• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

The latest invader from Asia

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by jayem, May 5, 2020.

1. jayem

jayem Naturalist

+4,396
    Atheist
    Married
    Invasion of the Murder Hornets. Sounds like a cheapo 50s sci-fi flick. But these guys are seriously evil. Especially if you’re a honeybee.

Monstrous 'murder hornets' have reached the US | Live Science

When fried, they’re considered a delicacy in Japan. Honestly, I greatly respect and admire the Japanese. They’re a highly industrious and accomplished people. But what’s with their taste in food...pufferfish, and giant killer hornets? The more toxic the food, the more it’s prized. :scratch:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+1,085
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Perhaps it's a difference in attitudes about food. We see food as a commodity, with our consumerist and materialist worldview - something to be scarfed down and then we move on. It's not an art form. Whereas if food and food preparation are seen as an art, then it makes sense: it requires immense skill to be able to prepare a food that would otherwise be toxic, so it's a sign of the chef's craft and dedication.

Two disclaimers:
    (1) I'm guessing here, I don't know this to be 100% correct.
    (2) I recognize that I am making vast generalizations. Obviously some people in the US treat food as an art, and obviously some people in Japan don't.

3. Mantishand

Mantishand Member

+239
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wish I was in a heavy metal band just so I could name it “Murder Hornet”.

4. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,353
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I demand my Murder Hornet stimulus payment NOW!

5. Mantishand

Mantishand Member

+239
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Haha yes for sure.