Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking. Should I not question? Come on now surely you don't believe everything that your told. I haven't made any definitive statements just looking for truth. All I tend to hear though is shut up and get in line instead. The one thing I never see is look at this information that I've already run across.

The raw data is a good start. If less people are going to die this year there has to be a reason. Calling covid excess deaths is misleading. People tend to think we are going to have more deaths than average. If heart disease and cancer deaths are going down we need to know why so we can continue on that path.

Hi arc,

No. I think it pretty obvious in many of these discussion threads that I don't believe everything that I'm told. Just as you obviously don't either. But that's why we need to be 'gentle as doves and wise as serpents'. We need to seek for the truth in these matters where widely disparate accounts are being made on any issue.

I have provided you with the link to 'see' the information that I've run across.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will go back and look for it. That's one of the problems with deleting data from view. I can sit here and say I saw something and tomorrow it's gone. I don't know if that's the case in this situation but I've run across that issue several times. Or that the search engines won't list results for certain things anymore. Manipulation is easy in the digital age. I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Hi arc,

Well, you and I have a different understanding of deleted data. You believe it's been deleted because it supported some nefarious plot that the 'cabal' of some hidden government wants to keep from you. I, on the other hand, generally see deleted data as likely being incorrect data and it was taken down because it wasn't true. That seems to be the explanation for the data supporting this thread according to the school itself.

I think we find that in tweetsville quite often. Someone makes some bogus claim and it gets pulled down. Even here on CF, I believe it's a lot more common that someone made a post that turns out wasn't correct and they go back and pull it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a post pulled because it contained some information that we weren't supposed to know.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Idk. Seems like we are being taught to believe what we are told not what we see. There's so much information out there it's hard to see the truth.

Thats because in a fallen world, there is no truth. The only absolute truth is Gods word. You can read all the data you want that has its roots in unbelief and will always come to the same destination, lies and inaccuracy's. Unless the original author is grounded in the word of God and is seeking his will, then its author whether by intent or influence will only arrive at a destination pre-determined by their spiritual status.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats because in a fallen world, there is no truth. The only absolute truth is Gods word. You can read all the data you want that has its roots in unbelief and will always come to the same destination, lies and inaccuracy's. Unless the original author is grounded in the word of God and is seeking his will, then its author whether by intent or influence will only arrive at a destination pre-determined by their spiritual status.

Hi AofD,

I don't think that's a true statement. There is truth in the world. Now, whether or not a particular source upholds such truths is the work that must be determined. Yes, God's word is true, but it does not contain all the 'truth' in the world. It doesn't mention a thing about water always seeking level, for instance. But we know that is a physical truth of the world. I would agree that a fallen world doesn't know spiritual truth or the truth of God.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi arc,

Well, I'd respectfully say that if you can't see it (the truth concerning this particular issue) then you just aren't looking. It is really quite impossible for me to even fathom 'how' anyone could be powerful enough to get every nation and most every medical professional and then pretty much every journalist that's reporting on the pandemic, to sustain some lie that supports some hidden agenda in all of this.

I mean, maybe if this pandemic and the reports of widespread infection and subsequent death totals, were limited to just the U.S. one might have a way to argue that some U.S. person of power is pulling some strings to have pretty much everyone in the country lying to us about the numbers. But, come on, the world over? This person or 'cabal' is powerful enough to get Great Britain in on it? France? Australia? Even Brazil says they've logged over 175,000 deaths. India says they have suffered 135,000 deaths. All of this is some lie perpetrated and carried on by some powerful political cabal? I'm sorry, but to me, that's about as conspiratorial as the claim that some make that the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks or the shooting deaths at so many of our schools. That the holocaust didn't happen! We've never landed on the moon!

If your eyes are unwilling or unable to see this pandemic for the event that it really is worldwide, then I suggest that you should open them. This idea that it's not really as serious as it is, is simply lunacy as far as I'm concerned. And that's a studied and measured response based on quite a lot of supporting evidence. Unlike the current 'fraud in the election' tale that's being spoon fed through the cabal of Trump's administration and supporters, the reality of the Covid crisis and resultant deaths is well grounded in verifiable facts and evidence.

This is one of the dangerous outflows of our leaders attempt to make us believe that competent and long standing journalistic sources are pushing 'fake news'. It just isn't true, as are the great, great majority of his claims, but it causes people unwilling to really research and seek the truth, to lose faith in our competent and long standing news sources. That will be a very dangerous phenomenon for our nation, or any nation, to deal with. If we just turn away from truth because it may not agree with what we believe? We're going to be in pretty serious trouble.

Now, so far there is only a minority of our nation that falls for all this glitz and glimmer fairy tale reality, but it does seem to be gaining ground. And the idea being pushed by our leadership makes it much more easy for the gullible to accept it.

