The KJV Mandela effect conundrum (KJV only folks)

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone experienced the King James Version Mandela effect?
That is when you read a verse that you have known all your life and then suddenly it is different?
I am not a believer in any weird esoteric conspiracy theories, I am only asking if others have noticed.
Things like the 10 commandments being written on TABLES, in the lord's prayer "trespasses" becomes debts, that Yeshua did not come to bring peace, but division (I thought it was a sword) new wine can not be put in old "bottles" (I thought it was wineskins) and in Isaiah it says that the WOLF and the lion shall lie together (I thought it was lion and the lamb)

This is for KJV ONLY folks. I know that some of these words might be translation differences, but there are a number of people across the world noticing these things. There are some really wild explanations that seem crazy. Not interested in trying to discuss any of that, I just want to know if anyone else here notices these things.
There seem to be a lot of modern words used as well like The Matrix, couches, bottles, mufflers, ect. These things were not around in the 1600's.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Elijah Hashem

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no such thing as the Mandela Effect.
It would violate the Word of the Lord.
He said He would preserve it to all generations.
And He will.

Now, there are verses that I might think I remember, but find out upon reading them, that I might not have remembered quite right. Memories are like that.
When my siblings and I get together and try to reminisce about 40 to 50 years ago, several of us always start disagreeing over how things actually happened.
For instance, my Daddy died when I was a baby. The reports of it vary. I have never learned the absolute truth.
One sister tells me it absolutely happened that Daddy died immediately, before the truck burst into flames.
Another says, no, Daddy spoke a few words to the policeman before he died, after they got him out of the truck.
And another maintains absolutely that he said something BEFORE they got him out, but that he died before they extracted him.

One says Papa was an angry, selfish, childish man, not worthy of marrying Mama.
Another says, no, he wasn't that bad.
And I only remember Papa as a very gentle, jovial, sweet soul who at times might get a bit upset, but that was only human. We all get upset sometimes. Papa never once spanked me. He felt as a stepdad he didn't have the relationship needed to give him that right. He left it up to Mama... whom I never saw angry once. (yes, I did get spankings... but only when I really needed them badly..)

Our memories are faulty. We can think we remember "the lion and the lamb will lie down together" as a Bible verse... but then find out it was the wolf and the lamb... Fact is, the phrase "Lion and Lamb" are often linked elsewhere in Christian literature, because Christ is the Lamb, and He is also the Lion of Judah. And human brains sometimes get things filed in the wrong file.

I have heard all kinds of "Mandela Effect" verses that supposedly have changed on the pages of the Bibles, as they sit on the shelves. But in every single case, I either remember that, no, it is not the way they say... I remember how I thought that verse was odd like that when I was young... or else I remember, wait, they've got two verses slightly confused and put together wrong here. And it always checks out.

There is no such thing as the "Mandela Effect." There just isn't.
Those with mental disorders tend to believe there is.
Because they trust their own brains, even when sound external evidence proves them mistaken.

Upvote 0

nomadictheist

Alive in Christ
Feb 8, 2014
Home
✟21,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, I disagree with the person who says that there's "no such thing as the Mandela Effect." The term, in its most basic sense, merely means that you remember something that is not as it actually happened. This can sometimes occur in a collective sense.

In terms of 'why' it happens, there may be many reasons. Though I haven't personally witnessed it, I have read scholarly work that it can occur through hypnosis. Yet I am appalled that so many among believers fail to recognize that this can also occur through the work of the forces of evil. Evil spirits are very real, and they are still at work in the world today.

In terms of what the OP is talking about, though, I think when you go back and read a verse that you memorized and it's different than what you memorized, it has more to do with faulty memory. For example, the "lion shall lie down with the lamb" reference is an erroneous "memory" held by many churchgoers who heard the many Christian culture references to the lion and the lamb and "remember" the verse wrong because of that. Also, though I don't have that particular passage in Isaiah in front of me at the moment, I believe that it actually says that the calf and the lion will lie down together, not the wolf. I believe it says the wolf and the lamb will dwell together.

Anyway, all that to say that the Mandela effect may be caused by faulty memories, sometimes through our own fault, sometimes aided by the power of suggestion, and sometimes influenced by the spiritual forces at work in the world.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, I disagree with the person who says that there's "no such thing as the Mandela Effect." The term, in its most basic sense, merely means that you remember something that is not as it actually happened. This can sometimes occur in a collective sense.

In terms of 'why' it happens, there may be many reasons. Though I haven't personally witnessed it, I have read scholarly work that it can occur through hypnosis. Yet I am appalled that so many among believers fail to recognize that this can also occur through the work of the forces of evil. Evil spirits are very real, and they are still at work in the world today.

