Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
Are you trying to say there is no universe and that you and I do not exist? Is that what your facts lead you to conclude?

Johnny, even your reading comprehension skills are better than that.

Can you verify that this universe was created by any God, let alone yours?

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
JohnR7 said:
Are you trying to say there is no universe and that you and I do not exist? Is that what your facts lead you to conclude?

If I was trying to say that, John, I would have said it and not beaten around the bush. I'm not you.

Please show me how you could exactly infer that from my statement.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
Can you verify that this universe was created by any God, let alone yours?

Of course I can, because the Bible says so. What more do you need? Well, you may seem to think that you need more, but God seems to think it is enough. He is the one that will be testing you. So if you pass or fail, that is up to you.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
Of course I can, because the Bible says so. What more do you need?

A shred of physical evidence might be nice.

Otherwise, it's not nearly the "known fact" that you claim.

Well, you may seem to think that you need more, but God seems to think it is enough.

None of which you have any proof of -- still not a "known fact."

He is the one that will be testing you. So if you pass or fail, that is up to you.

Creationist tactic # 26: When logic fails, implied or explicit threats to sic God on someone are the norm.

And that's a known fact.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
A shred of physical evidence might be nice.

There is lots and lots of physical evidence that the Bible is true. You know that without faith it is impossible to please God. If you want to please God then you have to use your faith. Faith works and science time and again has demonstrated that Faith gets results.

It is your choice, your way or God's way. If your so vain as to thing your way is better then God's way, then you alone will be stuck with the consequences of that decision. I am convinced that God's way is the better way to go and way better then my way of doing things.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
Otherwise, it's not nearly the "known fact" that you claim.

Archeology has established lots of "known facts" about the Bible. Science for hundreds of years collected "known facts" that shows the truth of the Bible. You need to come out of your darkness and walk in the light. You need to come out of the lies and the deception and walk in the truth.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
JohnR7 said:
Archeology has established lots of "known facts" about the Bible. Science for hundreds of years collected "known facts" that shows the truth of the Bible. You need to come out of your darkness and walk in the light. You need to come out of the lies and the deception and walk in the truth.

Like what? And for future reference: assume someone is going to ask for examples every time, and just provide them at the outset.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:

Archeology has proven God?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
There is lots and lots of physical evidence that the Bible is true.

The Bible is God?

You know that without faith it is impossible to please God.

I don't know this; it's a fabrication of other people's religion.

If you want to please God then you have to use your faith. Faith works and science time and again has demonstrated that Faith gets results.

If this were true, you've have evidence. But you don't.

It is your choice, your way or God's way. If your so vain as to thing your way is better then God's way, then you alone will be stuck with the consequences of that decision. I am convinced that God's way is the better way to go and way better then my way of doing things.

But there are no known facts involved. Thank you for clearing that up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
The Bible is God?

The Bible is inspired by God. It amazes me how little you know about religion and the Bible. It really undermines your credibility to be a scoffer when you know so little about what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
JohnR7 said:
Of course I can, because the Bible says so. What more do you need?

Something other than circular logic.

Archaeology has also falsified a lot of "known facts" about the Bible. The mere existence of some places mentioned in the Bible do nothing to add to the weight of the claimed events that did happen.

We found evidence of Troy, that doesn't mean Achilles was dipped in the river of immortality by his mother.

Of course, when all else fails, seneseless evangelizing about the "truth" is usually what you do, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
The Bible is inspired by God. It amazes me how little you know about religion and the Bible. It really undermines your credibility to be a scoffer when you know so little about what you are talking about.

But you still haven't established a single "known fact" about this alleged "God."

You've just blathered on your articles of faith as if they were unquestionable.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nathan Poe said:
But you still haven't established a single "known fact" about this alleged "God."

It is a known fact that God is invisible. Do you deny that?

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You've just blathered on your articles of faith as if they were unquestionable.

I do not question the Bible. It is absolute truth. It is only though faith that you can please God. If you lack faith, then He is not pleased with you. You have failed God.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Asimov said:
Of course, when all else fails, seneseless evangelizing about the "truth" is usually what you do, isn't it?

What is senseless is the way you reject science when science shows the truthfullness of the Bible. YOu have all the freedom to do whatever you want to do. Just be prepared to endure the consequences.

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lord_Marx

Apr 19, 2006
✟16,421.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
What is senseless is the way you reject science when science shows the truthfullness of the Bible. YOu have all the freedom to do whatever you want to do. Just be prepared to endure the consequences.

Galatians 6:7
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
Would you care you back up that statement in any way? How does science show that the Bible is correct?

You seem to have two main arguments:
A. Because science cannot disprove the Bible it proves it.
B. If science disproves the Bible it is only disproving an interpretation of the Bible.

Nether provide any positive evidence for God.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,009.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
JohnR7 said:
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
I love the journey of a seeker. I also love that in seeking my Beloved God that thru evolution and geologic discoveries God has open windows into the mysteries of how He Creates. Hebrews 11.6 is so exactly right on. The seeker of God is rewarded when we are able to see God even with in His own Creation. We are doubly blessed when in our seeking God we are able to watch Creation happening.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:
It is a known fact that God is invisible. Do you deny that?

Of course I deny that God is invisible -- because apparantly the Bible denies it too.

[bible]Genesis 32:30[/bible]

[bible]Exodus 33:11[/bible]

[bible]Isaiah 6:1[/bible]

[bible]Job 42:5[/bible]

It amazes me how little you know about religion and the Bible. It really undermines your credibility to be a witness when you know so little about what you are talking about.

I do not question the Bible. It is absolute truth. It is only though faith that you can please God. If you lack faith, then He is not pleased with you. You have failed God.

And not a single "known fact" yet -- nor are any expected.

Still waiting for the facts, Johnny.

Upvote 0

Abongil

Veteran
May 3, 2006
✟16,603.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
There seems to be a misunderstanding with the evolutionists as to what the known facts are here on this forum. First of all, it is a known fact that God created the universe that we live in. If you do not believe God created the universe, then perhaps you would like to discuss that on the apologist board. There is no reason to duplicate their efforts here on this board. Second of all, it is a known fact that the Bible is inspired by God and 100% relyable and dependable.

The question then becomes one of interpretation. How do we understand the Bible in todays world with what is currently known from Science. Some of the traditional views of the Bible do not hold up with what is currently known in science. This leaves us with one of two choices. Either revaluate our understanding of the Bible and come up with a new interpretation, or reject science and the truth we find in science.

This forum then has been set up to open up a dialoge between science and the Bible. It is no secret that this is a christian forum and the hope of the christians through this dialoge is to convert people to christianity. Even though they can tend to scatter at times more then they gather.

Umm... this is the Creation VS EVOLUTION BOARD! If the facts were that everything was created, then why isnt it just called the Creation Board?

Upvote 0