Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are several YouTube channels with videos showing people "allegedly" healing others of various pains on the streets and in various public locations (stores, parks etc.). One of the most notable one I've come across is this one: WINDSOR ON FIRE

After doing a little research, I found out that they do some sort of recruitment of disciples. They travel to various places and people go and meet them and they give these people "the power of the Holy Spirit" so they can heal other people too.

The whole thing is based on a movie from a few years ago called The Last Reformation, which is about this new religious movement that claims that all Christians can do miracles with the help of The Holy Spirit in Jesus' name. You can watch more about it here: The Last Reformation

There are other channels with street healers that claim to be using the power of The Holy Spirit to heal random passerbies of their pains.

What is your opinion about this? Are all these 'healings' staged (hired actors) or are they made with the power of the enemy?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My view of signs and wonders in these days, which i consider the times just before the return of Jesus, Is that Christians have to be very wary of them for two reasons..
1) Because their is a lot of fake scamming of Christians going on and it is fairly easy to set up a fake video of healing going on..
2) Because in the end times deceivers will have the ability to do false signs and lying wonders.. So that if it where possible they would fool even the very elect of God...

I am not saying that all modern signs and wonders are of satan.. I have been involved in two such events .. A healing and a partial healing.. But i am sure that miracles are being performed with the assistance of demonic spirits.. We read in the Bible a very serious warning of what will be happening in the last days::

2 Thessalonians 2: KJV
3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; {4} Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. {5} Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? {6} And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. {7} For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. {8} And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: {9} Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, {10} And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. {11} And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: {12} That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

So God will allow false miracles to happen in the end times to cause people who have rejected the Love of the truth ( the true Gospel message of the LORD Jesus Christ) to believe in a lie and be lead into eternal destruction.. We read that on the day of Judgement many of these people who believed that they where serving Jesus and performing miracles will be rejected by Jesus:::

Matthew 7: KJV

21 "¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. {22} Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? {23} And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So these people declare Jesus as Lord on the day of judgement and they did these things thinking they where serving Jesus.. But in the end Jesus casts them out..

So the most important thing i believe in these times is to look past any miracles or signs being performed and wait to see what doctrines and teachings the ones doing them believe and preach..

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul wrote to the Corinthians that all gifts would continue until the day of Christ's return, so unless Jesus has come back and left us all behind that day has not come yet which means gifts and the working of the Holy Spirit to do healing and battle the Kingdom of Darkness remains!

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are you so sure they are fake that you don't even give the option that they are legitimate?

What scriptural proof do you have for your statements?

@Alithis
I'm not sure that they're fake. I'm asking you what your opinion is about this new Christian movement called The Last Reformation, which preaches that all humans can perform miracles with the help of The Holy Spirit if they follow a set of rules that they teach in their videos.

Reactions: ByTheSpirit
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
There are several YouTube channels with videos showing people "allegedly" healing others of various pains on the streets and in various public locations (stores, parks etc.). One of the most notable one I've come across is this one: WINDSOR ON FIRE

After doing a little research, I found out that they do some sort of recruitment of disciples. They travel to various places and people go and meet them and they give these people "the power of the Holy Spirit" so they can heal other people too.

The whole thing is based on a movie from a few years ago called The Last Reformation, which is about this new religious movement that claims that all Christians can do miracles with the help of The Holy Spirit in Jesus' name. You can watch more about it here: The Last Reformation

There are other channels with street healers that claim to be using the power of The Holy Spirit to heal random passerbies of their pains.

What is your opinion about this? Are all these 'healings' staged (hired actors) or are they made with the power of the enemy?

If it looks too good to be true then it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not sure that they're fake. I'm asking you what your opinion is about this new Christian movement called The Last Reformation, which preaches that all humans can perform miracles with the help of The Holy Spirit if they follow a set of rules that they teach in their videos.

If that were true they would go into the nearest hospital and heal all the patients, with doctors there to verify the cases.

You won't find them doing that, for good reason. It is all a fake.

The Holy Spirit does not need any of us to follow any 'rules' before he heals.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So I used to be part of the group, am no longer. I do believe in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit being in operation today, and that demons do exist and can affect people.

I am no longer part of the group for personal reasons although I do disagree with them on how they go about doing their ministry, which I won't go into here fully, only saying that I believe if someone needs deliverance from a demon that should be done before they are baptized not after. That is my main complaint against them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If that were true they would go into the nearest hospital and heal all the patients, with doctors there to verify the cases.

