Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello brothers and sisters,

It's interesting to note that every religion has a teaching/doctrine that it stands by and practices. The teachings have facets referred to as Principles or Laws.

With this in mind, looking at Matthew 5 Jesus clearly distinguishes the letter of the law of Moses (the 10 Commandments) with His Teaching. It is crucial for a believer to be able to discern the difference between the two (Romans 3:21).

2 Corinthians 3:6-10
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:15-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; whichvail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

So, what should a Christian Believer be following? We should be following and obeying non other that Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:3 - For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His Son in form of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Galations 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13:10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore loveis the fulfilling of the law.

Love today! Because He Loves You!!! Hallelujah for JESUS CHRIST!!!

1 John 4:19 - We love him, because he first loved us.

John 3:16 - For GOD so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting Life.

Romans 7 says that we need to become dead to the law and alive to GOD. There are many more Scriptures on this.

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear RyanC111. In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus gives us two Commandments: The Law of Life? The first and great Commandment is: "Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: On these Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.
God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive."
We ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. (neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) We keep asking for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. God sees our loving efforts, and God will Bless us.
The Bible tells us: " Repent and be Born Again," we change from being selfish and unloving, to be loving and caring,
always friendly and ready with a helping hand. God will see our loving efforts, and God will Bless us. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on be loving and kind. We will notice a gradual change in this imperfect world. Let love be our strong weapon to help change this imperfect world.
I say this with love, Ryan. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, in Matthew 22 Jesus is speaking with Pharisees and lawyers. One lawyer asked Him what the greatest commandment is. So, He answered Truthfully. But, in John 13-15 Jesus is with His disciples at the last supper. Here is where Jesus gives those who follow Him command. To Love as He has Loved us. John 13:34-35 and John 15:12-14.

I'm sure we both agree that Love is the fulfillment of the Law. Galatians 5:14, Romans 13:9, Romans 8:3-4.

The reason I called it the Law of Life is straight out of Romans 8:2.

For the Law (Love) of the Spirit (God, Words) of Life (Jesus, John 6:63) in Christ Jesus (Spirit, 2 Corinthians 3:17) hath made me free from the law of sin and death (the Law of Moses, 2 Corinthians 3:7).

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I apologize for not responding sooner.
I believe that you have a point to make but you need to be more clear about what it is. I get what you are saying is that we are no longer under the law of Moses and I fully agree. But when you talk about the law of life you are a little unclear.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Law of Life is LOVE. Let us not forget GOD IS LOVE and whoever Love's is One with GOD (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16)

This can go in many different directions.

Love is the commandment Jesus gave (John 13:34, John 15:12). Following Jesus means to be following the Holy Spirit and GOD. The 3 are ONE. Whoever abides in Jesus abides in the Love of GOD (John 15:9-10, 1 John 4:16). This is the Gospel (John 3:16).

The words Jesus speaks, they are Spirit and they are Life. The Holy Spirit is the Life giving Spirit. The Lord is that Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17).

Love is the Law of the Spirit of Life. (Romans 8:2, Ephesians 4:20-21)

As we apply this commandment/teaching from the heart (Romans 6:17) His Spirit is a witness to us. Romans 8:16, 1 John 4:13, 1 John 5:8. And transforms us into the Image of our LORD (Romans 8:28-29) by the renewing of our mind. (Ephesians 4:23, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 8:1-7)

But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the Word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:22-25

Herein is Love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His S0n to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if GOD so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1 John 4:10-11

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heave : for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:43-44

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Law of Life is LOVE. Let us not forget GOD IS LOVE and whoever Love's is One with GOD (1 John 4:8, 1 John 4:16)

This can go in many different directions.

Love is the commandment Jesus gave (John 13:34, John 15:12). Following Jesus means to be following the Holy Spirit and GOD. The 3 are ONE. Whoever abides in Jesus abides in the Love of GOD (John 15:9-10, 1 John 4:16). This is the Gospel (John 3:16).

The words Jesus speaks, they are Spirit and they are Life. The Holy Spirit is the Life giving Spirit. The Lord is that Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17).

