Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The narrative is to keep the population under control. Masks are a tool those in charge use when they start to look bad because there is too many people infected and/or dead. I've heard it before in politics states that aren't masking when doing worse they blame it on the people when states do well even if they likely may not be masking as well as a state that does worse they praise the mask.... the mask is our savior all bow to the mighty mask.
When someone gets infected the first thing talked about is....... mask? If someone is infected and all are wearing masks we hear.... crickets about it because it doesn't make masks look good as an idol to the Covid Gods.
Yes some have taken it so far to worship levels of masks IMO. Trust in your mask it will save you from Covid.
I found it inexplicable that instead of focusing on population control, the PTB didn't instead throw any and every drug at those who became ill first to see if people would recover. The non-hospital controlled doctors did, with success. The corporate Big Pharma controlled entities threatened doctors that they could not try any antibiotic or other drug we already had to see if it would work with already dying people. They just let them die instead.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Likely you aren't an old lady that doesn't have a strong voice to begin with in a noisy environment like a grocery store. There are also people who are hard of hearing too. I've seen countless store employees pulling their mask down to talk to one another... almost daily at times.
And wear it under their nose all the time. So helpful.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The problem is bacteria differs from viruses in size it is most often HUGE from as small as 0.2 micron to 10 microns while Covid 19 is from 0.1 micron to 0.3 micron and the best N95 masks are rated at about 0.5 microns. Doctors know that masks are not designed to stop Covid 19 but do very well vs bacteria. If you look at some boxes of masks in stores people wear they have disclaimers often that they aren't rated to stop viruses.
I know that well. None of them are protective at all except properly worn, tightN 95's - and only for a short time since they get contaminated.

That part was theater, but I suppose is better than nothing in the early days, when we didn't know that much.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sure, doctors and nurses wear them in surgery. That's because they are cutting into people and are reducing any potential source of infection).

Other than surgery/post surgery/infectious situations or dental work (which is the same thing, cutting into your mouth), I've never seen doctors or nurses wear masks pre-pandemic.

Do you work in the medical field? My wife does and doctors and nurses who had symptoms of an illness wore masks at work prior to the pandemic.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Likely you aren't an old lady that doesn't have a strong voice to begin with in a noisy environment like a grocery store. There are also people who are hard of hearing too. I've seen countless store employees pulling their mask down to talk to one another... almost daily at times.

OK. So your argument is that because some people have difficulty we should stop wearing masks?

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
There have also been lockdowns, work from home, social distancing, etc. All of them probably contributed to having much less flu cases. I'm just wondering how much of it could be a result of masks, considering that typical masks don't really block aerosol based infections. Maybe they still reduce the aerosol spread by slowing it down?
It is possible that it got to where when people had any flu-like symptoms they automatically tested for Covid 19 and if that was positive a normal flu virus test was not bothered with at all. People can have both of them at the same time.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
OK. So your argument is that because some people have difficulty we should stop wearing masks?
If people are already not wearing them because of such things and infection rates are still declining then at what numbers do we stop hiding from C19? Do we need to have zeroes everywhere in every category for 5 years before we drop the face diapers?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
Are we at a level of C19 infestions that is less than the normal flu yet? Do we stop all the nationwide peer pressure on people to "be safe" when there wasn't such a push for the normal flu when rates drop below the normal flu? I am betting that we will not see an "all clear" back to normal announcement even when rates are half what a normal flu is people will still hang on to their security blanket masks.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,957.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which ones?

Yes, of course. We should always make decisions about what to do in public solely based on how they what we want and ignore what it might do to anyone else.

Hehe well when they brag nonstop about NOT wearing masks, anyone wearing one is bragging and shoving it in their face. It's like being gay when people are against it just doing what normal people do is bragging and shoving it in peoples faces.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

immadatyou.gif

This thread is closed because of numerous flaming violations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.