Come on! Do the research! Don't just pick out one or two or a small sample of articles that agree with your understanding. Look over the broad breadth of coverage and weigh and investigate the claims made by each one. Just as in this case. A claim is being made that our death count isn't any higher than it normally is. Is that a true statement? Find out!!

I think the first tell-tale sign would be that the very institution of which this researcher is a student, denies the veracity of the study and it's findings. Further, while one might be swayed by the argument that the report was taken off the net shortly after it was put up, it is back and fully available to anyone who wants to read it. So, this idea that some cabal is hiding the truth from us, really doesn't wash in this instance.

God bless,
ted

I also believe the conspiracy theory about having to have a mark to buy sell trade. I believe in a God that we haven't seen. I believe all kinds of crazy things that most consider to be way out there. Do you not fall into this category also?

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Couldn't get to the JHU archived link you posted yet, but I will try again and comment later

Here is the CDC though

Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19

Graphically, this is the reported number of deaths in the united states week by week, from all causes (whether we got the cause right or not). The orange line is the 'threshold for excess deaths'. Crossing the orange line means 'something strange is happening and significantly more people are dying than expected'. (a slightly tougher than normal flu season for example, I think in 2018, guessing). You can see that in winter months we expect a normal increase in deaths nationwide every year.

View attachment 289543

My conclusion from this would be:

since about Feb 2020, 'something strange is happening and significantly more people are dying than expected'.

I call that 'something strange' Covid, but it's also societal response and impact to Covid -if there were 100 people who jumped off a building because they became unemployed during this time because Covid shut down their office, or they couldn't get medications they needed, they are on this graph too, and the cause of death was not viral, but rather the impact of virus (or the ground, as the case may be). But Covid is the direct or indirect cause of these deaths, no matter what is listed on the death certificate.

We have about one quarter million dead, listed as Covid, but I think you also have another 33% on top of that not listed, because they are recorded as heart attack or suicide or stroke, or 'found dead in apartment' correctly or incorrectly. But at any rate, they are ALL on the graph above.
CDC death statistics are about 2 months behind because deaths aren't reported in real time from most jurisdictions. We're going to see a fairly substantial increase in deaths in 2020. I would guess we go from 2.8 million to 3.3, maybe 3.4 million.

The problem with the Coronavirus deaths is that nearly everyone who dies of it has 2-3 comorbidities. If you're in a nursing home with dementia, heart disease and diabetes and you get Coronavirus and die, did you die of the virus or your other underlying problems? This is a fair question to pose.

Beyond the Coronavirus itself, people are delaying medical checkups and treatment. In the years to come we will see increased cancer and heart disease deaths because people aren't getting check ups and in many cases the government shut down these services for a significant length of time. People will die of government action but it will be months or years from now and no one will notice.

The amount of depression and anxiety cases are increasing both because of the virus hype and because of government action. Booze sales have never been higher and that will ultimately lead to medical problems associated with too much alcohol consumption.

For children, not being around other kids is bad socially and it's bad medically. They need to be around other people so that their bodies can learn to fight infection and become immune to certain viruses over time. Worse, the subpar education they have received online is going to create poverty that will be felt for a generation. This online garbage is going to hurt poor students, particularly minorities. Poverty causes all sorts of health problems.

In short, the overreaction is going to cause more health problems long term than the virus but no one bothers to think about it and no one questions the tyrannical governments and their orders. Orders are for people in dictatorships not free people living in republics. In any event, the cure has been worse than the disease.

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
In short, the overreaction is going to cause more health problems long term than the virus but no one bothers to think about it and no one questions the tyrannical governments and their orders. Orders are for people in dictatorships not free people living in republics. In any event, the cure has been worse than the disease.

Hi Redwing,
I think there is a lot of truth in your post. The issue I see is in your conclusion. It could be argued that we are underreacting to this crisis, but that aside many people are addressing these concerns. Schools administrators are agonizing over when and how to be open to students. Medical professionals are urging patients to not put off needed, routine healthcare. Parents are trying to figure out safe ways to socialize their children in what is turning out to be a much longer period of their development than expected. And I think we can all agree that people are questioning government orders ;)

The idea that this is a tyrannical overreacting is perhaps an understandable first reaction, but put in context we can see that this is really not unusual or overly onerous. We've dealt with plagues throughout history, sometimes in much more repressive ways. The government puts limits on individuals for the good of others all the time. We also have clear, if imperfect representation in a government that we've empowered to make laws and orders for the benefit of our society. We have rights and recourse against tyranny.

