The Lake of Fire revealed!

Daveon

May 11, 2005
✟144.00
Faith
Christian
The Lake of Fire burning with Brimstone is spiritual. The symbolism revealed!

Lake symbolizes Water
- Washing of regeneration
- Baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins - Baptised in Water [Lake]
- Being born of water - Rebirth

Fire symbolizes Spirit
- The Renewing of the Holy Spirit
- Baptism of Fire - Salted with Fire
- Being born of Spirit - Rebirth

(John 3:5)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

Brimstone symbolizes Purification
- Used in the purification of temples - The greeks burned brimstone to purify their temples of worship
- Consecration - To make Holy unto God
- Being cleansed of sin - Sanctification

(1 Corinthians 3:16)
Don’t you know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Torment symbolizes Suffering
- Trial by Fire
- Affliction - Way of the Cross
- Being chastised by God - Disiplinary punishment of sinners

(Acts 4:22)
We must through much tribulation [suffering] enter the kingdom of God.

(Hebrews 12:5-7)
My sons, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

Second Death symbolizes the Death of the Sinful nature
- Dying to Sin [second death] - Releases us from the law of sin and death
- Death of the old man - Crucifying the Flesh
- To pass from death to life - Transformation into spiritual creatures in Christ
- Being redeemed from the power of Death and Hades [grave] - Made incorruptible and Immortal

(Romans 6:6)
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin because anyone who has died [second death] has been freed from sin.

To be cast into the spiritual Lake of Fire burning with Brimstone is to be baptized of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] consecrating [With Brimstone] the temple of God.

Reactions: Biarien

ChristianDude777

Apr 14, 2005
Georgia
✟16,919.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Daveon said:

To be cast into the spiritual Lake of Fire burning with Brimstone is to be baptized of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] consecrating [With Brimstone] the temple of God.

This is really interesting but there are a few things that don't quite fit...

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The devil, the beast and the false prophet won't be baptized with water nor the Spirit. Neither those who aren't written in the Book of Life.

Or have I completely missed the point of this thread..?? :scratch:

Tim L.

Upvote 0

Mea Culpa

Mar 18, 2004
✟35,280.00
Faith
Christian
Daveon said:

Lake symbolizes Water

Fire symbolizes Spirit

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water [Lake] and the Spirit [Fire] he cannot enter the Kingdom of God.

- Used in the purification of temples - The greeks burned brimstone to purify their temples of worship

Don’t you know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

- Trial by Fire

My sons, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; for whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

- To pass from death to life - Transformation into spiritual creatures in Christ
- Being redeemed from the power of Death and Hades [grave] - Made incorruptible and Immortal

For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin because anyone who has died [second death] has been freed from sin.

The devil is going to be born again?

Upvote 0

ScottBot

Revolutionary
May 2, 2005
a state of desperation
✟57,712.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mea Culpa said:
The devil is going to be born again?
Apparently, Satan and his demons are going to be water baptised and born again into the kingdom, as are all of the unrepentent sinners and those who reject the Lamb.

Upvote 0

Archangel

Sith Lord
Jun 3, 2004
Northern Ireland
✟1,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if this is true...then why bother becoming a Christian...since apparently everyone including satan and the demonic will enter into eternal bliss with God.

Aw well..guess i can go out and sin all i want now cause it doesnt matter...also jesus teachings about holines...yea they are just a pile of cra p that dont matte, so yea lets now bother living by them lets all sin cause we all go to heaven anyway....right?

Upvote 0

Mea Culpa

Mar 18, 2004
✟35,280.00
Faith
Christian
Scott_LaFrance said:
Apparently, Satan and his demons are going to be water baptised and born again into the kingdom, as are all of the unrepentent sinners and those who reject the Lamb.

Ah! That's what I thought.

Why become a Christian indeed, if this were true. Might as well follow Satans lead...

I am sorry, but this theory is seriously flawed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billywhizz

Jun 6, 2005
✟256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mea Culpa said:
Ah! That's what I thought.

Why become a Christian indeed, if this were true. Might as well follow Satans lead...

I am sorry, but this theory is seriously flawed.

No more than burning eternally in hell by a God who is love.

emphasis being on'IS'

if we are capable of doing good thinks out of our love, how much more the Father who is in heaven

GOD 'IS' LOVE

I think if we were honest with ourselves we think that we deserve heaven and others dont because we have been good all our lives

Thankfully Gods ways are different to ours.

yours
rob

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Billy whiz

I think if we were honest with ourselves we think that we deserve heaven and others dont because we have been good all our lives
Thankfully Gods ways are different to ours.

People who think like this are simply deceiving themselves,

Ac 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Being a "good person" is not how we get into the kingdom of God, We work good works because we are saved, Not to get saved.

As to the lake of fire it is for people whith out Christ. Whether they were good or not,

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

yashua

Jun 18, 2005
In any cardboard box.
✟1,056.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Daveon said:

Lake symbolizes Water

Fire symbolizes Spirit

- Trial by Fire

Ever heard of L.Ray Smith
He does one of the most scriptual studies on the lake of fire that you might find very intresting? just type in the name you'll find the site.

Upvote 0

Ainesis

Leaning on Him
May 28, 2004
Visit site
✟3,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Daveon said:

This was an interesting post. Like the others, however, I don't think it is accurate. Is their any reasoning for the parallels you see as indicated? They seem to be a bit of a stretch or maybe i am just missing your context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spiritualyalive

Apr 24, 2005
✟526.00
Faith
Christian
The reasoning behind not wanting to believe that the lake of fire is literal is because people reject that a loving God can through a so-called good person in it and still be loving. The truth of the matter is that, you yourself step on Jesus, spite in his face, and wipe your feet on him, and aount the blood of the covenant a unholy thing to get to hell. If a person goes to the lake of fire it's because thats what they wanted and they fully deserved it. All sins shall be forgiven to man but ONE and it shall be never forgiven not in this life or the life to come. If one does not accept the REAL Jesus, he has comitted blashemy against the Holy Spirit and this shall never be forgiven. One in this state deserves everything he has coming to him. One has to reject, turn his back on the Holy Spirit to not believe in the real Jesus. If one has not turned his back on the Holy Spirit one will accept the real Jesus because it's imposible to not accept him once who you know who he is and the truth of the matter.:clap: TRUTH sets us free when we accept it.

Upvote 0