• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Left’s Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by HARK!, May 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Everybody's Playing in the Heart of Gold Band Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+4,251
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ...Hotlips. :D

2. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Not so much "free will" for the money lenders in the temple, Lol! Jesus was not big on rebellion as a rule, though. Especially not against the government, and that was a cruel and oppressive Roman government that presided in his day!

3. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Everybody's Playing in the Heart of Gold Band Staff Member Hands-on Trainee Supporter

+4,251
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    All he did was flip tables... He didn't put his hands on anyone or force them to leave.

Oops, maybe he did throw them out. :)

4. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Please.

5. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Please what? Extend the courtesy of either giving an argument or commending me on my view. To not do so is very arrogant.

"13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience."

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  6. Steve11987

Steve11987 New Member

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He didn't put his hand on them, but he did whip them!

7. Landon Caeli

+4,251
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I should be embarrassed that I overlooked that... But I'm not. :)

Thanks for reminding me.

8. HARK!

HARK! שמע Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+4,283
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Like Pharisaic hand washing?

9. HARK!

HARK! שמע Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+4,283
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Paul wrote this. Do you have any idea why he was in prison for more, of his ministry, than he was out?

Interesting. Paul qualifies who his rulers were.

10. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+12,320
    Atheist
    Private
    LIBERATE <insert state name here>!

11. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,507
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, of course, but you decided to go there.

12. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,507
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    No, it isn’t the rulers being qualified but who would or would not be terrified.

13. RestoreTheJoy

RestoreTheJoy Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,222
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    And bragging about wearing them.

Such a ridiculous thing. Do what you think is best for you, as advised by your doctor, and quit worrying about what everyone else is doing.

14. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+42,631
    Christian
    I didn't brag about not wearing a mask. If you think being glad that you can go "back to normal" is bragging then I'm bragging that I can now act normal in most stores and places although I do distance myself from people that are masked so they won't feel threatened but the majority of them talk to me and don't say a thing about me not wearing a mask in fact we have a pleasant conversation as people can now hear me a lot better without a muffle on my face.

15. Sophrosyne

+42,631
    Christian
    I think it is ironic that masks are supposed to reduce your "spray" but when people wear one they have to at times literally shout to be understood and get closer than 2 people without masks need to be to hear each other easily. I can stand almost 10 feet from someone without a mask and talk to them but someone with one I often need to get 3 feet from them and it kind of defeats the purpose of one I think.

16. GOD Shines Forth!

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    True.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,507
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    What?

18. GOD Shines Forth!

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Masks in a controlled environment—"Doctors and nurses wear them all the time!!!" goes the rant—is one thing. Working industrial jobs where it is impossible to mince gingerly around and where one is always touching the cursed thing are another.

I’m lucky because 95% of my day I only have to wear it around my chin. I can virtue signal with the best of them!

19. GOD Shines Forth!

+2,006
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    (see edit)

20. Sophrosyne

+42,631
    Christian
    I see the majority of people who work at stores that require them to wear a mask with them pulled down talking to each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.