Love is the Law of the Spirit of Life. (Romans 8:2, Ephesians 4:20-21)

As we apply this commandment/teaching from the heart (Romans 6:17) His Spirit is a witness to us. Romans 8:16, 1 John 4:13, 1 John 5:8. And transforms us into the Image of our LORD (Romans 8:28-29) by the renewing of our mind. (Ephesians 4:23, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 8:1-7)

But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the Word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. James 1:22-25

Herein is Love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His S0n to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if GOD so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 1 John 4:10-11

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in Heave : for He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:43-44
I think that I must disagree with you on a couple of things.

God is love is not a definition of God. God is Spirit and God is righteous and God is merciful and God is just and God is much more than just love. Love is one of His attributes but He is not defined by His love nor is His love the source of His glory. Certainly His wondrous love is the spring from which His salvation flows but we cannot define Him solely as love.

Also John 3:16 is not the Gospel. The Gospel is the whole of the accomplished work of Christ for His people. It is that He, as the last Adam, came into this world to accomplish a purpose and He actually accomplished it by His death, burial and resurrection. 1Cor. 15: 1-4. It isn't just that He died but that He died according to the Scriptures and rose again according to the Scriptures. That includes all about who He is, what He did, who He did it for and where He now is. The Gospel is concerning Christ. Paul calls it the Gospel of Christ so many times that I can't reference them all.

Having preached the Gospel for more than twenty years I can tell you that the preaching of the Gospel is not just telling people about the love of God, especially the lie that God loves all men, but telling them who Christ is and what he accomplished for a people called ungodly and sinners. It is to tell them why He rose again and now sits on the throne ruling all things for the glory of His great name and the good of His people.

Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe Love is the source of His Gory and Righteousness. Ephesians 1:6, Romans 3:21-26. I also agree with you, God is.

Christ is the finished work of God. He was the resurrection when He wasn't even crucified yet. John 11:25. John 3:16 is a clear picture of the Gospel.

Romans 2. The Gospel isn't just telling people about the Love of GOD? Isn't Love the reason God gave Jesus? Wasn't because of His Love that Christ endured the Cross? Because of the Love of God Christ died. And because of His Love Christ rose again. It the Love of God that has grafted us in. Both Jew and Gentile. Galatians 5:6. The Gospel is the Love of God, the message of reconciliation. Romans 5:10

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I believe Love is the source of His Gory and Righteousness. Ephesians 1:6, Romans 3:21-26. I also agree with you, God is.

Christ is the finished work of God. He was the resurrection when He wasn't even crucified yet. John 11:25. John 3:16 is a clear picture of the Gospel.

Romans 2. The Gospel isn't just telling people about the Love of GOD? Isn't Love the reason God gave Jesus? Wasn't because of His Love that Christ endured the Cross? Because of the Love of God Christ died. And because of His Love Christ rose again. It the Love of God that has grafted us in. Both Jew and Gentile. Galatians 5:6. The Gospel is the Love of God, the message of reconciliation. Romans 5:10
Actually God tells us that His glory is wrapped up in His sovereign mercy.

(Exo 33:18) And he (Moses) said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

(Exo 33:19) And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

God is in no way obligated to show mercy to any child of Adam. We are all by our very nature lost sinners in ourselves and deserve nothing from God but His wrath and damnation. But He, in sovereign mercy, purposed to wrap up all His glory in the sovereign salvation of a people whom He set His heart on by and through the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the personification of the love of God for His elect to be sure but in Christ is the glory of God. The angels look at those whom the Lord has redeemed to see the glory of God's sovereign mercy.

(Eph 3:8) Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

(Eph 3:9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

(Eph 3:10) To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

(Eph 3:11) According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
twin, you said in post 8 "especially the lie that God loves everyone." Will you explain to me with scripture what you know about this?
I ask you did God love all those who died under the wrath of God in the Flood? I ask you did God love all those Canaanites that He commanded the Hebrews to kill when they entered the land? I ask you did God love the Egyptians when He destroyed them with a high hand and made their bodies wash up at the feet of the Hebrews? I ask you did God love Esau? I ask you did God love all workers of iniquity that He says He hates in Psalm 5:5? I ask you does God love those seven kinds of people He outlines in Proverbs 6:16-19?

