✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
  1. sparow said:
The old covenant was made with Israel yet it was not new but renewed; it was previously made with Abraham and very likely Adam and others:

Genesis 26:5 (NKJV)
5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws."

Bob S said: Are you sure?

There is only one covenant even though is presented differently from time to time. In as far as the Gentiles are in covenant with God it is the one covenant; for a gentile to be in covenant with God a conversion is required such that they are no longer called gentiles but are called Israel. That the Law would go to the gentile is prophesied at least twice in the OT and this happened following Pentecost.

Have you studied the New Testament?

This is how we KNOW we belong to the truth........believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. 1Jn3

Unquote.

I am never sure about interpretations of scripture; I am sure about axiomatic matters, for example the Law has to exist before God can judge; for Cain to be accused of murder there is a need for a law “thou shall not murder”. So I have often wondered could the tree of the knowledge of good and evil be the Law, it certainly wasn’t a fruit tree. Jews say the tree of life is the Law.

There was a time when I read the Gospels four times and Revelation five time over two or three weeks. I have never been indoctrinated by men except as an eight year old at Sunday School.

“Believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ”; Jewish people did not use names as we do, they used the meaning of the name; when they said Jesus the knew they meant God with us. As the promised Messiah, Isaiah uses the names, “the Law stretched tight’ and stumbling block.

Reactions: HARK!

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sparow, I don't know if you know about the + in the bar above the post area. If you highlight what others have written and then left click the + and toggle to "quote it will put quotes around the highlighted area.
aaaaaaaaa

There is only one covenant even though is presented differently from time to time.
Then I would think all should do all the things required in the covenant. Are you a covenant steward?

In as far as the Gentiles are in covenant with God it is the one covenant; for a gentile to be in covenant with God a conversion is required such that they are no longer called gentiles but are called Israel. That the Law would go to the gentile is prophesied at least twice in the OT and this happened following Pentecost.
Scripture please.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The old covenant was made with Israel yet it was not new but renewed; it was previously made with Abraham and very likely Adam and others

I count seven covenants. Are you saying that Davidic Covenant is a renewal of the Noahic Covenant?

If so, Please explain.

I believe that YHWH made progressive covenants, each built on the previous.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I count seven covenants. Are you saying that Davidic Covenant is a renewal of the Noahic Covenant?

If so, Please explain.

I don't. the Mosaic covenant was about laws, laws that governed Israelites in the nation of Israel. The new covenant ratified by Jesus blood is a covenant of salvation. Law verses grace. They are nothing alike. Grace is not built on law.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Grace is not built on law

Of course it is.

Scripture defines sin for us. It defines it as transgression of the law.

With no law to transgress, there would be no sin.

If there is no sin, nor transgression; there is no need for grace.

Compare a secular model of justice. You can't legally be convicted of a crime for which there is no law. If there is no law, nor crime, nor conviction; there is no need for a Gubernatorial pardon.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Sparow, I don't know if you know about the + in the bar above the post area. If you highlight what others have written and then left click the + and toggle to "quote it will put quotes around the highlighted area.

Then I would think all should do all the things required in the covenant. Are you a covenant steward?

Scripture please.

I have to confess I do not have a clue how to use the software.

I guess I am neither hot or cold warm but I am not a legalist; I would only need do those things applicable to me and my circumstances; but I still have much to do and time is running out. I don't know what a covenant steward is but I do not have a gravity belt.

Paul is the only one to say anything significant historically about the gentiles and relative to being overcomers and children of the promise:

Romans 9:6-8; Galatians 3:29.

I have always considered myself an Israelite (not a Jew), most Christians consider themselves to be gentile; this means I only have to make THE WAY straight, but gentiles require conversion.

According to Strong a gentile is a foreigner, could mean Pagan. From a Jew's perspective anyone who is not a Jew is gentile, including descendants of the House of Israel or the lost sheep; from the House of Israel's perspective the Jews are gentiles, foreigners.

The Kingdom of God is where the twelve tribes are reunited. Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel refer to the time of the Messiah.

Isaiah 2:3-4 (ASV)
3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem.
4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isaiah 5:24 (ASV)
24 Therefore as the tongue of fire devoureth the stubble, and as the dry grass sinketh down in the flame, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust; because they have rejected the law of Jehovah of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 8:16 (ASV)
16 Bind thou up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.

Isaiah 8:20 (ASV)
20 To the law and to the testimony! if they speak not according to this word, surely there is no morning for them.

Isaiah 30:8-9 (ASV)
8 Now go, write it before them on a tablet, and inscribe it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever.
9 For it is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of Jehovah;

Isaiah 42:4 (ASV)
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.

Isaiah 42:21 (ASV)
21 It pleased Jehovah, for his righteousness' sake, to magnify the law, and make it honorable.

Isaiah 51:4 (ASV)
4 Attend unto me, O my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall go forth from me, and I will establish my justice for a light of the peoples.

Isaiah 51:7 (ASV)
7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye dismayed at their revilings.

There are four scriptures that I remember so clearly but now cannot find them.

• Informative
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

If so, Please explain.

I believe God's covenant is one, revealed progressively. I don't know the significance of the flood, that it was done once and once only.

But it seems to me that the bow is the symbol for all of God's everlasting covenants; in Rev., the first rider on the white horse with the bow is the ever lasting covenant confirmed.

The covenant made with Israel and Moses was renewed many times each time a remnant came out.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I believe God's covenant is one, revealed progressively. I don't know the significance of the flood, that it was done once and once only.

But it seems to me that the bow is the symbol for all of God's everlasting covenants; in Rev., the first rider on the white horse with the bow is the ever lasting covenant confirmed.

The covenant made with Israel and Moses was renewed many times each time a remnant came out.

You've given me something to think about; although I still don't understand how you came to your conclusion. I would encourage you to start a thread on this subject. If you do; please provide me with a link.

Upvote 0