretation wrongly interprets the scripture. You have no empirical evidence at all that scientific dating is wrong. The fact is that agricultural villages and hunter-gather societies existed before the date of Adam. At least you being to understand that you may not know the relationship of the NT and the OT because of that error.

Please do not do as the Pharisees did and put a fence around the Word, with only them as the guardians of the gate. That is the pathway unto heresy.

The heresy of Biblical Literalism hinders man from understanding and accepting God's Word.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are no judge on earth, nolidad, so you have no idea of my love and feeling for my God and His Word. I call Jesus "Lord" and he calls me by my first name. You wander dangerously near error in trying to judge others. That is not your role.

You are wrongly stating that I "blanketly reject Genesis 1 and 2." I am only pointing out that Young Earth interpretation wrongly interprets the scripture. You have no empirical evidence at all that scientific dating is wrong. The fact is that agricultural villages and hunter-gather societies existed before the date of Adam. At least you being to understand that you may not know the relationship of the NT and the OT because of that error.

Please do not do as the Pharisees did and put a fence around the Word, with only them as the guardians of the gate. That is the pathway unto heresy.

The heresy of Biblical Literalism hinders man from understanding and accepting God's Word.

So what is your expertise in determining evolution and old earth hypotheses??

Or do you just accept some science? Do you think Jesus a liar? do you consider Paul a liar?

So young earth interpretation is a wrong hermeneutic? So that means the genealogyof Jesus is a lie. That means that sin entered mankind before Adam for you say there are societies long before Adam. So the whole point of redeeming us from what Adam passed on to the human race is a lie! According to you!

See the bible if you accept it as written (knowing that language uses many forms) can only lead to a young earth! And that the universe was created in 6 days we measure as 24 hours each! Anything else is an allegorical re-interpretation of the word as written.

And BTW there are reams of tested, repeated and observed research that proves all radio forms of datinf is wrong, ice core dating is wrong and dendochronology can be inaccurate by as much as 100%

Let me ask you as you are critical of my "interpretation". Do you:

Accept the flood as written?
Accept the Tower of Babel as written?
Accept the Exodus and miracles as written?
Jonah as written?
The miracles of Jesus as written?
If you do why? they are unscientific.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a witness of Jesus Christ personally as your Lord and Savior, nolidad?

If so, then why are you building a fence around the Bible and the Lord like the Pharisees, when you said all that was not a salvation issue?

What is your real goal here?

Your belief is not doctrinal, nolidad, not at all.

So what is your expertise in determining evolution and old earth hypotheses??

Or do you just accept some science? Do you think Jesus a liar? do you consider Paul a liar?

So young earth interpretation is a wrong hermeneutic? So that means the genealogyof Jesus is a lie. That means that sin entered mankind before Adam for you say there are societies long before Adam. So the whole point of redeeming us from what Adam passed on to the human race is a lie! According to you!

See the bible if you accept it as written (knowing that language uses many forms) can only lead to a young earth! And that the universe was created in 6 days we measure as 24 hours each! Anything else is an allegorical re-interpretation of the word as written.

And BTW there are reams of tested, repeated and observed research that proves all radio forms of datinf is wrong, ice core dating is wrong and dendochronology can be inaccurate by as much as 100%

Let me ask you as you are critical of my "interpretation". Do you:

Accept the flood as written?
Accept the Tower of Babel as written?
Accept the Exodus and miracles as written?
Jonah as written?
The miracles of Jesus as written?
If you do why? they are unscientific.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have a witness of Jesus Christ personally as your Lord and Savior, nolidad?

If so, then why are you building a fence around the Bible and the Lord like the Pharisees, when you said all that was not a salvation issue?

What is your real goal here?

Your belief is not doctrinal, nolidad, not at all.

I notice you love to make subtle accusations without proving them and also innuendo. What is your real goal here.

And I will take my doctrinal beliefs far better than yours!

and just how am I buidling a fence around Scripture and the Lord? Because I read it as written? And trust God to speak to His people, through His people and not have unbelievers discover Gods truth for us?

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You, nolida, "make subtle accusations without proving them and also [make] innuendo" against me, then accuse me of what you are doing?

Of course you will take your beliefs, but Biblical Literalism is not doctrinal. Hundreds of millions of Christians reject Biblical Literalism without any problem.

Suggesting I am an unbeliever is against the forum rules. This is another innuendo against me.

Stone tools reveal epic trek of nomadic Neanderthals

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You, nolida, "make subtle accusations without proving them and also [make] innuendo" against me, then accuse me of what you are doing?

Of course you will take your beliefs, but Biblical Literalism is not doctrinal. Hundreds of millions of Christians reject Biblical Literalism without any problem.

Suggesting I am an unbeliever is against the forum rules. This is another innuendo against me.

Stone tools reveal epic trek of nomadic Neanderthals

Well you may think I was suggesting, I was merely asking to find out your beliefs in these matters.

No, my accusations usually are direct and straightforward!

Jesus accepted biblical literalism! the Apostles did! Just because whole swaths of the church have gone to an allegorical interpretation of Scripture doesn't make it right nor true!

Tjhey may not have problems now- but it is when they stand before god that will cause the problems.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I know that is your opinion, and I believe God will tell you, "It's OK, nolidad, don't concern yourself with my decisions. Go about your business. This is not a salvation issue."

Poor John;

Pulling statements of mine out of context and then making straw men out of them is poor form.

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Poor John;

Pulling statements of mine out of context and then making straw men out of them is poor form.
nolidad, I answered in the manner in which you were writing.

We are in disagreement, I will leave you and wish you well.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, but The Truth won't usually affect most of the world population, will it.
Everyone believes what they believe, even if false.

Those who seek truth, and keep seeking it, will find it, and the truth will set them free.

This is God's Own Promise, and Written In His Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but The Truth won't usually affect most of the world population, will it.
Everyone believes what they believe, even if false.

Those who seek truth, and keep seeking it, will find it, and the truth will set them free.

This is God's Own Promise, and Written In His Word.

But our job is to reveal the truth and any evidence that supports the truth of Gods Word! The Spirit will convict or convince the lost or the errant believer. We sow the seed, water it, but god will cause it to grow if it is in good soil!

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OR, He Will Make The Soil Good .... ? Else perhaps no one would ever be ....

True, God is in the business of taking barren soil and transforming it to fruitful ground!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Until the end, there is always hope, for we know not who God is calling!
He's not calling everybody ? Ture that Most fail, even some try hard to enter His Kingdom and fail,
but I thought, or usually think, He IS Calling people, we meet and see.... only sometimes it takes decades to see results? ,,, we can sow the seed, or water the seed, give our testimony of Jesus,
but ONLY Yahweh can give growth, as written....

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's not calling everybody ? Ture that Most fail, even some try hard to enter His Kingdom and fail,
but I thought, or usually think, He IS Calling people, we meet and see.... only sometimes it takes decades to see results? ,,, we can sow the seed, or water the seed, give our testimony of Jesus,
but ONLY Yahweh can give growth, as written....

Well I can only reply with what Scripture says:

Jesus said, you did not choose me, but I chose you.....

Also No one can come to HIm unless the Father draws him and all who come to Him He in no wise will cast out!

Upvote 0