The Law and the prophets, according to some Yeshua eradicated both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Below are just a few of the considerations some believers raise to say that Yeshua and the apostals all of which are [JEWS] were against God's word..

Mr. Poster said:
(Matthew 5:17-18) Think not that I am come destroy the law, or the prophets: to I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
(Mat 5:18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
This consideration really doesn't help those who deny that God's word is still in effect, Yeshua says it clearly think not that I am come Destroy the law, or the prophets he repeats he has not come to destroy but to fulfil, to fulfil does not mean erradicate, or what Yeshua said would have been counterproductive and countradicting...

(Romans 10:2-3-4) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
(Rom 10:3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
(Rom 10:4)For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
The purpose, the objective the goal the end... The greek word "TELOS" does not mean termination obliteration or eradictation but goal or purpose.. The same is said in James 5:11--- Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Now are we to assume that end means that G_d himself terminated is obliterated or eradicated??? That would be really silly wouldn't it..

BeyondBabylon

Jul 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,316.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Yeshua magnified the Law and the Prophets making them even more binding in attitude and not just in action. Now it's known to be sin to commit adultery or even THINK about it! Certainly wasn't "done away" with but those who repeat that dangerous lie will soon be history if they don't repent (1 John 2:4).

The New Covenant is based upon the Law and the Prophets and will be made with Israel and Judah and written upon the tablets of their heart - not done away with like Satan schemes since they are two witnesses to Yeshua and reflect the coming Kingdom of God that wil be based upon them.

Replacement Theology Refuted!

The Covenant: God's Relationship to Jews, Israelites, and Gentiles

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.