St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Invasion of the Murder Hornets. Sounds like a cheapo 50s sci-fi flick. But these guys are seriously evil. Especially if you’re a honeybee.

Monstrous 'murder hornets' have reached the US | Live Science

When fried, they’re considered a delicacy in Japan. Honestly, I greatly respect and admire the Japanese. They’re a highly industrious and accomplished people. But what’s with their taste in food...pufferfish, and giant killer hornets? The more toxic the food, the more it’s prized. :scratch:

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
But what’s with their taste in food...pufferfish, and giant killer hornets? The more toxic the food, the more it’s prized.
Perhaps it's a difference in attitudes about food. We see food as a commodity, with our consumerist and materialist worldview - something to be scarfed down and then we move on. It's not an art form. Whereas if food and food preparation are seen as an art, then it makes sense: it requires immense skill to be able to prepare a food that would otherwise be toxic, so it's a sign of the chef's craft and dedication.

Two disclaimers:
(1) I'm guessing here, I don't know this to be 100% correct.
(2) I recognize that I am making vast generalizations. Obviously some people in the US treat food as an art, and obviously some people in Japan don't.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0