The Kurds might not be able to hold against ISIS

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What fascinates me is how in the world France is offering sanctuary to those fleeing Iraq and yet we in the U.S have seemed to not be concerned.

Some of this, of course, is not surprising when seeing the ways that others in the U.S are being deported (even if they are elderly or children) despite where they are fleeing from the violence of dictators or drug-cartels in the Latin American world (often aided in their development by the U.S) and being fearful of immigration reform laws passed. And thus, we should not be surprised that either Iraqi or Syrian Christians would be treated the same.

When considering the entire debate on immigration and how many have been so focused on the Hispanic/Latino world coming in and yet ignoring where the issue also applies extensively to groups from the Middle East seeking refuge (just as it did in times past with groups coming in to escape harsh times - from those in the Asian world to those in the British Isles and elsewhere), it is interesting to see the ways we in the U.S are very selective.

With many coming over back in 2011, it was the case that 14,000 refugees were placed “on hold” overseas since June of that year, creating a “massive” backlog. As said best elsewhere (from BosNewsLife – Christian News Agency » Blog Archive » U.S. Denies Entry To “Thousands” Of “Persecuted” Iraqi Christians (UPDATE) ):
Nearly half of all Iraqi refugees – 47 percent – were being denied entry to the U.S. because of the new security measures which block anyone with “irregularities” in their case review, Mills said. Irregularities – such as gaps in documentation – are common because many refugees flee their homes at a moment’s notice, often with no official papers. Many Middle Easterners, Iraqis in particular, have similar names and a refugee can be mistakenly confused with a name on a terror watchlist.​

This issue also happened back in 2007 (as seen in Iraqi Refugees Find No Haven in US | The Nation ) - and Similar dynamics also happened with the Egyptians as well..

And on where others have been doing very excellent work trying to address the matter:

The situation of mass exodus/immigration that has arisen for the Iraqi Christians /Muslim minorities suffering severe persecution by others after U.S intervention in the area ...their being denied entry into the U.S is similar to what happened to other groups enduring the same, like the Hmong who were abandoned by the U.S after what happened with governments waging wars by proxy in Laos and the U.S lost, abandoning those they called to their side to others...and then having it where those groups were not acknowledged by the U.S when they sought refuge. Battles by proxy have led to so much damage (more shared in The New War in Iraq: US Occupation Shifts to Proxy Subversion | Global Research and US-NATO Proxy War in Iraq and Syria: US Financing and Training of “Moderate” ISIS Rebels in Syria | Global Research and The Battle for Iraq Is a Saudi War on Iran and In Escalating War Of Words, Saudi Arabia Fires Back At Iraq, Warns Of Civil War, Opposes Foreign Intervention | Zero Hedge).

Politics...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ISIS needs to be stopped. What is going on should NOT be tolerated.
Praying it'd be addressed directly and that others doing the mess occurring would be brought to Justice

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes they are in Lebanon now

Sunni insurgents 'seize Iraq's biggest dam' in defeat for Kurdish forces | World news | theguardian.com

One irony here is that if they reach any further towards Israels Northern border Hezbollah and Israel and indeed even Hamas may be fighting on the same side against them. That is if they can glance up long enough from their bickering to notice the machetes aimed at their heads.
Intersting.
It almost appears to be similar to the greek word #3162/3163 :confused:

Luke 21:24
"And they shall be falling by mouthof sword/macairaV <3162>, and they shall be being led into captivity into all the Nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.

Reve 13:10
If any to-captivity, into captivity is going away.
If any in sword/macaira <3162> to be killed, is binding him in sword/macaira <3162> to be killed.
Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.

machaira makh'-ahee-rah probably feminine of a presumed derivative of 3163; a knife, i.e. dirk; figuratively, war, judicial punishment:--sword.
3163. mache makh'-ay from 3164; a battle, i.e. (figuratively) controversy:--fighting, strive, striving.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,990.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);66128576 said:

It is a very good link. You want to believe the best about people and look for the good in them but with ISIS that is definitely a challenge. Their brutality gives them a mastery of the all important fear factor that dominates the Islamic world. I do not think they are afraid of the Kurds or the Iraqi government and I do not see either holding against them at their current level of performance. Though taking the Kurds homelands could prove costly to ISIS. NATO can do a lot short of committing ground troops. I wonder what Turkeys perspective is on providing bases this time round. ISIS are even giving Islamists like Erdogan reason to pause for thought.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's absolutely Satanic what is being done.
Thank you for that link.
I posted it on the News and Current evenst board for those interested....

http://www.christianforums.com/t7836240/

Chaldean Christian leader: ISIS 'Systematically Beheading' Children In Iraq | Gospelherald.com

A prominent Christian leader of the Chaldean community unveiled the "systematic beheading of children" and other horrendous crimes committed by ISIS. He said that the Sunni extremists are committing genocide against Christians in Iraq and with the aim to instill the Sharia Law as the law of the land.