In terms of what the OP is talking about, though, I think when you go back and read a verse that you memorized and it's different than what you memorized, it has more to do with faulty memory. For example, the "lion shall lie down with the lamb" reference is an erroneous "memory" held by many churchgoers who heard the many Christian culture references to the lion and the lamb and "remember" the verse wrong because of that. Also, though I don't have that particular passage in Isaiah in front of me at the moment, I believe that it actually says that the calf and the lion will lie down together, not the wolf. I believe it says the wolf and the lamb will dwell together.

Anyway, all that to say that the Mandela effect may be caused by faulty memories, sometimes through our own fault, sometimes aided by the power of suggestion, and sometimes influenced by the spiritual forces at work in the world.
The only way I have ever heard the term "Mandela Effect" was to promote the idea that Satan is able to change the words of the Bible, on the printed page, over years. So that the verse used to say what you remember it to say, but Satan changed the printed words.

I am asking the OP'er, how did you mean the term "mandela effect"?

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OP here.
To be clear, I didn't mean to get into whether or not it is true and what caused it.
Some explanations out there are truly bizarre.
No, I wanted to tap into that "collective" memory of bible memorizers and see if I am alone.
Those terms you say were not around in the 1600's... I remember them clearly from the Bible memory my family exercised daily before breakfast every day. I was immersed in the Scriptures... no radio, no TV, no news, except for the weekly paper my Papa picked up in town. But we got our daily dose of the Word. And yes, mufflers, bottles, couches, matrix... those words were all in there in the KJV, in the late 1960's. Not a thing has changed.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

bigvai

Aug 7, 2007
✟15,877.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as the Mandela Effect.
It would violate the Word of the Lord.
He said He would preserve it to all generations.
And He will.

Now, there are verses that I might think I remember, but find out upon reading them, that I might not have remembered quite right. Memories are like that.

There is no such thing as the "Mandela Effect." There just isn't.
Those with mental disorders tend to believe there is.
Because they trust their own brains, even when sound external evidence proves them mistaken.

I am suffering form the Mandela effect. I am third generation Christian. I attended private Christian kindergarten to high school, where Bible is a class just like English. I have attended church regularly the majority of my life. I tend to think that although I am a sinner I love the Lord.

Do you see where I'm going.....

I was just trying to find places on the web to were I could see if someone else is going through what im going through. I heard seeking the help of fellow Christians is a great thing to do when facing adversity. I was really hoping some one here could help me to make sense of some sort of sense of it all.

If I may. Please indulge me. Here is one of my Mandela effect symptoms or problems or psychosis or whatever you want to call it.
When I look in my KJV bible that I have been reading since I could read going on 39 years since I could read at the age of five, Gen. 1:1 the very foundation of the word of God, now, reads to me...

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

However how I remember it, and how I know it to read, and how I taught it to my children that are 3 and 5 years old is this...

In the beginning God created the HEAVENS (plural) and the earth.

In my mind, not only has it magically changed in every KJV that I own. I appears that EVERY KJV online and in the WORLD has been magically changed....and get this....nobody notices it but you and a handful of others. How would you feel if that happened to you?

*** Can someone give me the rules on link posting, thank you in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am suffering form the Mandela effect. I am third generation Christian. I attended private Christian kindergarten to high school, where Bible is a class just like English. I have attended church regularly the majority of my life. I tend to think that although I am a sinner I love the Lord.

Do you see where I'm going.....

I was just trying to find places on the web to were I could see if someone else is going through what im going through. I heard seeking the help of fellow Christians is a great thing to do when facing adversity. I was really hoping some one here could help me to make sense of some sort of sense of it all.

If I may. Please indulge me. Here is one of my Mandela effect symptoms or problems or psychosis or whatever you want to call it.
When I look in my KJV bible that I have been reading since I could read going on 39 years since I could read at the age of five, Gen. 1:1 the very foundation of the word of God, now, reads to me...

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

However how I remember it, and how I know it to read, and how I taught it to my children that are 3 and 5 years old is this...

In the beginning God created the HEAVENS (plural) and the earth.

In my mind, not only has it magically changed in every KJV that I own. I appears that EVERY KJV online and in the WORLD has been magically changed....and get this....nobody notices it but you and a handful of others. How would you feel if that happened to you?

*** Can someone give me the rules on link posting, thank you in advance
Can you handle the truth?
Or are your feelings more important to you?
The truth is the reason no one else remembers it the way you (a a very few others) do... is because your memory is serving you wrong.

God would never allow Satan to change his Word when it was already printed on a page.
That's letting the devil win.

God said he word is forever settled.
He said it will endure to all generations.

