Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wore a one of those cheep blue mask twice. One time taking my mom to the emergency room and also to her doctor office visit and both times basically had it around my chin (my mom also). That is about it for mask wearing for me.
One can't get in anywhere around here without wearing them.

But outside is crazy, especially alone.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
About several months into the pandemic I realized that I would probably wear a mask, at least occasionally, when out and about even when the pandemic is over. Why? Because one of the side effects of masking up was that there were actually significantly fewer cases of influenza than in previous years.

Wearing a mask, when you are sick and contagious, is just a smart idea in general.

The only thing political about masks are those who have been indoctrinated by extremists who have very successfully convinced many in this thread that wearing a mask is somehow a kind of anti-conservative whatever.

At no point when I've put a mask on when I've gone outside have I ever thought, "Golly, it sure is nice to trigger all the conservatives", my thoughts have instead been, "Did I remember to grab the grocery list before I locked the door?" and "I'm hungry, I could really go for a hamburger".

Believe it or not, as a "leftist", I really don't spend my waking hours thinking about how to irritate, annoy, harass, or bully conservatives.

I don't sit here furiously sweating while fantasizing about what "the other guys" are saying and doing and thinking.

When I see threads like this, my response is to roll my eyes. So why am I responding now? Because I think it may be important for some people to discover that most of us really just aren't playing the same game they are. More specifically, most of us aren't playing a game at all.

Anyway, y'all have fun turning beet red in the face as you pound your desks because dozens of mask-wearing leftists are out to get you--by wearing masks at you. Or something. As for me, I'm going to pet my dog and tell her that she's a good girl, then I might eat lunch. You know, as the filthy leftist scum that I am and all.

-CryptoLutheran
Totally agree. It does practically eliminate flu, as we have seen by the statistics. And I sometimes have certainly wished that someone hacking all over the place would just stay home or wear a mask.

I don't bother with what others are saying either. But wearing one alone driving in the car or walking around outside NOT in crowded areas never required masks. I do what makes sense (and what is demanded by law or policy right now).

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lifted face mask recommendations for vaccinated people Thursday.

Lockdown advocates and leftists who adopted the face mask as a political marker, however, despite full vaccination, pledged to maintain their obedience to strict pandemic mask protocols for fear of even the slightest appearance of association with conservatives they hold in contempt.

The Left's Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt
Laughing at the thought of Joy Reid wearing TWO masks while jogging. She must have amazing lung capacity to not pass out; even high school kids have been passing out when running.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lifted face mask recommendations for vaccinated people Thursday.

Lockdown advocates and leftists who adopted the face mask as a political marker, however, despite full vaccination, pledged to maintain their obedience to strict pandemic mask protocols for fear of even the slightest appearance of association with conservatives they hold in contempt.

The Left's Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt

It has nothing to do with politics.

Being fully vaccinated doesn’t remove the threat of COVID entirely, some just choose to remain cautious until the risk is further reduced as a result of the successful vaccination programme.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One can't get in anywhere around here without wearing them.

But outside is crazy, especially alone.

Well in mississippi at one time they did have a state mandate but most people still did what they wanted to do. About the only place that really required them were at government places and just a few businesses. local ones (business) were more to not enforce mask, it was mostly places like walmart etc..

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
One local city council man said the other day he would vote to remove the mask mandate when the city has about 75% of the cities population vaccinated (out of now having 35% vaccinated).

That is how disconnected and bought into all the government fear, is his belief.

• Agree
Reactions: Toot La-Rue
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It has nothing to do with politics.

By definition it has everything to do with politics.

anti-vaxxer
noun

an·ti-vax·xer | \ ˌan-tē-ˈvak-sər , ˌan-ˌtī- \
plural anti-vaxxers
Definition of anti-vaxxer
: a person who opposes vaccination or laws that mandate vaccination

As anti-vaxxers launch a campaign against a bill that would eliminate their ability to opt out of required shots, supporters of the proposal are delivering more than 21,000 petition signatures to the office of state Sen. Ben Allen …— Alexei Koseff

First Known Use of anti-vaxxer
2009, in the meaning defined above

Definition of ANTI-VAXXER

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
@HARK! Being for continued mask mandates - even where they don't make much sense - is not being anti-vaxx.

"Do you plan to take a coronavirus vaccine if it becomes available?"

'No' answers:
Democrat: 4%
Independent: 25%
Republicans: 44%

"I have already been vaccinated"

'Yes' answers:
Democrat: 82%
Independent: 61%
Republicans: 43%

From here: Civiqs

If it's "the left" that is anti-vaxx, why are Republicans reporting an order of magnitude greater vaccine hesitancy, and half the rate of vaccine inoculation?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
@HARK! Being for continued mask mandates - even where they don't make much sense - is not being anti-vaxx.

