Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To make it illegal to give food and drink to people waiting in line to vote is draconian imho, and probably unconstitutional. That is one of the reasons MLB is pulling out. That is one reason other industries are protesting. The days of Jim Crow should not be resurrected.

It prohibits a nonofficial at the voting polls from giving food, water, gold watches and whatever, which a campaign staffer could use to bribe people for votes. Here's a bottle of water the staffer gives to a voter, and on the bottle is a picture of the candidate seeking their vote and they certainly can't approach voters standing in line to vote.

It DOSEN'T prohibit the poll officials in setting up a table with water or food for voters.

It's to prohibit bribery and in most states, campaign workers are no longer allowed to set up outside the doors of voting places.

• Agree
Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It prohibits a nonofficial at the voting polls from giving food, water, gold watches and whatever, which a campaign staffer could use to bribe people for votes. Here's a bottle of water the staffer gives to a voter, and on the bottle is a picture of the candidate seeking their vote and they certainly can't approach voters standing in line to vote.

It DOSEN'T prohibit the poll officials in setting up a table with water or food for voters.

It's to prohibit bribery and in most states, campaign workers are no longer allowed to set up outside the doors of voting places.
That was already illegal though.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is nothing racist in this bill, or anything that will prevent people from voting, or anything that will prevent people from drinking water if they want to. These are all lies of the left, even the Washington Post has said so. And the mainstream media and the oligarchy corporations are going right along with it, and promoting the lie.

This law will help make more people confident in the election results. That is not a bad thing. But apparently it makes MLB happy to take money away from minorities and other people in Atlanta and Fulton County, which were instrumental in electing Biden and giving the Senate to the Democrats in the first place.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you have evidence of this happening?
Do you have evidence of this ever happening?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you have evidence of this happening?

Do you have evidence of this ever happening?

Bribery has happened throughout history and it's what our election commissions seek to prevent.

We don't have to wait for murder to happen before we make murder illegal.

It's part of the history of the US where campaign workers approached voters in line and sought to get their votes by various means including bribery. I remember it happening in my younger days before the state made campaign workers stay off the property where voting was taking place. They now have to set up across the street.

It's why the prohibition is necessary.

The left has misreported what the law in GA is actually about.

The officials at the voting polls can set up so that voters can get water or food, but not non-officials, but that's not reported by the MSM.

Heck I was in line years back and when I reached the clerk, she asked the name of the two women in front of me. One could not give her name and address as she was not registered in that precinct, but tried to claim she was the interpreter of the other woman. It didn't matter, the woman was told to leave the polling station and a cop came to be sure she left.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing racist in this bill, or anything that will prevent people from voting, or anything that will prevent people from drinking water if they want to. These are all lies of the left, even the Washington Post has said so. And the mainstream media and the oligarchy corporations are going right along with it, and promoting the lie.
When polls close after five o'clock, when most people are just getting off work. When it is illegal for family or friends or volunteers to bring food and water, when early voting is decreased, that is voter suppression.
This law will help make more people confident in the election results.
The only ones not confident in the election results lately are the Republicans loyal to Trump. Other Republicans were basically content with the election results.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then why did they have to add the prohibition in the law ?
They didn’t just prevent handouts from campaigns or handouts with messaging or as bribes. That was all illegal already. But now, you can’t bring a granola bar to your diabetic grandma who didn’t expect a long line.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When polls close after five o'clock, when most people are just getting off work. When it is illegal for family or friends or volunteers to bring food and water, when early voting is decreased, that is voter suppression.

The only ones not confident in the election results lately are the Republicans loyal to Trump. Other Republicans were basically content with the election results.

Actually, the left also has no confidence when their side loses. Heck, they called the 2016 fraudulent where Trump won.

• Winner
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They didn’t just prevent handouts from campaigns or handouts with messaging or as bribes. That was all illegal already. But now, you can’t bring a granola bar to your diabetic grandma who didn’t expect a long line.

Campaign workers could approach voters in line and give them presents, bribes or whatever. It wasn't illegal until recently and in GA, they made it illegal because it was happening.

BTW, this is voting, not a food line. If you need water or food, it would be wise to prepare before you go to vote.

Otherwise, get your precinct to provide water and food for voters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bribery has happened throughout history and it's what our election commissions seek to prevent.

We don't have to wait for murder to happen before we make murder illegal.

It's part of the history of the US where campaign workers approached voters in line and sought to get their votes by various means including bribery. I remember it happening in my younger days before the state made campaign workers stay off the property where voting was taking place. They now have to set up across the street.

It's why the prohibition is necessary.

The left has misreported what the law in GA is actually about.

The officials at the voting polls can set up so that voters can get water or food, but not non-officials, but that's not reported by the MSM.

Heck I was in line years back and when I reached the clerk, she asked the name of the two women in front of me. One could not give her name and address as she was not registered in that precinct, but tried to claim she was the interpreter of the other woman. It didn't matter, the woman was told to leave the polling station and a cop came to be sure she left.

OK so you cannot show any evidence.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the left also has no confidence when their side loses. Heck, they called the 2016 fraudulent where Trump won.
What election laws were changed when Republicans won.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
OK so you cannot show any evidence.

What evidence do you need ?

Bribery has been part of politics long before the USA came about.
What part of this requires proof ?

Heck just look at other dictatorships where elections are fraudulent.
They don't have to wait for it to happen here before they put laws in place to prevent them from happening.

The state has a constitutional right to make it's own regulations on how they run elections.

Why are you being obtuse about this ?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Campaign workers could approach voters in line and give them presents, bribes or whatever. It wasn't illegal until recently and in GA, they made it illegal because it was happening.

BTW, this is voting, not a food line. If you need water or food, it would be wise to prepare before you go to vote.

Otherwise, get your precinct to provide water and food for voters.
There is no guarantee that they will, and they certainly won’t know that my diabetic grandmother needs a granola bar. No one should need water or food to vote. Not everyone can plan ahead. These kinds of rules hurt poor, working class, and less educated voters. And the people who passed the law knew that.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The polls do not have to close at five o'clock, I believe the most common hours in Georgia are 7 to 7. The old law said "business hours", the new one just makes that more specific as 9 to 5. But local sites can extend for two hours, which is why they are usually open from 7 to 7. This new law changes nothing, it just makes the existing law more clear. The Democrats and their media and corporate allies are lying to you, because they want to push their narrative that the country is racist.

Campaigners are not allowed to give out food and water. Your friends and family can bring you a bottle of water if you need it. What they can't do is wear a Biden shirt and give water out to everyone in line. In my state, campaigners are not allowed within 100 feet of the polling place. This is not a problem, and not at all unusual. The Democrats are lying to you.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no guarantee that they will, and they certainly won’t know that my diabetic grandmother needs a granola bar. No one should need water or food to vote. Not everyone can plan ahead. These kinds of rules hurt poor, working class, and less educated voters. And the people who passed the law knew that.

If no one can plan ahead, then why have absentee ballots ?

BTW, my brother is a diabetic. It's not rocket science to take a piece of candy or some other form of sugar if you're going to vote and might need it.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,292.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Democrats and their media and corporate allies are lying to you, because they want to push their narrative that the country is racist.
It is not the country that is racist.
What they can't do is wear a Biden shirt a
Can they wear a Trump shirt or MAGA hat? There are already distance laws. Georgia did not need a new one.

Upvote 0