Not open for further replies.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,257.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right...it's the left that has contempt, not the right that seems to go out of their way to hate masks because it's something the left is doing. Oh well least we get to no longer care about anything the right says about morality they've shown they don't actually care about it, just want to pretend to be moral.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've seen some celebrity on twitter say that he's going to continue wearing masks so that he doesn't look like a Republican. It seems that political tribalism totally broke some people's brains.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
About several months into the pandemic I realized that I would probably wear a mask, at least occasionally, when out and about even when the pandemic is over. Why? Because one of the side effects of masking up was that there were actually significantly fewer cases of influenza than in previous years.

Wearing a mask, when you are sick and contagious, is just a smart idea in general.

The only thing political about masks are those who have been indoctrinated by extremists who have very successfully convinced many in this thread that wearing a mask is somehow a kind of anti-conservative whatever.

At no point when I've put a mask on when I've gone outside have I ever thought, "Golly, it sure is nice to trigger all the conservatives", my thoughts have instead been, "Did I remember to grab the grocery list before I locked the door?" and "I'm hungry, I could really go for a hamburger".

Believe it or not, as a "leftist", I really don't spend my waking hours thinking about how to irritate, annoy, harass, or bully conservatives.

I don't sit here furiously sweating while fantasizing about what "the other guys" are saying and doing and thinking.

When I see threads like this, my response is to roll my eyes. So why am I responding now? Because I think it may be important for some people to discover that most of us really just aren't playing the same game they are. More specifically, most of us aren't playing a game at all.

Anyway, y'all have fun turning beet red in the face as you pound your desks because dozens of mask-wearing leftists are out to get you--by wearing masks at you. Or something. As for me, I'm going to pet my dog and tell her that she's a good girl, then I might eat lunch. You know, as the filthy leftist scum that I am and all.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
People around here not at risk are tired of the masks and when the city finally did not renew the mandatory mandate about half of the people here are not masked. There is no shaming or problems with maskvocates or anti maskers that I've seen or heard of those who don't wear masks seem to distance themselves from maskers if they aren't doing it because businesses "demand" them. The infection rates hit a high plateau for the most part last year in about November and started falling in January this year and we are down to about 1 death a day average in the state with no mask mandates anywhere that I know of and after over 2 weeks here from the mandatory mask mandate not being renewed there is no spike in infections. More and more people aren't masking in stores that "demand" it and they aren't tossing them out because they realize that they will just take their "maskless" money elsewhere and spend it. In other words GREED seems to win over virtue signaling here.
Even employees of businesses "required" to wear masks are tired of them.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lifted face mask recommendations for vaccinated people Thursday.

Lockdown advocates and leftists who adopted the face mask as a political marker, however, despite full vaccination, pledged to maintain their obedience to strict pandemic mask protocols for fear of even the slightest appearance of association with conservatives they hold in contempt.

The Left's Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt
That's just gaslighting; it was the right who made this political.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
About several months into the pandemic I realized that I would probably wear a mask, at least occasionally, when out and about even when the pandemic is over. Why? Because one of the side effects of masking up was that there were actually significantly fewer cases of influenza than in previous years.

Wearing a mask, when you are sick and contagious, is just a smart idea in general.

The only thing political about masks are those who have been indoctrinated by extremists who have very successfully convinced many in this thread that wearing a mask is somehow a kind of anti-conservative whatever.

At no point when I've put a mask on when I've gone outside have I ever thought, "Golly, it sure is nice to trigger all the conservatives", my thoughts have instead been, "Did I remember to grab the grocery list before I locked the door?" and "I'm hungry, I could really go for a hamburger".

Believe it or not, as a "leftist", I really don't spend my waking hours thinking about how to irritate, annoy, harass, or bully conservatives.

I don't sit here furiously sweating while fantasizing about what "the other guys" are saying and doing and thinking.

When I see threads like this, my response is to roll my eyes. So why am I responding now? Because I think it may be important for some people to discover that most of us really just aren't playing the same game they are. More specifically, most of us aren't playing a game at all.

Anyway, y'all have fun turning beet red in the face as you pound your desks because dozens of mask-wearing leftists are out to get you--by wearing masks at you. Or something. As for me, I'm going to pet my dog and tell her that she's a good girl, then I might eat lunch. You know, as the filthy leftist scum that I am and all.

-CryptoLutheran

One must learn to hold their cards.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
th
Proof that people and hamsters can be easily trained.

• Agree
Reactions: seaofsand
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The mask thing really isn't a big deal to me. When I am required to wear one, I do. If I'm around people who are wearing them, I do too. If I'm with people who don't care about masks the I don't wear one either. (I've had the vaccine.) It really isn't a statement or political issue to me, more like being polite. It certainly has cut down the the regular flu and can be quite the fashion statement! :)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

When I'm sick, which is rare, I stay away from other people; and if they come near; I tell them to stay away from me; that I'm sick. A mask in such a case is a good idea. Staying at home, away from family members, is even better.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When I'm sick, which is rare, I stay away from other people; and if they come near; I tell them to stay away from me; that I'm sick. A mask in such a case is a good idea. Staying at home, away from family members, is even better.
There are times when you can't stay away from others. Say, if you live alone and have to get groceries, or take public transportation to the doctor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are times when you can't stay away from others. Say, if you live alone and have to get groceries, or take public transportation to the doctor.

Indeed. In those cases, that is exactly when we should be thinking about masks, latex gloves, and good hygiene practices.

I been appalled over the years at how good hygiene practices have been in decline.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lifted face mask recommendations for vaccinated people Thursday.

Lockdown advocates and leftists who adopted the face mask as a political marker, however, despite full vaccination, pledged to maintain their obedience to strict pandemic mask protocols for fear of even the slightest appearance of association with conservatives they hold in contempt.

The Left's Pro-Mask, Anti-Vaxxer Movement Is Built On Contempt
Contempt is an accurate term here. It really started revving up in the last Administration to crazy levels now.

Virtue signaling is a clue to what kind of mentality you are dealing with. The leftist thrives on the personal acclaim of virtue signaling, demonstrating widely, loudly, and publicly via social media (especially) that he (and those who think like him) is a better human and cares more about other people, and is quick to promote legislation (i.e. spend OPM).

Pretty much everyone else goes about his business, leaving it to you to do what you think is best for you and your health and your politics, funding issues themselves, without acclaim, and declining to advertise their views or actions for praise from their fellow man. They pull out their own wallets (and spend their time) quietly to help people where they can.

Hilariously, David Hogg, who is vaccinated, says he is still wearing a mask OUTSIDE because he fears being thought a conservative (Say what? A whole LOT of conservatives have gotten the vaccine)

“I feel the need to continue wearing my mask outside even though I’m fully vaccinated because the inconvenience of having to wear a mask is more than worth it to have people not think I’m a conservative,” the Parkland shooting survivor tweeted Friday.

In a follow-up tweet, Hogg said, “I feel like this is something you can especially understand if you’re in a very liberal area where 99% of the people you see are wearing masks.”

David Hogg says he'll continue wearing a mask outdoors so people don't mistake him for a conservative

• Winner
Reactions: DerSchweik
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's beyond absurd. Why would we ever wear masks outside anyway?
That never made sense, unless you were in a highly congested area right in the beginning of the pandemic, when we didn't know a lot about what was going on. Then it made sense.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wore a one of those cheep blue mask twice. One time taking my mom to the emergency room and also to her doctor office visit and both times basically had it around my chin (my mom also). That is about it for mask wearing for me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.