Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So recently, as in tonight about a few minutes ago, I realized something that has been going on for probably my entire life. When I close my eyes I see Light, a bright light that sometimes gets brighter and brighter until I cannot keep my eyes closed at all. I thought it was okay, but then I realized my eyes were physically burning, like they were on fire. It hurts a little, but it's not that painful. I started calling it the Light of my Eyes as a reference to a certain scripture in the Holy Bible. Anyway, what is this all about. The pain is a burning sensation, and the light is cool and all, but I need to know if this is something bad, and/or what it means. My eyes are open and still burning as I speak.

I'm a slow to notice something guy I guess, because I have been feeling it for a looooong time, maybe my entire life, I hope it's nothing bad. Also thanks for at least reading this.

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I don't think it probably is a spiritual gift per se... I'm not sure how it would be used for the benefit of others in the Church or to further the Kingdom.

I would definitely have a doctor look at it. I know on occasion I will see flashing lights when I'm in a dark room. Also, one time when I was extremely sick I went into a dark room and there was purple light flashing constantly in both my eyes.

I would assume that there might be something wrong with your eyes and you should have them looked at. Do you drink enough water? If they are perfectly fine, then at least you have that determined. Better than giving a cool name to something that could end up hurting your vision down the road... :)

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I don't think it probably is a spiritual gift per se... I'm not sure how it would be used for the benefit of others in the Church or to further the Kingdom.

I would definitely have a doctor look at it. I know on occasion I will see flashing lights when I'm in a dark room. Also, one time when I was extremely sick I went into a dark room and there was purple light flashing constantly in both my eyes.

I would assume that there might be something wrong with your eyes and you should have them looked at. Do you drink enough water? If they are perfectly fine, then at least you have that determined. Better than giving a cool name to something that could end up hurting your vision down the road... :)

Yeah, I drink plenty of water, also thanks for the reply. I'll have a doctor check it out. Should I go to an eye doctor or will my usual doctor suffice?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, I drink plenty of water, also thanks for the reply. I'll have a doctor check it out. Should I go to an eye doctor or will my usual doctor suffice?

Also I asked my Mom, and she said she has the Burning Sensation in her eyes too. So I thought that may have been passed down to me when I was born. As for the Light, neither her or I have any clue about it.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah it does sound like something you've inherited from her probably. Has your mom ever gone to an eye doctor about it? It sounds pretty much like just dry eyes.

Normal doctors aren't really trained in specific eye conditions, most of the time. They can do vision tests and stuff, but they wouldn't be able to say something like, for example, a nerve is compressed or the lens of your eye is slightly elongated instead of rounded (the reason contact lenses won't stick to my eyes... annoying! :p). The eye doctor has that specific training. It's usually covered by insurance, so I would go that route if possible.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So recently, as in tonight about a few minutes ago, I realized something that has been going on for probably my entire life. When I close my eyes I see Light, a bright light that sometimes gets brighter and brighter until I cannot keep my eyes closed at all. I thought it was okay, but then I realized my eyes were physically burning, like they were on fire. It hurts a little, but it's not that painful. I started calling it the Light of my Eyes as a reference to a certain scripture in the Holy Bible. Anyway, what is this all about. The pain is a burning sensation, and the light is cool and all, but I need to know if this is something bad, and/or what it means. My eyes are open and still burning as I speak.

I'm a slow to notice something guy I guess, because I have been feeling it for a looooong time, maybe my entire life, I hope it's nothing bad. Also thanks for at least reading this.

Interesting gift, what value in it do you see?

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Interesting gift, what value in it do you see?

Right now no value at all, I'm going to have an eye doctor check it out. After that, if the eye doctor says there's nothing wrong, then I'll test the spirits to see if it is from Satan or God, and go from there.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now no value at all, I'm going to have an eye doctor check it out. After that, if the eye doctor says there's nothing wrong, then I'll test the spirits to see if it is from Satan or God, and go from there.

Unfortunately, it sounds like a tumor or something. But, if spiritual, then I could see how it can be a gift. (I have odd spiritual gifts, as well as normal ones.)

Kind of like X-Men Cyclops, seeing the world, spiritually, versus physically.

That spiritual/flesh ratio/scale is there in that, so it can be powerful symbolism.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Unfortunately, it sounds like a tumor or something. But, if spiritual, then I could see how it can be a gift. (I have odd spiritual gifts, as well as normal ones.)

Kind of like X-Men Cyclops, seeing the world, spiritually, versus physically.

That spiritual/flesh ratio/scale is there in that, so it can be powerful symbolism.

I hope it's not a tumor, I've had it for as long as I can remember.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums