Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here you write "God wrote the law through" Moses so then it becomes a question of how much of Moses is in the law?

First of all, how much of anyone is in any book of the bible? Inspired by God is not the same thing as God Himself writing it... if that were the case, the +/- 40 different authors of the biblical books wouldn't be as unique as they are. Meaning, it is very clear that a person's individuality is retained when they write even if inspired by God to write. Secondly, you are casting doubt on the bible by making assertions that some may or may not be inspired. I can show you time and time again where "law of Moses" or even just "Moses" is used idiomatically to depict God's law. But I don't even need to waste time on that... I just need to go here:

Exo 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord. And he rose early in the morning, and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

That's it, done... the words Moses penned were the words of the Lord.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus was sinless, which means that he kept the entire Law perfectly, not just the Ten Commandments. All of God's Laws are moral commands and were given to teach us how to walk in His ways. The Ten Commandments were what the Mosaic Covenant was originally intended to be, but that covenant was never made. It was based upon the condition that the people would hear God's voice and obey (Exodus 19:5), but upon hearing God's voice, the people got cold feet and decided that they wanted God to speak to Moses and to listen to him instead, which was less than ideal, but God nevertheless agreed to this different covenant. It was a exactly like someone saving his damsel in distress out of bondage in Egypt, proposing to her, and with her agreeing, but on the day of her wedding deciding that she only wanted to interact with her husband through a mediator, which he nevertheless agreed to out of his love for her, but Moses could not be everywhere, so that quickly led to problems that would not have happened if the people had been listening to God's voice. In lieu of the people being directed by God voice in how to walk in His ways, it then became necessary for Moses to write down those instructions (Deuteronomy 5:22-33).

The ceremonial laws instruct us how to act in accordance with God's holiness, so they can only be done away with if God's eternal holiness is first done away with. Crosses were never used as a means of disposing of laws, but rather what was written on crosses were the violations of the law or the charges against the person being crucified in order to explain why they were being crucified (Matthew 27:37). This fits perfectly with the concept of the charges against us or the violations of God's Law that we have committed were nailed to Christ's cross and he died in our place to pay the penalty for our sins, but does not fit at all with doing away with God's holy, righteous, and good Law.

To fulfill the law means "to cause God's will (as made known in the Law) to be obeyed as it should be" (NAS 2c) and after Jesus said he came to fulfill the law, this precisely what Jesus proceeded to do six times throughout the rest of Matthew 5. According to Galatians 5:14, anyone who has ever loved their neighbor has fulfilled the entire law, so it is something that countless people have done, which means that it does not refer to something unique that Jesus did, and certainly not to doing away with God's eternal laws. Likewise, Galatians 6:2 says that bearing one another's burdens fulfills the Law of Christ, which refers to obeying it as it should be obeyed, not to doing away with. In Romans 15:18-19, it says that Paul fulfilled the Gospel, which referred to causing the Gentiles to become fully obedient to it in word and in deed, not to doing away with it.

Jesus warned that those who relaxed the least of the laws or taught others to do the same will be called least in the Kingdom, while those who obey the Law and teach others to do the same will be called great in the Kingdom, so this is something we need to take seriously. Heaven and earth are still here and not all has been accomplished, so God's eternal laws are still in effect. There is nothing in the Bible that speaks about completing the Law by perfectly obeying it, there is nothing in Matthew 5 that indicates that Jesus was referring to his death, and nothing that he said about his death that indicates that he would do away with any of God's eternal laws.

According to Deuteronomy 30:11-14, God said that what He commanded was not too difficult for us, but that His Word is near us, in our mouth and in our heart so that we can obey it, and Romans 10:5-8 quotes this passage in regard to what our faith says, so to say that we are not able to keep God's Law is to call Him a liar and to deny what our faith says. In Titus 2:14, it does not say that Jesus gave himself to free us from the Law, but to free us from all Lawlessness and to purify for himself a people who are zealous for doing good works. So Jesus freed us from sin so that we could be free to obey the Law and thereby meet its righteous requirement (Romans 8:3-4). We have not been given the righteousness of God said that we will hide it under a bushel, but so that we will let it shine, which is in accordance with God's instructions for that as given in His Law and in accordance with the example that Christ set for us to follow.

Indeed, the one and only way that there has ever been to become righteous is through faith, and by there same faith we are therefore required to be careful to obey all of God's commands. God's commands were not given to teach how to act like Jews, but to teach His followers how to walk in His ways. It wouldn't make any sense for Gentiles to say that God has given instructions to His followers for how to follow him, and we should become His followers, but should not follow those instructions because they were only given to His followers and not to people like us who were not his followers.

Following are some verses I find interesting and very powerful regarding Christ's crucifixion

Matthew 27:50

50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!”