Oh bologna, Jesus didn't even go into sick wards and "heal everyone" so get that nonsense outta here.

I'm not here to defend all people that claim to have deliverance ministries as I know many are fake. But this lame excuse of "why don't they go to hospitals" is about as old as the earth is.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh bologna, Jesus didn't even go into sick wards and "heal everyone" so get that nonsense outta here.

I'm not here to defend all people that claim to have deliverance ministries as I know many are fake. But this lame excuse of "why don't they go to hospitals" is about as old as the earth is.

Jesus didn't go into sick wards?

WHAT sick wards?

Good grief!

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't go into sick wards?

WHAT sick wards?

Good grief!

So sick wards didn't exist in his day? That is news to me... I thought Luke was a physician.

Let's look at the evidence.

Even if they didn't exist in the modern sense who did Jesus heal?

He healed all who came to him.

Then he heard only those the Holy Spirit showed him. Look at John 5... when he was in Solomons Colonnade there was a "multitude of sick and lame" people there yet Jesus healed only one... why?

When Jesus was being mobbed by people in Luke 8 he healed only one, why?

This nonsense of "just go to hospitals" blah blah blah is garbage and completely false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
So sick wards didn't exist in his day? That is news to me... I thought Luke was a physician.

Let's look at the evidence.

Even if they didn't exist in the modern sense who did Jesus heal?

He healed all who came to him.

Then he heard only those the Holy Spirit showed him. Look at John 5... when he was in Solomons Colonnade there was a "multitude of sick and lame" people there yet Jesus healed only one... why?

When Jesus was being mobbed by people in Luke 8 he healed only one, why?

This nonsense of "just go to hospitals" blah blah blah is garbage and completely false.

There were no hospitals in first century Judea.

• Agree
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

To be fair, Jesus Himself said that some demons are so strong that it is required for us to live a very "saintly" life in order to have a chance of casting them away or even to oppose them.

See Matthew 17:21. The apostles had been given powers to cast demons away by Jesus, but failed in one particular instance because they hadn't fasted.

I'm guessing that God has very high standards and requires certain rules to be followed when it comes to sending The Holy Spirit upon people to help them perform miracles.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
To be fair, Jesus Himself said that some demons are so strong that it is required for us to live a very "saintly" life in order to have a chance of casting them away or even to oppose them.

See Matthew 17:21. The apostles had been given powers to cast demons away by Jesus, but failed in one particular instance because they hadn't fasted.

I'm guessing that God has very high standards and requires certain rules to be followed when it comes to sending The Holy Spirit upon people to help them perform miracles.

No. None of that.

The power is not ours, dependent on our own sanctity or our ability to stay holy enough. The power is all from God.

The moment we step from depending 100% on God and knowing that the power is all his and dependent ONLY on him we step away from Christianity and towards magic. That magic may or may not work, but it isn't Christianity any more.

If the disciples had to fast it was to remind them to stay dependent 100% on God. It was not to give them magical powers.

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No. None of that.

The power is not ours, dependent on our own sanctity or our ability to stay holy enough. The power is all from God.

The moment we step from depending 100% on God and knowing that the power is all his and dependent ONLY on him we step away from Christianity and towards magic. That magic may or may not work, but it isn't Christianity any more.

If the disciples had to fast it was to remind them to stay dependent 100% on God. It was not to give them magical powers.
I never claimed that the power doesn't belong to God. What I stated is that God requires particular rituals to be performed by humans in order for Him to bless us with His presence and help.

We can see this in The Old Testament too. God authorized sacrifices only at the temple in Jerusalem and only during certain days, although there were altars dedicated to Him in other places (e.g.: the stone pillars that Joshua built to praise God). If the Israelites tried to worship God or bring offerings in other places, God would not accept them. This goes beyond the idea of showing dependency on God. It shows that you have to not only worship God, but also worship Him in the way that He wants, by doing what He wants you to do at the place and at the time He wants you to do it.

If we come to The New Testament, we can also see what happened to the sons of Sceva in Acts 19:11-20. They tried to cast demons, not by their own power, but by invoking the name of The Lord Jesus, showing dependency on God, but failed to do so and were harmed by the possessed man. Did they claim to have the powers themselves? No. They clearly mentioned Jesus' authority, but still failed for some reason. Which goes to show that there's something more to it than just being dependent on God. It's also about following a certain set of instructions that God gives us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We can all each experience miracles.
Performing them is off the table.

Discover Answered Prayer! -Click Here-

Upvote 0