The Law and Idolatry

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Been reading Galatians 2:15-21 off and on throughout the day.

1. Does Paul imply that it is a sin to seek to be good as far as keeping the law in verse 17?

2. Reading in context from verses 15-18, what is the underlying sin that verse 18 asserts?

3. Can the law assist us in becoming more righteous? (v.19)

4. When it comes to the imputed righteousness of Christ vs. my striving to obey the law, which is greater?

5. Based on the context of the letter up until verse 21, how does one nullify the grace of God?

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1. Does Paul imply that it is a sin to seek to be good as far as keeping the law in verse 17?

2. Reading in context from verses 15-18, what is the underlying sin that verse 18 asserts?

4. When it comes to the imputed righteousness of Christ vs. my striving to obey the law, which is greater?

5. Based on the context of the letter up until verse 21, how does one nullify the grace of God?

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1)
If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promotes sin?

I don't understand your question based on the verse.
2)
If Paul rebuilt that which he had destroyed, righteousness of observing the law, he would fail and simply prove he was a lawbreaker/ sinner
3) No. The Christians righteousness before God is faith in Christ.
4)the imputed righteousness of Christ
5) by seeking righteousness of observing the law

Upvote 0

Sola1517

Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1)
If while we seek to be justified in Christ it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does this mean that Christ promotes sin?

Okay, read verses 15-17. I basically agree with you.

Upvote 0

Sola1517

Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1)

2)
If Paul rebuilt that which he had destroyed, righteousness of observing the law, he would fail and simply prove he was a lawbreaker/ sinner
3) No. The Christians righteousness before God is faith in Christ.
4)the imputed righteousness of Christ
5) by seeking righteousness of observing the law
I read ESV btw.

Upvote 0