And besides, the bible is very clear about how we are to submit to our earthly authorities so long as it doesn't go against our Heavenly authority. I don't particularly want to all the time, but I am grateful to live in a time and place where we actually have some say in the matter.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also believe the conspiracy theory about having to have a mark to buy sell trade. I believe in a God that we haven't seen. I believe all kinds of crazy things that most consider to be way out there. Do you not fall into this category also?

Hi arc,

Well, I certainly am not one to consider that anything found in the Scriptures constitutes some 'conspiracy', but Scripture evidences are not what I'm referring to. I think your jumping from a general discussion or post concerning those who are subject to believing unproven and fairly outlandish claims that one would consider in the realm of 'conspiracy' to saying that they also believe the things found in the Scriptures is just a bit disingenuous.

But, I've always allowed that everyone is free to believe as they will.

The point of this discussion, conspiracy issues aside, is whether or not the information posted in the OP to begin this thread discussion is factual information that has been correctly discerned. According to the JH disclaimer, it would appear that certainly Johns Hopkins staff doesn't think so and so I would consider this information to be highly, highly suspect and needing some further study and verification of the claims.

So, I wrote you a link to the CDC website and I think one can pretty clearly see, that certainly on the page that I linked, since March, there has been a very noticeable increase in deaths over the expected norm for the past 9 months. That information directly contradicts what the writer of this paper has claimed and so the next step would be to ask them for their data to check it out. However, we aren't privy to that information and so we have to decide: Are we going to trust this paper that has already been thrown into question by the staff of JH, or are we going to believe the data that we pull down ourselves from the CDC website that seems to be pretty well in agreement with most every article written on the subject.

What you choose to believe is up to you.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually, when an article is found to have faulty data, a new article is published with corrected data and revised conclusions. The article doesn’t just disappear.

Hi SOTK,

That would be true of most articles found in news stories. However, this is just a flawed research paper that a student wrote up for the student paper of JHU. I don't think they get pulled and corrected.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They went all the way back to 2018 also and looked at the data. They found that there were no excess deaths. Covid just took away from heart disease, cancer etc.

Exactly right.

There’s been enough people come forward including doctors who’ve exposed that they are told to purposely inflate the numbers of deaths from COVID.

And people are waking up.

Comparisons of total deaths from every category for this year, shows there are no excess deaths - when they list heart attacks, and other causes of death as COVID deaths, that subtracts from deaths in that category, so the total of deaths from all categories, does not increase.

Here we have a virus with a 99% recovery rate, that doesn’t kill healthy children or even make them very sick, that 80% of healthy adults don’t even know they’ve been infected because the symptoms are so mild - yet they continue to force masks on us, when it’s been proven they don’t help against viruses (per the recent Denmark study of 12,000 people) and order lockdowns.

Obviously something is very wrong with this scenario.

Their agenda is to crash economies worldwide and set up the globalist reset.

And that’s conspiracy fact, not theory.

John Hopkins University put out their take on all the covid deaths or I should say lack of deaths. I have to use an archived page because the original disappeared. This is very interesting. If this is true we deserve to know what's going on.

A closer look at U.S. deaths due to COVID-19

Another link.
A few days ago Johns Hopkins published a study saying corona is nbd. They then deleted it. Read it here in its entirety.

Update: see some of the posts below. They contain an update as to why the article was pulled.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted a new link

Here’s Doctor Mercola, one of many exposing the truth, so of course he’s attacked constantly.

Here’s an overview then the video:

• There are currently no excess deaths while cases increase.
  • Data show many deaths — primarily people aged 45 to 65, with equal distribution between the sexes — are mainly due to heart disease, stroke and cancer, which suggests they are excess deaths caused by lack of routine medical care due to the pandemic restrictions
  • The PCR test is not a valid diagnostic tool and should not be done on the scale we’re now doing it. The high rate of false positives is only fodder for needless fearmongering
  • Virtually no one who is asymptomatic has the live virus, but when you run the test at a cycle threshold over 30, meaning you amplify the viral RNA more than 30 times, you end up with a positive test even if the virus is inactive and noninfectious
  • According to Michael Yeadon, Ph.D., a former vice-president and chief scientific adviser of the drug company Pfizer, very few people will need the COVID-19 vaccine as the mortality rate is so low and the illness is clearly not causing excess deaths.
Former Pfizer Science Officer Reveals Great COVID-19 Scam

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here’s Doctor Mercola, one of many exposing the truth, so of course he’s attacked constantly.

