Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Americas freedom is alluring, but the first church thrived under the imperialist roman empire. The fact that america is so alluring is a trap. We are taught to seek the kingdom, not america.
Or imperialist corrupt religious rulers who seek only gratification for themselves and not helping others to enter the Kingdom and receive their due recompense..

Sometimes, politics and religion don't mix well.....

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

John 19:15 Those yet cry-out "take-away! take-away! crucify! Him".
Pilate Is saying to them "the King of ye I shall be crucifying?".
Answered the Chief-priests "not we are having a King except Caesar"

Acts 25:11 For if I be an offender, or have committed any thing worthy of death, I refuse not to die.
But if there be none of these things whereof these accuse me, no man may deliver me unto them. I appeal unto Caesar!

Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying: "choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring". [this appears to denote famine during the siege of Jerusalem by the Romans? Note the Roman currency]

Reve 12:10 And I hear great voice saying in the Heaven: "Now became the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of the God of us, and the authority of the Christ of Him,
that was cast the Accuser/kathgoroV <2725> of the brothers of us,
the one accusing/kathgorwn <2723> (5723) them in sight of the God of us day and night.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. But many Christians point the finger at sinners but do not understand that it is themselves who don't love, who hate people they disagree with, and who are racist, who support racist acts and groups like the KKK and are ok with people getting run down in the streets. And a lot are too proud to repent. But I say to my sisters and brothers, Repent for He is near.

Nice dodge.

What has any of what you posted got to do with the two major points i posted: Christians supporting and voting for a major supporter of the Abortion industry (who ran for president), and the blatant robbing and destruction of an already devastated Haiti by this same one that Christians endorsed, supported, and voted for?

Speaking of "hatred", this is what God hates:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ~Proverbs 6:16-19

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isaiah 5:20

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
This despite the fact that a majority of the country remains Christian in outlook.
No, by observation, testimony, and testing, (so far), no country known in the world fits this description.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nice dodge.

What has any of what you posted got to do with the two major points i posted: Christians supporting and voting for a major supporter of the Abortion industry (who ran for president), and the blatant robbing and destruction of an already devastated Haiti by this same one that Christians endorsed, supported, and voted for?

Speaking of "hatred", this is what God hates:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ~Proverbs 6:16-19

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isaiah 5:20

Sin is sin. Evil is evil. Every person who calls themselves Christian, including you, including me, need to repent. But pride will keep some from repenting because they delude themselves that they are good. Get the beam out of your eye and repent. Why do you point at sinners? Sinners sin.And this is not a political thread. Pointing at Hillary Clinton is petty. She lost the election. Get over it. Obama is no longer the President. Get over him too.By your keeping them in your heart and mind leaves little room for Lord Jesus Christ. Yes people call hatred of people who Lord Jesus died for good. People call good the bitterness they hold in their hearts.Saved people walk in the darkness as sinners and not in the Kingdom of light.People love their hatred and will not repent, but point at others as if they have no sin.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sin is sin. Evil is evil. Every person who calls themselves Christian, including you, including me, need to repent. But pride will keep some from repenting because they delude themselves that they are good. Get the beam out of your eye and repent. Why do you point at sinners? Sinners sin.And this is not a political thread. Pointing at Hillary Clinton is petty. She lost the election. Get over it. Obama is no longer the President. Get over him too.By your keeping them in your heart and mind leaves little room for Lord Jesus Christ. Yes people call hatred of people who Lord Jesus died for good. People call good the bitterness they hold in their hearts.Saved people walk in the darkness as sinners and not in the Kingdom of light.People love their hatred and will not repent, but point at others as if they have no sin.

Nice dodge.

You brought up Christians supporting evil.

I responded with two major evils and the Christians that support the perpetrators of these evils.

I was speaking of what GOD hates in those verses. It is all throughout His Word what He hates, especially the shedding of innocent blood and the deliberate robbing and devastation of those already suffering inexplicably (Haiti).

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christ is very clear, He says : " My kingdom is not of this world. "
Got to leave the carnal country.......

