• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The leader of the Western world is ‘cognitively deficient’

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Apr 4, 2021.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,620
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    From MSN

Quote from link.
    US President Joe Biden is illiterate, incoherent, cognitively deficient, and the “leader of the Western world”, according to Sky News host Alan Jones.

“I have to say something about Joe Biden, because his incoherent fantasies are going to affect us all,” Mr Jones said.

“The bloke is reluctant to speak to the media because those managing Biden know that if he goes off message, to put it unkindly, he’s hopeless.”
    This is our allies speaking-thought?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+6,430
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Alan Jones is the Australian equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, and Sky News the equivalent of Newsmax.

Neither represent "your allies"

But well done finding pathetic rightwing outlets that are not American.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,620
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    If he has the coverage Rush Limbaugh had, that would be interesting.

4. SimplyMe

SimplyMe Senior Veteran

+5,967
    Christian
    Married
    Is there a reason why we should care what an Australian "shock jock" (based on his controversial takes on a number of topics claims about Biden. From what I can see, he is a former soccer player and coach, who after his soccer career was washed up was made a talk host, one that wouldn't shut up. He's been sued several times for defamation (lying) about various individuals. He is a climate change denier and stated, ""We now seem to be facing the health version of global warming. Exaggeration in almost everything. Certainly in description, and certainly in behaviour"." The irony of that is he made the statement while he was in isolation at his country estate to avoid risk of infection.

I see absolutely no reason to see why we should care anything about what he has to say.

5. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+6,430
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Do expand in the interestingness of this, how is a right wing talk radio host in Australia having the coverage of a right wing radio host in the US interesting? I've never compared the numbers, but based on what I have seen I'd guess on a percentage basis Alan Jones has a wider reach, due to demographics and scale.

Regardless and back on topic, Alan Jones attacking Joe Biden is about as interesting or unusual as Rush Limbaugh attacking Joe Biden, and Sky News was until recently Murdoch Press, and has not changed its outlook since being sold.

6. renniks

renniks Well-Known Member

+2,231
    Christian
    Married
    You mean someone thinks otherwise?
    I'm not so sure he's really the leader though. Maybe more like a pawn.

7. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+395
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    The question is whether Joe B just might be on the
    downhill slope.
    I think it's a real valid question, and so do a lot of other
    people whose futures hinge in so many ways on what these
    erratic Americans are doing.

8. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,064
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Do you agree with this person’s take? Why or why not? What is it about their opinion you’d like to discuss?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Guinan

Guinan Well-Known Member

+1,366
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Who is Alan Jones and why should we care what he has to say about President Biden?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. WonbyOneanddone

WonbyOneanddone Active Member

+97
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I don't think Biden needs to be cognitively with it.

The government pretty much runs itself, and it probably tells him what to do and say.

In reality, he is the picture perfect President in that regard.

But you might as well get used to him, that is, if he lives another 8 years.

I don't see Trump losing the GOP nomination and I think Biden will beat him again easily, especially now that Big Tech has taken over all media. Trump can't even use Twitter now as any news that you hear about Trump will be presented by those who want him gone forever.

11. Gene2memE

Gene2memE Newbie

+4,082
    Atheist
    Private
    I

As an Australian, I have some opinions about who is exhibiting signs of cognitive decline. And is isn't Joe Biden.

Jones is, per usual, long on accusations and hyperbole, but deficient on examples and evidence.

No. This is not your allies. This is the opinion of an arch reactionary.

This is someone whose made a career of being a Murdoch mouthpiece, and now that Murdoch has mostly cast him adrift he's latching onto whatever right wing current will carry him.

But hey, what ever makes you feel good.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+4,962
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Saying 'leader of the western world' is enough to make this Jone's credibility questionable.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021 at 12:50 PM
  13. Estrid

Estrid Well-Known Member

+395
    Hong Kong
    Skeptic
    In Relationship
    The US should have a monarch, like ronaldus magnus. Basically, an actor.
    A figurehead.
    And a prime minister subject to a vote of no confidence.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced
    Jone's 'coverage' is mainly limited to the occupants of Aged Care facilities.

OB

15. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,767
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    We’d have to do some serious fiddling with the whole of the Constitution in order to go to a parliamentary system.

16. The Transcendentian

The Transcendentian Wise Guy

+84
    United States
    Christian
    Single

Is there a reason why Joe Biden's cognitive functioning level matters?
    If he leads or if someone else leads for him, the end result will be the same.

17. Occams Barber

Occams Barber Newbie Supporter

+4,308
    Australia
    Atheist
    Divorced

Given the level of power apportioned to the role of US President the nature of the occupant is critical. As far as I can see from his public appearances and the output from his office so far, Biden appears to have all his marbles in place.

OB

18. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,064
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Especially when taking into account who we just rid ourselves from. Biden would have to show some very serious signs of impairment for me to worry like I did for the past 4 years under Former Guy.

19. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,826
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    What was said about Rush Limbaugh . I did research. And was shocked it came from Rush Limbaugh mouth. I researched Alan Jones. He's nothing more , than a liar, that been sued multiple time and found guilty and had to pay.