Here’s an overview then the video:

• There are currently no excess deaths while cases increase.
  • Data show many deaths — primarily people aged 45 to 65, with equal distribution between the sexes — are mainly due to heart disease, stroke and cancer, which suggests they are excess deaths caused by lack of routine medical care due to the pandemic restrictions
  • The PCR test is not a valid diagnostic tool and should not be done on the scale we’re now doing it. The high rate of false positives is only fodder for needless fearmongering
  • Virtually no one who is asymptomatic has the live virus, but when you run the test at a cycle threshold over 30, meaning you amplify the viral RNA more than 30 times, you end up with a positive test even if the virus is inactive and noninfectious
  • According to Michael Yeadon, Ph.D., a former vice-president and chief scientific adviser of the drug company Pfizer, very few people will need the COVID-19 vaccine as the mortality rate is so low and the illness is clearly not causing excess deaths.
Former Pfizer Science Officer Reveals Great COVID-19 Scam

we already debunked this nonsense above showing they are. repeating the lie just makes you look foolish.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi arc,

Well, I certainly am not one to consider that anything found in the Scriptures constitutes some 'conspiracy', but Scripture evidences are not what I'm referring to. I think your jumping from a general discussion or post concerning those who are subject to believing unproven and fairly outlandish claims that one would consider in the realm of 'conspiracy' to saying that they also believe the things found in the Scriptures is just a bit disingenuous.

But, I've always allowed that everyone is free to believe as they will.

The point of this discussion, conspiracy issues aside, is whether or not the information posted in the OP to begin this thread discussion is factual information that has been correctly discerned. According to the JH disclaimer, it would appear that certainly Johns Hopkins staff doesn't think so and so I would consider this information to be highly, highly suspect and needing some further study and verification of the claims.

So, I wrote you a link to the CDC website and I think one can pretty clearly see, that certainly on the page that I linked, since March, there has been a very noticeable increase in deaths over the expected norm for the past 9 months. That information directly contradicts what the writer of this paper has claimed and so the next step would be to ask them for their data to check it out. However, we aren't privy to that information and so we have to decide: Are we going to trust this paper that has already been thrown into question by the staff of JH, or are we going to believe the data that we pull down ourselves from the CDC website that seems to be pretty well in agreement with most every article written on the subject.

What you choose to believe is up to you.

God bless,
ted

Here is the latest. Just saw it a minute ago.

Author's Response to "A Closer Look at U.S. Deaths due to COVID-19"

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we already debunked this nonsense above showing they are. repeating the lie just makes you look foolish.

Who debunked it? They didn't put forth anything other than the information was being misused and pulled it. They offered nothing that proves the information was false. I'm just looking for some truth in all of this. Im not in that field of study and have to rely on the information that is out there. If I look foolish for seeking the truth then so be it. I'm a fool. I'm just a dumb Ole electrician nothing more nothing less. One of God's many children.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Orders are for people in dictatorships not free people living in republics.

It is pretty amazing that people feel they have should always have all the rights and none of the responsibilities.

Like being overweight if we talk about being medical issues. Huge strain to the Republic - literally. Think army said it was a single greatest issue they had trouble getting enough recruits to fight Republic’s wars.

Also bringing with it vast array of sociological, health and psychological issues.

But when government tries to decrease marketing of junk food, raise taxes for them or hold them accountable the hordes lobbyists start waging their freedom campaigns for people to have right to ruin their lives.

You have a freedom to make a right choice, you have freedom to find out knowledge and educate yourself on issues and act according to them.

If you choose not to do it and instead go for conspiracy theories, or easy answers and easy personal choices no matter how much they are damaging the Republic what moral right you have for the freedoms you are offered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who debunked it? They didn't put forth anything other than the information was being misused and pulled it. They offered nothing that proves the information was false. I'm just looking for some truth in all of this. Im not in that field of study and have to rely on the information that is out there. If I look foolish for seeking the truth then so be it. I'm a fool. I'm just a dumb Ole electrician nothing more nothing less. One of God's many children.

it's from the CDC it shows the excess deaths this year, it's far more trustworthy then someones opinion piece.

• Informative
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is pretty amazing that people feel they have should always have all the rights and none of the responsibilities.

Like being overweight if we talk about being medical issues. Huge strain to the Republic - literally. Think army said it was a single greatest issue they had trouble getting enough recruits to fight Republic’s wars.

Also bringing with it vast array of sociological, health and psychological issues.

But when government tries to decrease marketing of junk food, raise taxes for them or hold them accountable the hordes lobbyists start waging their freedom campaigns for people to have right to ruin their lives.

You have a freedom to make a right choice, you have freedom to find out knowledge and educate yourself on issues and act according to them.

If you choose not to do it and instead go for conspiracy theories, or easy answers and easy personal choices no matter how much they are damaging the Republic what moral right you have for the freedoms you are offered.

them, "When we want abortion banned it's not about rights or freedoms it's about a child right to live."
Also them, "When we don't want lockdowns and masks, it's not about a persons right to live, it's about our rights and freedoms."

Upvote 0