This signified that this sacrificial law system was once and for all time nailed to the cross. Now the sacrificial/cerimonial was still practiced because of course because there were people that did not believe Jesus Christ was the prophesied Messiah obviously. And today there are some that still believe this ... that is ... He hasn't come yet, the first time.

Also interesting is the inscription on the cross Jesus was crucified on.

John 19

19 Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.” 20 Many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Aramaic, in Latin, and in Greek. 21 So the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but rather, ‘This man said, I am King of the Jews.’” 22 Pilate answered, “What I have written I have written.”

The Mosaic Sacrificial Cerimonial System is very important to understand and there is a lot I mean a lot to it. It is very very key in helping to understand Revelation. I have been studying it for a long long time and still do. Amazing how the Lord fit's the OT and the NT together ... hand and glove ;o) People come up with so called "contridictions" ... but Gods word does not contradict itself ... it's just that in some cases we have not yet fully discovered how it all fits together. And then of course we have Satan messing around with the Lords word (just like in the beginning) and with our minds and in such sneaky, sneaky deceiving ways with Gods children. This is why I believe there are so many different denominations and beliefs.

And round and round we go ;o)

Important to stay in the Word. Very important.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Show me a person that claims to sin no more and I’ll show you a liar.

Jesus is the Truth. He said so.

I am whosoever that is born of God, and SIN NO MORE.
My Lord dwells within me.
My Lord does not dwell IN SIN!

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

And thus WHO IS THE LIAR that you care to show that IS born of God and continues to SIN, in complete opposition to Scripture?

God Bless,
SBC

Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think Joseph ignored the law. What I do think is that we have a somewhat mistaken idea about how Moses' Law was administered. Because Joseph was the offended party I believe it was his choice whether he brought charges of adulatory before the Judges or could choose to quietly divorce her which only consisted of writing her a divorce decree and having it witnessed with the signatures of two witnesses. He wouldn't have to declare why he was divorcing her as Moses permitted divorce for 'just' cause according to the Pharisees.
I could be wrong but that is the way it appears to me.

How do you divorce someone you are not married to? At that time they were betrothed to one another, not married. It would appear to me that the OP is pointing out some major flaws with the HRM and the Torah keepers of today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No they delude themselves. If you don't think that happens...up to you....but it does.
Lying is lying, whether you are lying to yourself or others.

Then you do have to have works? :) That's precisely what you just said.
There is a huge difference between what you and I say.
You say do good works to get saved.
I say do good works because you are saved.

What Christ said there and the dirty rags thing, was to make a point, we all know the point and we move on, and the point need not be brought up each time the term "good" is used. The word was not abolished from existence as still meaning "good". You seem to be saying there is no such thing as good when it comes to mortal man, so here is an example from the bible:

John 5:28-29 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
The ONLY GOOD thing we can do is believe the Gospel.
Nothing else will be good enough to get us into Heaven.
Once we are born-again, now we are able to do good.s
Born-again people do good things because they are born-again.
You say we need to just let this definition of good go and move on.
That would be a very bad thing to do, because then people will get the idea that there good works of helping people, giving them a cup of cold water, visiting those who are sick and in prison will get them into Heaven.

So, you see, it's still used in it's normal way, like I used it. And yes I can attempt to do good things and be good....you think that'd be okay? Or do you think that means I need another lesson. ? :)
No, your normal way refers to actions and it is not refering to actions but to doing the will of the Father which is to believe on the Son. John 6:40

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all, how much of anyone is in any book of the bible? Inspired by God is not the same thing as God Himself writing it... if that were the case, the +/- 40 different authors of the biblical books wouldn't be as unique as they are. Meaning, it is very clear that a person's individuality is retained when they write even if inspired by God to write. Secondly, you are casting doubt on the bible by making assertions that some may or may not be inspired. I can show you time and time again where "law of Moses" or even just "Moses" is used idiomatically to depict God's law. But I don't even need to waste time on that... I just need to go here:

Exo 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord. And he rose early in the morning, and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

That's it, done... the words Moses penned were the words of the Lord.

An absolute no-brainer.....where do people get these ideas?

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1 John 3
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

And thus WHO IS THE LIAR that you care to show that IS born of God and continues to SIN, in complete opposition to Scripture?

God Bless,
SBC
Do you still have a soul that makes sinful decisions?
Does your flesh still have sinful desires?
Your spirit is born of God.
Your soul and body are not.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
An absolute no-brainer.....where do people get these ideas?
Sorry,
that is 'eye-only' information. < shrugs :) >
Classified for internet popularity and continuation.
(i.e. not necessarily right nor good, but rules are rules)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I read some of his posts.
Unless things have changed, I think he thinks (he posted long ago) he cannot sin, or maybe cannot be wrong or maybe cannot make a mistake.
Let's see what he thinks today....

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1 John 3

God Bless,
SBC

If you are not a Believer you have one nature....the sinful nature passed on fro m Adam
Whe one becomes a Believer He is born again,or born from above with a new nature...so now your nature is two-fold....the new man can not sin,and the old man is not subject to the Law Of God, nor indeed can be...these 2 nature’s are in us and war against each other as long as we are alive...the nature that gets fed the most will dominate

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

1 John 3

God Bless,
SBC

1 John 1:8

I speak not of the “cloak” of grace, but the humanity underneath.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a huge difference between what you and I say.
You say do good works to get saved.
I say do good works because you are saved.

Read the scripture on the sheep and the goats...good works are a requirement. Once you read it, tell me where Jesus sent the Goats and why? And where he sent the sheep and why?

The ONLY GOOD thing we can do is believe the Gospel.
Nothing else will be good enough to get us into Heaven.
Once we are born-again, now we are able to do good.s
Born-again people do good things because they are born-again.
You say we need to just let this definition of good go and move on.
That would be a very bad thing to do, because then people will get the idea that there good works of helping people, giving them a cup of cold water, visiting those who are sick and in prison will get them into Heaven.

I showed you scripture to show that we can do and are expected to do good, if you choose to ignore it, that is up to you.

No, your normal way refers to actions and it is not refering to actions but to doing the will of the Father which is to believe on the Son. John 6:40

Again, I showed you the scripture. Here it is again, and it tells us we must "do what is good" as opposed to "what is evil". If "do what is good" doesn't mean just that, then please explain to me what it does mean?

John 5:28-29 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

No, I have a restored soul.

Does your flesh still have sinful desires?

No, my flesh is dead, crucified with Christ.

Your spirit is born of God.

My spirit was first born from mans NATURAL seed.
Yes my born again spirit is from Gods Spiritual Seed.

I never said my soul or my body ARE or WILL BE "born again", neither does Scripture.

My soul is RESTORED, now being the same as when God BLEW into my nostrils.
My body is DEAD, now I live in Christ's RISEN Body, until MY DEAD IN CHRIST body is raised and changed.

I SUBMITTED, GAVE, my body, my soul, my spirit To Gods Control and Keeping with His POWER.
Not my Body, Not my Soul, Not my Spirit CAN EVER AGAIN SIN AGAINST GOD!

That does not apply to me. I was sanctified WHOLLY, and made WHOLLY WHOLE, by the Power of God.
However IF that applies to you, you have NOT BEEN MADE WHOLE, as you say, ONLY your spirit.
However when the Lord returns to redeem those that are HIS, that would be, those who are WHOLE.

1 Thes 5
  1. [23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

One can not be "preserved" blameless.....if they have not become WHOLLY WHOLE.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Following are some verses I find interesting and very powerful regarding Christ's crucifixion

Matthew 27:50

50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. 54 When the centurion and those who were with him, keeping watch over Jesus, saw the earthquake and what took place, they were filled with awe and said, “Truly this was the Son of God!”

This signified that this sacrificial law system was once and for all time nailed to the cross. Now the sacrificial/cerimonial was still practiced because of course because there were people that did not believe Jesus Christ was the prophesied Messiah obviously. And today there are some that still believe this ... that is ... He hasn't come yet, the first time.

Also interesting is the inscription on the cross Jesus was crucified on.

John 19

19 Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross. It read, “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.” 20 Many of the Jews read this inscription, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and it was written in Aramaic, in Latin, and in Greek. 21 So the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but rather, ‘This man said, I am King of the Jews.’” 22 Pilate answered, “What I have written I have written.”

The Mosaic Sacrificial Cerimonial System is very important to understand and there is a lot I mean a lot to it. It is very very key in helping to understand Revelation. I have been studying it for a long long time and still do. Amazing how the Lord fit's the OT and the NT together ... hand and glove ;o) People come up with so called "contridictions" ... but Gods word does not contradict itself ... it's just that in some cases we have not yet fully discovered how it all fits together. And then of course we have Satan messing around with the Lords word (just like in the beginning) and with our minds and in such sneaky, sneaky deceiving ways with Gods children. This is why I believe there are so many different denominations and beliefs.

And round and round we go ;o)

Important to stay in the Word. Very important.

God Bless.

Please interact with the fact that crosses were never used as a means of disposing of laws, but what was written on crosses were the charges against the person being crucified. The charge that was against Jesus that was announcing the reason why he was being crucified was that he was the King of the Jews. Likewise, our sins violations of the Law are nailed to his cross to announce the reason why he was being crucified, and he died in our place to pay the penalty of our sins. Nothing is Colossians 2:14 is speaking about any of God's Laws being done away with, ceremonial or otherwise. God holiness and his instructions for how to act in accordance with His holiness have not been done away with and there is nothing that Jesus said about his death to indicate that.

If the Law were not still in effect, then it could not prevent Jesus from being a priest if he were on earth and there would not still be ongoing offerings that were in accordance with the Law (Hebrews 8:4). Furthermore, it was not just anyone who was continuing to make offerings, but Paul did in Acts 18:18 as part of taking a Nazarite vow, and again in Acts 21:20-24 at the direction of James in order to disprove false rumors that he was teaching against the Law and to show that he continued to live in obedience to it. In addition, the Bible prophecies a time when a third temple will be rebuilt and the offerings will resume (Ezekiel 44-46).

• Winner
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read the scripture on the sheep and the goats...good works are a requirement. Once you read it, tell me where Jesus sent the Goats and why? And where he sent the sheep and why?
25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Those who are Blessed of the Father are the ones who do good works as mentioned. Doing good works did not make them blessed of the Father.
The cursed do evil works not become the cursed but because they are evil.
If you don't believe on the Son, that would be doing good, the wrath of God remains on you.
Again, I showed you the scripture. Here it is again, and it tells us we must "do what is good" as opposed to "what is evil". If "do what is good" doesn't mean just that, then please explain to me what it does mean?
Doing good = Believing on the Son.
Doing evil = not believing on the Son.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please interact with the fact that crosses were never used as a means of disposing of laws, but what was written on crosses were the charges against the person being crucified. The charge that was against Jesus that was announcing the reason why he was being crucified was that he was the King of the Jews. Likewise, our sins violations of the Law are nailed to his cross to announce the reason why he was being crucified, and he died in our place to pay the penalty of our sins. Nothing is Colossians 2:14 is speaking about any of God's Laws being done away with, ceremonial or otherwise. God holiness and his instructions for how to act in accordance with His holiness have not been done away with and there is nothing that Jesus said about his death to indicate that.

If the Law were not still in effect, then it could not prevent Jesus from being a priest if he were on earth and there would not still be ongoing offerings that were in accordance with the Law (Hebrews 8:4). Furthermore, it was not just anyone who was continuing to make offerings, but Paul did in Acts 18:18 as part of taking a Nazarite vow, and again in Acts 21:20-24 at the direction of James in order to disprove false rumors that he was teaching against the Law and to show that he continued to live in obedience to it. In addition, the Bible prophecies a time when a third temple will be rebuilt and the offerings will resume (Ezekiel 44-46).

Certain Jews have already prepared everything that is necessary for the interior of that third temple....utensils,clothing for the priests,etc...each year they try to lay the cornerstone but they are always driven away

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Those who are Blessed of the Father are the ones who do good works as mentioned. Doing good works did not make them blessed of the Father.
If you don't believe on the Son, that would be doing good, the wrath of God remains on you.

Doing evil = not believing on the Son.....how does a woeful wolverine come up with these gems? Lol........you haven’t been listening to that evil Renee Roland have you.
Google Renee Roland Lordship Salvation.....sorry,another shameless plug
Great post,as always my Brother Doug

Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Certain Jews have already prepared everything that is necessary for the interior of that third temple....utensils,clothing for the priests,etc...each year they try to lay the cornerstone but they are always driven away

Indeed, they could build the temple at any time, but they refuse to do so through violence, which puts it squarely in the hands of God's timetable because that will take a miracle.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sheep ;

I showed you scripture to show that we can do and are expected to do good, if you choose to ignore it, that is up to you.

Sheep and Goats

Matthew 25

The Final Judgment

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 34Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,f you did it to me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Works

Hebrews 13

20Now may the God of peace, having brought out from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21equip you in everything good, in order to do His will, working in us that which is well pleasing before Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Can you simply answer the two questions in normal foremat? No?

I just checked my dictionary and "good" means something other than "believing", as does "evil" mean something other than not believing. Look it up.

Remember what you said about lying being lying? And do you really not know changing/adding to the word of God is not a good idea at all?

And one other tiny detail...had the bible meant, "believing on the son" when is said "do good" it would have said "believe on the son" not "do good".

You completely made that up, and there is no evidence whatsoever there it means anything other than what it says.

I can only hope those that pretend no requirements of good are necessary, can see the depths some will go to in order to "try" to prove their point. If blatantly changing the word of God here is not obvious to them, my guess is they constantly change it in order to make their stance believable to themselves. Why? because that's the only way they will get the bible to say what they want it to say.

I'm sorry if you have chosen not to see.

Upvote 0