In the interview with CNN's Jonathan Mann, Chaldean-American businessman Mark Arabo said that the "world hasn't seen an evil like this for generations."
progress.gif

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is a very good link. You want to believe the best about people and look for the good in them but with ISIS that is definitely a challenge. Their brutality gives them a mastery of the all important fear factor that dominates the Islamic world. I do not think they are afraid of the Kurds or the Iraqi government and I do not see either holding against them at their current level of performance. Though taking the Kurds homelands could prove costly to ISIS. NATO can do a lot short of committing ground troops. I wonder what Turkeys perspective is on providing bases this time round. ISIS are even giving Islamists like Erdogan reason to pause for thought.
What's interesting is that as crazy as the ISIS is and harmful to both Arabic Christians as well as other Muslim Minorities harmed, it seems the most powerful weapon that they cannot stand against is the one thing which seems to be a threat to many - and that's love.

I do not say that lightly - as I am reminded of Others who are seeking to do much in order to change the situations for the better. For reference, one can go to Crisis Response International – Crisis In Iraq and Learning to love the 'enemy' in Iraq – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

As said there:
"There is a lesson to learn from the fatwa that called for our death: It’s not violence or pre-emptive strikes that terrify the terrorists. They need violence to be done against them to justify their cause.

But pre-emptive love — shown through heart surgeries or simple hospitality — upends our simplistic stories and threatens hatred everywhere."

Or, in the words of the fatwa issued against our work: “We must stop [these heart surgeries] lest it lead our children and their parents to love their enemies!”

Hate will only produce hate - and that is exactly what fuels those who do evil.

It's interesting to consider the issue when examining violence and evils done from differing contexts - for evil is evil and murder is murder....and yet the ways it has been conquered have been consistent all over the world. others have worked with people who didn't have the best attitudes---and yet, investment was placed into them...and over time, what won those people over was how others not only put up with them, but loved them despite themselves to show how radical their love was. Many testimonies I've heard about such in doing street ministry with people when they look back and say "I don't know why that person was always so patient with me even when I cursed them out/was evil---but it challenged me greatly!!!!!"

If you've ever heard of the book/movie entitled "Cross and Switchblade", you'll know what I mean. The book is a account of the late David WIlkerson, who did ministry work in the inner city with gangs...and with one of the gang leaders who continually tried to harm him, David Wilkerson reached out to him. His live was forever touched by the words of Wilkerson after Nicky Cruz threatened to kill the preacher. David told Nicky:

"You can cut me up in a million pieces and lay them in the street..Every piece would still say I love you."

The acts of love Nicky recieved so showed him the power of grace that he has been forever transformed...and now does amazing work amongst gangs. For more:

Nicky Cruz testimony: Gangs to God

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The world has lost it's balls since Iraq/Afghanistan. The public relations disaster that was, has led to Britain and the United States being totally ineffective at stopping the spread of ISIS.

ISIS is spreading BECAUSE the US and Britain destabilized Iraq. I'm not saying nothing should be done, but what you call losing our balls, I call realizing that good intentions pave the path to hell.

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Gxg (G²) said:
What's interesting is that as crazy as the ISIS is and harmful to both Arabic Christians as well as other Muslim Minorities harmed, it seems the most powerful weapon that they cannot stand against is the one thing which seems to be a threat to many - and that's love. I do not say that lightly - as I am reminded of Others who are seeking to do much in order to change the situations for the better. For reference, one can go to Crisis Response International – Crisis In Iraq and Learning to love the 'enemy' in Iraq – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs As said there: Hate will only produce hate - and that is exactly what fuels those who do evil. It's interesting to consider the issue when examining violence and evils done from differing contexts - for evil is evil and murder is murder....and yet the ways it has been conquered have been consistent all over the world. others have worked with people who didn't have the best attitudes---and yet, investment was placed into them...and over time, what won those people over was how others not only put up with them, but loved them despite themselves to show how radical their love was. Many testimonies I've heard about such in doing street ministry with people when they look back and say "I don't know why that person was always so patient with me even when I cursed them out/was evil---but it challenged me greatly!!!!!" If you've ever heard of the book/movie entitled "Cross and Switchblade", you'll know what I mean. The book is a account of the late David WIlkerson, who did ministry work in the inner city with gangs...and with one of the gang leaders who continually tried to harm him, David Wilkerson reached out to him. His live was forever touched by the words of Wilkerson after Nicky Cruz threatened to kill the preacher. David told Nicky: The acts of love Nicky recieved so showed him the power of grace that he has been forever transformed...and now does amazing work amongst gangs. For more: Nicky Cruz testimony: Gangs to God NIcKy CruZ's { former GaNG Leader } testimony

Thanks, I'm gonna watch that movie later.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The world has lost it's balls since Iraq/Afghanistan. The public relations disaster that was, has led to Britain and the United States being totally ineffective at stopping the spread of ISIS.

