The LAST enemy is DESTROYED at Christ's coming. Destroyed means destroyed!

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Premillennialism teaches that Christ will return to earth to set up his kingdom for a thousand years, and that satan will be bound. After the thousand years expires satan will be loosed to wreak havoc again.

But Paul CLEARLY stated that at his coming Christ's reign ENDS and that ALL his enemies are to be DESTROYED. Therefore, satan will NOT be bound and then loosed a thousand years after Christ returns. Satan will be DESTROYED when Christ returns (Amillennialism, Postmillennialism).

Paul CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY stated that when Christ returns his reign ENDS and that ALL his enemies are DESTROYED

4 Then comes the END, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The LAST enemy that will be DESTROYED is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

There it is stated as CLEAR as day! When Christ returns his reign ENDS and ALL his enemies are DESTROYED. There is no time for an earthly reign. There is no enemy to be bound and then loosed a thousand years later. At his coming ALL his enemies are DESTROYED. Albert Barnes says in his commentary that this is the "common interpretation held for all time." And the Council of Ephesus condemned Premillennialism as a "superstitious aberration" in AD431.

Destroyed means destroyed!!

Last edited:

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Premillennialism teaches that Christ will return to earth to set up his kingdom for a thousand years, and that satan will be bound. After the thousand years expires satan will be loosed to wreak havoc again.

But Paul CLEARLY stated that at his coming Christ's reign ENDS and that ALL his enemies are to be DESTROYED. Therefore, satan will NOT be bound and then loosed a thousand years after Christ returns. Satan will be DESTROYED when Christ returns (Amillennialism, Postmillennialism).

Paul CLEARLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY stated that when Christ returns his reign ENDS and that ALL his enemies are DESTROYED

4 Then comes the END, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The LAST enemy that will be DESTROYED is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

There it is stated as CLEAR as day! When Christ returns his reign ENDS and ALL his enemies are DESTROYED. There is no time for an earthly reign. There is no enemy to be bound and then loosed a thousand years later. At his coming ALL his enemies are DESTROYED. Albert Barnes says in his commentary that this is the "common interpretation held for all time." And the Council of Ephesus condemned Premillennialism as a "superstitious aberration" in AD431.

Destroyed means destroyed!!

Exactly!

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Premillennialism teaches that Christ will return to earth to set up his kingdom for a thousand years, 4 Then comes the END, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The LAST enemy that will be DESTROYED is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
There it is stated as CLEAR as day! When Christ returns his reign ENDS and ALL his enemies are DESTROYED. There is no time for an earthly reign. There is no enemy to be bound and then loosed a thousand years later. At his coming ALL his enemies are DESTROYED.
Except that you left out a few words: SUCH AS Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. :28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth—This promise to the meek is but a repetition of Psalms 37:11
overcoming, they "inherit all things" (Revelation 21:7). Thus are the meek the only rightful occupants of a foot of ground or a crust of bread here, and heirs of all coming things. People's Commentary (NT)
Is 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Is 57:13 When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
Ps 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.
David proclaims the reward of the upright:
He shall give you the desires of your heart. . . He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. . . . But those who wait on the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. . . . But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. . . . [T]heir inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied. . . . For those who are blessed by Him shall inherit the earth. . . . [T]hey are preserved forever. . . . The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell in it forever. . . . He shall exalt you to inherit the land. . . . But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord. (verses 4, 6, 9, 11, 18-19, 22, 28-29, 34, 39)John W. Ritenbaugh
Ps 65:9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Upvote 0