Which could not happen, if Satan can change words already printed on a page.

• Haha
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah Hashem

Only One Way In
Mar 13, 2017
United States of America
✟8,029.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well if the word is preserved in our hearts, then it is never truly unwritten. It does exist before and after all things.
I'm not so sure that the fact that physical texts could be altered means that the word of God has ever changed. He never changes regardless of what physical changes the enemy or men can make. Let's face it, many interpretations have already erred the context of very specific meaning before the Mandela effect ever came to be a thing. So, if the Mandela effect violates what God said, then so does every change that causes meaning to be lost or distorted within the list of translations and changes of the words/meanings.

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not so sure that the fact that physical texts could be altered means that the word of God has ever changed.
But it is NOT a "fact" that physical texts can be altered, once printed, and sold to millions of homes, and sitting on shelves all around the world... the very idea that Satan would have power to change the words on those pages, all around the world, in private homes, at once, gives almost omnipotent power to the devil. He has no such power!

The "Mandela Effect" is nothing but a faulty memory.
And those who think the "Mandela Effect" means their memories are serving them perfectly... they are nothing but puffed up in their own minds, thinking their brains are more reliable than God's printed word, which they and many others have owned and read daily.

"Rigid thinking" is when someone gets an idea in their minds, and no one can convince them it's a mistake.

Just suppose "Jake" (fictitious character) thinks he sees a horse on a distant hill. He stands and gazes at this horse.
Another man stops by to see what Jake is looking at.
Jake says, "Do you see that horse?"
And the person says, "That's not a horse! That's a cow!"
Jake shakes his head, and says, "No, that's a horse!"

This happens twice. Then three times.
By now, if Jake were like most people, he would start to doubt his own perception. He would wonder if he is perhaps wrong about it. Maybe it is a cow after all. Most people, after hearing 2 or 3 people disagree with their ideas, will go and do further research, to see if perhaps they are wrong...

But not Jake. Jake has a problem called "rigid thinking".
He cannot seriously challenge his own thoughts.

Therefore, when an idea occurs to Jake, He tends to stick with it, and not question it.
Instead of questioning his own ideas, he tries to find reasons to prove why he is right, and the rest of the world is wrong.
He is sure his own memory serves him correctly, even if most others disagree.
And that way lies madness.

Upvote 0

bigvai

Aug 7, 2007
✟15,877.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The truth is the reason no one else remembers it the way you (a a very few others) do... is because your memory is serving you wrong.

God would never allow Satan to change his Word when it was already printed on a page.

The TRUTH is...God has already warned us that this(a change or altering of His word)CAN happen.... Are these scriptures in your Bible? Do they read like this?

Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Proverbs 30:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Matthew 24:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Daniel 7:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

I first wanted the 1611 KJV Bible to address your remarks concerning God not allowing satan to change his word(before it changes).

The above texts are a WARNING!

Now what is the purpose of a warning?

Do you give a warning to someone for something that CAN happen, or do you warn someone of something that will NEVER happen?

Poly says,
"God said he word is forever settled.
He said it will endure to all generations."

Bigvai says,
What you say is true, God does not change and his word is unchanging, but that doesn't mean man working with satan will not try and change His words.

If what you say is true, the above scriptural references, all warnings from God, are false!

Now, I would like to address your assertion that my memory and the memory of(not just a few, but many) is faulty. Correct me if I am wrong, however you seem to believe that those who recognize a change in scripture are some how deluded or deceived, or somehow we are all just remembering it wrong, is that so?

Don't you think its rather strange that those who are purported to have "just remembered it wrong" are the same ones who recognize a change in scripture? Its not remotely strange that tens of thousands of your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, are warning others of some type of trickery? Have you investigated ANY of the claims?

God says, prove all things.

Now,

stuff
mufflers
tires
matrix
and a slew of other words (magically)added to the KJV were not in the 1611 translators repertoire.

How could these words have been translated from the original Hebrew and Greek?

Last edited:
Reactions: Elijah Hashem
Upvote 0

bigvai

Aug 7, 2007
✟15,877.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well if the word is preserved in our hearts, then it is never truly unwritten. It does exist before and after all things.
I'm not so sure that the fact that physical texts could be altered means that the word of God has ever changed. He never changes regardless of what physical changes the enemy or men can make. Let's face it, many interpretations have already erred the context of very specific meaning before the Mandela effect ever came to be a thing. So, if the Mandela effect violates what God said, then so does every change that causes meaning to be lost or distorted within the list of translations and changes of the words/meanings.
I agree

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟42,933.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God says, prove all things.

Now,

stuff
mufflers
tires
matrix
and a slew of other words (magically)added to the KJV were not in the 1611 translators repertoire.