"Do you plan to take a coronavirus vaccine if it becomes available?"

'No' answers:
Democrat: 4%
Independent: 25%
Republicans: 44%

"I have already been vaccinated"

'Yes' answers:
Democrat: 82%
Independent: 61%
Republicans: 43%

From here: Civiqs

If it's "the left" that is anti-vaxx, why are Republicans reporting an order of magnitude greater vaccine hesitancy, and half the rate of vaccine inoculation?

You seem to be misunderstanding the article. Did you read it? It says that the Leftists were wearing face masks, while fully vaccinated.

The author is calling it the Anti-Vaxxer Movement. They label and marginalize the concerns of individuals who have reservations about putting drugs into their bodies.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,017.00
Faith
Christian
"The Left’s Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt"

First few posts in thread...

"Face-diapers!"
"I walk into shops without a mask on to make people's lives difficult"
"They're all lab-rats for the vast Big Pharma conspiracy!"

I think the post title might need a rethink

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be misunderstanding the article. Did you read it? It says that the Leftists were wearing face masks, while fully vaccinated.

Annnd?

If people want to be silly, or are feeling social or political in group pressure to be silly, that's on them.

The author is calling it the Anti-Vaxxer Movement.

Which is a truly brain dead thing to do. Here's how he tries to justify it:

The movement to adopt face masks as a permanent fixture for the sake of signaling a political team appears to have expanded beyond an anonymous “overheard in D.C.” post and into an actual concept pursued by pro-mask, and therefore anti-vaxxer, leftists.

Nothing in the article actually gives any evidence of "leftists" holding views that could be construed to be anti-vaccination. The author's argument is 'Some on the left are pro-mask, therefore they left is anti-vaxx'. Which isn't even a syllogism.

I'll repeat, for emphasis, this is enormously dumb.

They label and marginalize the concerns of individuals who have reservations about putting drugs into their bodies.

People exhibiting vaccine hesitancy/anti-vaxx sentiments in the face of an ongoing global pandemic killing millions are inviting labelling and marginalisation.

If they weren't anti-vaxx, they wouldn't get called anti-vaxx. If their ideas weren't wrong and dangerous, they wouldn't be facing marginalisation.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Nothing in the article actually gives any evidence of "leftists" holding views that could be construed to be anti-vaccination. The author's argument is 'Some on the left are pro-mask, therefore they left is anti-vaxx'. Which isn't even a syllogism.

I'll repeat, for emphasis, this is enormously dumb.

Apparently you still aren't getting it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
People exhibiting vaccine hesitancy/anti-vaxx sentiments in the face of an ongoing global pandemic killing millions are inviting labelling and marginalisation

Believe me, people who hold certain religious convictions or who have health concerns are not inviting marginalization. If you are vaccinated and masked; what do you have to worry about? Biden says that the Trump Vaccine did its' job.

It will be O.K..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you still aren't getting it.

What am I not getting? Explain to me how persisting with mask wearing is anti-vaxx.

Make it into a logical syllogism.

f you are vaccinated and masked; what do you have to worry about?

It's not me I'm concerned about, it's my fellow human beings.

COVID-19 is likely going to persist.

What happens when those communities with high rates of vaccine hesitancy/anti-masking behavior - for religious, political, social or whatever reason - contract COVID-19?

They're going to get sick. In disproportionate numbers. Some of them are going to die. (Look at what happened with measles in recent history)

And, because nobody lives in a vacuum, they're increasing the risk that other people get sick and potentially die. Where I live, a single individual traipsing around for half a day resulted in more than 30 positive cases.

They don't need to though. They don't need to get sick, and they don't need to die.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not me I'm concerned about, it's my fellow human beings.

Then why don't you respect them, as human beings, to make their own life choices?

They're not your chattel.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel like CF is on an anti-vaxx initiative. What are we so worried about? If we keep our medical information private, there can be no disrespect.

...But once we reveal it, then people are free to criticize it.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,673.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then why don't you respect them, as human beings, to make their own life choices?

For the same reason as I don't support them drunk driving. Or speeding. Or starting open fires inside a forest. Or firing a gun randomly into the air.

Because it threatens the health and safety of other people.

Other people have to share space and interact with them. So, the person that doesn't wear a mask, or doesn't get the vaccine, isn't just putting themselves at risk. They're putting other people at risk too.

If the anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers don't cant figure out their social responsibilities, then they don't get to participate in the rest of society.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.