Hebrews 11:
13 All these people died in faith, without having received the things they were promised. However, they saw them and welcomed them from afar. And they acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 Those who say such things show that they are seeking a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country, a heavenly one.
Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord will rescue me from every evil action and bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrew 12:22 But ye came to Mount Zion, and to a city of the living God, to the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to myriads of messengers,

Revelation 5:11 And I saw, and I heard the voice of many messengers round the throne and the living creatures and the elders --
and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands --

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion,
and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.
--

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
America is only 1 of many nations under the spell of Babylon. It's only a matter of time before Christ comes back and puts the land of America(and all other nations/land) under the authority of the kingdom of God.

All of the earth belongs to Christ. He just has to come back and take it all - it won't be pretty...

Psalms 2:6-9 NLT
For YHWH declares, “I have placed my chosen king on the throne in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain.”

The king proclaims the decree of YHWH:
“YHWH said to me, ‘You are my son. Today I have become your Father.
Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession.
You will break them with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.’”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The kingdom is about peace, righteousness, and joy in the spirit. America is about division, strife and materialism.

Any thoughts?

The first sentence is Biblical. The second sentence is anti-American.
That is what I think.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America is the early Roman empire with fewer sporting events with bloodshed and more tech-savvy politics that shed blood.

If, say, the Apostle Paul (or any person from the 1st century Roman empire) were to study a US dollar bill, or wander around Washington DC, he would not help but conclude that America (which is a great Latin name) is a distant province of the Roman empire. The Roman empire is all over the dollar. It's all over the national capital. It's in the language, it's in the law, it's in the philosophy.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
America is about freedom to choose, within the limits of the safety of others.
"All should be protected, and none should be denied."

The Kingdom of God is a choice. The idea of America services your right to choose by protecting your God given rights to do so through law.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
America is about freedom to choose, within the limits of the safety of others.
"All should be protected, and none should be denied."

The Kingdom of God is a choice. The idea of America services your right to choose by protecting your God given rights to do so through law.

Forgive me...

As Egypt did for the family of Jacob, as Persia did for the Jews, as Rome did for a time for Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As Egypt did for the family of Jacob, as Persia did for the Jews, as Rome did for a time for Christians.

I hear what you are saying. I agree that the US is beginning to turn. You may notice that I said the "idea", by which I mean the "American dream".

I look at the guy in Las Vegas. The shooter has gone through drastic changes in the American culture. He's not happy, he withdraws. The deeper he goes in his hate for his surroundings, the more deranged he becomes... who is to blame? Anybody remember Archie Bunker? That's the personality I see, but in the extreme.

I will stand against all enemies foreign and domestic. Well, our Archie Bunker became a domestic enemy.

Sergeant Paul Sudduth USMC Inactive
Forgive me...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear what you are saying. I agree that the US is beginning to turn. You may notice that I said the "idea", by which I mean the "American dream".

I look at the guy in Las Vegas. The shooter has gone through drastic changes in the American culture. He's not happy, he withdraws. The deeper he goes in his hate for his surroundings, the more deranged he becomes... who is to blame? Anybody remember Archie Bunker? That's the personality I see, but in the extreme.

I will stand against all enemies foreign and domestic. Well, our Archie Bunker became a domestic enemy.

Sergeant Paul Sudduth USMC Inactive
Forgive me...

What the United States is, is what the United States has always been. There hasn't been any evil sower sowing foreign seed in this land. Today's harvest was sown from the beginning.

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What the United States is, is what the United States has always been. There hasn't been any evil sower sowing foreign seed in this land. Today's harvest was sown from the beginning.
The last two years of our last Presidency would have me labeling an "evil sower sowing foreign seed".

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The last two years of our last Presidency would have me labeling an "evil sower sowing foreign seed".

Forgive me...

Nothing sown but the seed born of earlier American crops. Christians in America have simply closed their eyes to what they've always been cultivating.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing sown but the seed born of earlier American crops. Christians in America have simply closed their eyes to what they've always been cultivating.

It felt very un-American to me.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0