provincial
✟761,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do the scriptures speak about the Lane as being intellectually lame as well as physically or does lame only denote physicality?

I'm feeling pretty lame on both accounts. Should I feel guilty at my intellectual lameness? What can I do to be more robust for the Lord?

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do the scriptures speak about the Lane as being intellectually lame as well as physically or does lame only denote physicality?

I'm feeling pretty lame on both accounts. Should I feel guilty at my intellectual lameness? What can I do to be more robust for the Lord?

Strong's Concordance
chólos: lame, halt, maimed --- Usage: lame, deprived of a foot, limping.
Original Word: χωλός, ή, όν
Phonetic Spelling: (kho-los')
Definition: lame, halt, maimed

:satisfied:

7 Ways to Strengthen Your Christian Faith
Get to know God on a deeper level.

7 Ways to Strengthen Your Christian Faith

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In a word - NO

In many cases the intellect gets in the way of faith.

Unless you become as a little child you cannot enter the kingdom of God.

God has chosen to use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

Beautiful gifts like Mercy, Gentleness and Love do not require intellect.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If you are realizing that you are intellectually lame, it's the first step to humility and spiritual growth. There was a time in my life that I groaned over my own inability to understand what I was reading in the Bible. I suppose God wanted me to fear Him, since it says "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." For those who want to be wise and understanding, here is an encouraging verse:
Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

And another one to rebuke the intellectually proud:
1 Cor. 8:2 "If anyone supposes that he knows anything, he has not yet known as he ought to know."
TD:)

Upvote 0