God's love is one of His attributes and is in perfect harmony and backed up by them all. His love is shaped by His wisdom and works by His mighty power. His love always does what is best for the objects of His love. All those that He loves He saves.

(Eph 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

(Eph 1:4) According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him:

(Eph 1:5)In love having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

(Eph 1:6) To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

(Eph 1:7) In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

(Eph 1:8) Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

(Eph 1:9) Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: [ I moved the two word in love according to the context and Greek grammar]

There is only one passage that says that God loves the world and many passages that say that He doesn't. What the passage doesn't say is that God loves all men it says that God loves the world. There are many passages that clearly teach that God love His elect. I will give you one to think about:

(Isa 43:1) But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

(Isa 43:2) When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

(Isa 43:3) For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

(Isa 43:4) Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

Moreover John the Baptist declares, by the inspiration of the Spirit, that it isn't the love of God that abides on the unbelieving rebel but the wrath of God.

(Joh 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gods Love - Gods Mercy. Difference?

Yes, it looks like you know the God of the OT well. But Jesus took the place of the murderer. He was counted with the transgressors. He ate with sinners. The Love of God is commended towards us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Who does Gods wrath abide on? those who do not receive His Mercy/Grace. GOD most certainly loves everyone.

Jesus shed His Blood for the world, who then is excluded?

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Gods Love - Gods Mercy. Difference?

Yes, it looks like you know the God of the OT well. But Jesus took the place of the murderer. He was counted with the transgressors. He ate with sinners. The Love of God is commended towards us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Who does Gods wrath abide on? those who do not receive His Mercy/Grace. GOD most certainly loves everyone.

Jesus shed His Blood for the world, who then is excluded?
So God changed when Christ came into the world? That certainly can't be. He tells us clearly that He doesn't change. The Lord Jesus, as the fullness of the Godhead in a body and the express image of God shows us the one true God. He is the same yesterday ,today and forever so your assumption is false.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello brothers and sisters,

It's interesting to note that every religion has a teaching/doctrine that it stands by and practices. The teachings have facets referred to as Principles or Laws.

With this in mind, looking at Matthew 5 Jesus clearly distinguishes the letter of the law of Moses (the 10 Commandments) with His Teaching. It is crucial for a believer to be able to discern the difference between the two (Romans 3:21).

2 Corinthians 3:6-10
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

2 Corinthians 3:15-17
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; whichvail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

So, what should a Christian Believer be following? We should be following and obeying non other that Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:3 - For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His Son in form of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Galations 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Romans 13:10 - Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore loveis the fulfilling of the law.

Love today! Because He Loves You!!! Hallelujah for JESUS CHRIST!!!

1 John 4:19 - We love him, because he first loved us.

John 3:16 - For GOD so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting Life.

Romans 7 says that we need to become dead to the law and alive to GOD. There are many more Scriptures on this.

Ok, now what? You should ask a question, make a statement and ??? You got me confused!

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that you have a point to make but you need to be more clear about what it is. I get what you are saying is that we are no longer under the law of Moses and I fully agree. But when you talk about the law of life you are a little unclear.

Like you I am sure puzzled about this.

Upvote 0

RyanC111

Feb 24, 2016
Arizona
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So God changed when Christ came into the world? That certainly can't be. He tells us clearly that He doesn't change. The Lord Jesus, as the fullness of the Godhead in a body and the express image of God shows us the one true God. He is the same yesterday ,today and forever so your assumption is false.

The nature of GOD did not change but His relationship with the world changed. Before CHRIST came into the world, you could not go to Him bc of sin. Since Christ has come into the world, the Good News is that we can run to Him!

The OT- we cannot go to GOD in the midst of sin
the NT- GOD came to us in the midst of sin.

GOD did not change but His covenant absolutely changed and because of that we now can see GOD in ways that we never could.

Upvote 0