How could these words have been translated from the original Hebrew and Greek?

I clearly remember all those words from when I was memorizing the Scriptures as a child, back in the 60's.

Now, prove that this magic happened to every KJV all over the world, as it sat on the shelf.
YOU CAN'T.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I clearly remember all those words from when I was memorizing the Scriptures as a child, back in the 60's.

Now, prove that this magic happened to every KJV all over the world, as it sat on the shelf.
YOU CAN'T.

Nobody is trying to prove anything is real about it. It is merely to have those who clearly remember things differently comment on their experience.
I grew up a Catholic. I said the Lord's prayer a zillion times growing up. We always said "forgive us our tresspasses"...not debts.
This does not prove any spooky magic ideas....only that I along with numerous others remember it a different way.

Upvote 0

bigvai

Aug 7, 2007
✟15,877.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

YOU CAN'T.

I don't doubt you... If you say they were there..... as I believe you to be my elder....How I was raised... I can not dispute your word.
I find it absolutely amazing that you remember the word "stuff" used in the Bible to describe anything!

And that brings me to the next point...some Christians are remembering differently!..... the "mandela effect"

No ma'am, I can not prove every KJV of the Bible that has been printed ....I may have exaggerated a bit in my excitement.....however I have investigated enough occurrences to believe something supernatural is going on worldwide.

Whether it be witchcraft, or technology, or any and everything else that I can't think of, or currently comprehend.... to include "time manipulation"

Dan.7:25,"25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Ms. Poly, this says to me...because of current technology...the enemy can and will alter time...

All I am saying is there are strange things going on that are impacting the Christian Community, and no one seems to beeing taking it seriously.

Fellow Christians that I have encountered on the subject want to immediately, marginalise, be dismissive, or condemn you for even bringing it up.

Ms. Poly.... Think about how strong Daniel was in the Lord, then think about what he could have saw in the vision God gave him concerning the end times, that could have made him faint, and be bed ridden, to the point God had to send Angels, to nurse him back to health?

It had to be something inconceivable!

Upvote 0

bigvai

Aug 7, 2007
✟15,877.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is trying to prove anything is real about it. It is merely to have those who clearly remember things differently comment on their experience.
I grew up a Catholic. I said the Lord's prayer a zillion times growing up. We always said "forgive us our tresspasses"...not debts.
This does not prove any spooky magic ideas....only that I along with numerous others remember it a different way.
Really...

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really...
Really. Not dangling bait for an argument.
I study seemingly random patterns in human behavior for a blog I write. It seems as though there are groups of people that have similar experiences and strongly express them. With the internet there are opportunities for those people to communicate.
The "Mandela effect" group is merely one of them and I was looking for comments by real people about their experience.
I feel like you think I am a wolf in sheeps clothing trying to sneak in some false heresy.

Thats just not the case.

Upvote 0

7seals

Jun 14, 2017
Grants pass
✟15,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Has anyone experienced the King James Version Mandela effect?
That is when you read a verse that you have known all your life and then suddenly it is different?
I am not a believer in any weird esoteric conspiracy theories, I am only asking if others have noticed.
Things like the 10 commandments being written on TABLES, in the lord's prayer "trespasses" becomes debts, that Yeshua did not come to bring peace, but division (I thought it was a sword) new wine can not be put in old "bottles" (I thought it was wineskins) and in Isaiah it says that the WOLF and the lion shall lie together (I thought it was lion and the lamb)

This is for KJV ONLY folks. I know that some of these words might be translation differences, but there are a number of people across the world noticing these things. There are some really wild explanations that seem crazy. Not interested in trying to discuss any of that, I just want to know if anyone else here notices these things.
There seem to be a lot of modern words used as well like The Matrix, couches, bottles, mufflers, ect. These things were not around in the 1600's.

Thoughts?
I have been studying the bible for many years. I always asked God what the meaning of the sealing of the word meant about the 144,000. I would hear a sermon about it here and there but it wouldn't stay in my mind. A year ago when i found my bible changing and i thought i was just not taking enough time to memorize each word. I knew that was not true because i do know a lot of scripture. Things were not right. I went online to see if others were experiencing the same thing. To my sadness I realized i had not made it important enough to take the time to memorize his word. He even said to sing to him in psalms and hymns. Why? Because singing helps to memorize. The moment i realized God's word had supernaturaly changed, God brought to my rememberance a couple of scriptures that make sense and answered my questions.

In the end times there will be a famine, not for food, but for the word of God. God is sealing up his true word in the minds of the 144,000. Now i know what it means and it still has not slipped my mind even after a year.

Upvote 0