Why should the US get mixed up in this civil war?

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,990.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gxg (G²);66128712 said:
What's interesting is that as crazy as the ISIS is and harmful to both Arabic Christians as well as other Muslim Minorities harmed, it seems the most powerful weapon that they cannot stand against is the one thing which seems to be a threat to many - and that's love.

I do not say that lightly - as I am reminded of Others who are seeking to do much in order to change the situations for the better. For reference, one can go to Crisis Response International – Crisis In Iraq and Learning to love the 'enemy' in Iraq – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

As said there:

Hate will only produce hate - and that is exactly what fuels those who do evil.

It's interesting to consider the issue when examining violence and evils done from differing contexts - for evil is evil and murder is murder....and yet the ways it has been conquered have been consistent all over the world. others have worked with people who didn't have the best attitudes---and yet, investment was placed into them...and over time, what won those people over was how others not only put up with them, but loved them despite themselves to show how radical their love was. Many testimonies I've heard about such in doing street ministry with people when they look back and say "I don't know why that person was always so patient with me even when I cursed them out/was evil---but it challenged me greatly!!!!!"

If you've ever heard of the book/movie entitled "Cross and Switchblade", you'll know what I mean. The book is a account of the late David WIlkerson, who did ministry work in the inner city with gangs...and with one of the gang leaders who continually tried to harm him, David Wilkerson reached out to him. His live was forever touched by the words of Wilkerson after Nicky Cruz threatened to kill the preacher. David told Nicky:

The acts of love Nicky recieved so showed him the power of grace that he has been forever transformed...and now does amazing work amongst gangs. For more:

Nicky Cruz testimony: Gangs to God

If love is to be our banner then I think I see this situation very differently to you. Love for the victims and the potential victims of the genocide these guys are unleashing, love for the God they blaspheme with their beheadings of Christian children is what motivates me. Individuals like the son of the founder of Hamas have been converted but in this case the group and its story needs breaking in the military arena also.

I live in Germany and the Nazis and Gestapo were not defeated by someone sharing the gospel with the monsters that used to rule here. They were stopped by brave soldiers on the front line who fought for the love of country and for a world that was not dominated by the evil that dominated their enemies.

ISISs momentum of growth needs to be broken but the surrounding powers are still playing games against each other with the rise of this power and the Americans lack the political capital to intervene.

It may have to get a lot worse before people realise what is going on and decide to intervene. I just hope that when the right people act it is not too late to stop a bloodbath in the region.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If love is to be our banner then I think I see this situation very differently to you. Love for the victims and the potential victims of the genocide these guys are unleashing, love for the God they blaspheme with their beheadings of Christian children is what motivates me. Individuals like the son of the founder of Hamas have been converted but in this case the group and its story needs breaking in the military arena also.

I live in Germany and the Nazis and Gestapo were not defeated by someone sharing the gospel with the monsters that used to rule here. They were stopped by brave soldiers on the front line who fought for the love of country and for a world that was not dominated by the evil that dominated their enemies.

ISISs momentum of growth needs to be broken but the surrounding powers are still playing games against each other with the rise of this power and the Americans lack the political capital to intervene.

It may have to get a lot worse before people realise what is going on and decide to intervene. I just hope that when the right people act it is not too late to stop a bloodbath in the region.
I am sure America is working with allies in trying to come up with a solution, and I have heard they have been considering air strikes against ISIS for awhile.
I just pray we do not send fresh US ground troops in there until other options have been used up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Unless this is the true colours of Islam, then surely it must be a problem for Muslim leaders and communities and Muslims in general, they should be the first to intervene, because if it is not true Islam, it is very damaging for their image.
If for example Iran is not ok with it, surely they have resources to stop them.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am sure America is working with allies in trying to come up with a solution, and I have heard they have been considering air strikes against ISIS for awhile.
I just pray we do not send fresh US ground troops in there until other options have been used up.

That's only if Obama chooses to take time out off the golf course and/or fundraising to actually address this situation.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟626,034.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

If America did not spread so much negative propaganda about Iran,
instead tried to find some common ground along with other nations, there maybe a light at the end of the tunnel.

WW2, US, Britain,Russia and others were allies, they had the same enemy, so
in that way they found common ground.

Unfortunately the way US treat Russia today, it is as if WW2 never was, Russians sacrificed most,

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's only if Obama chooses to take time out off the golf course and/or fundraising to actually address this situation.
I need to learn that game!

Upvote 0