Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Aren't we comparing the world versus the Gospel again here?

You do know that type of argument is kinda of true but in the sense that apples and oranges are both types of fruit. I think it's a little bit more complex then just this.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You do know that type of argument is kinda of true but in the sense that apples and oranges are both types of fruit. I think it's a little bit more complex then just this.

Yes, but in more detail than you are giving my post credit for.

Forgive me but i cant make sense of your words here. If you think it needs more detail then agree with it and add your two cents.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
The fruits of the kingdom are things we should be constantly striving to seek or help create, but the American situation may be on the surface division, strife and violence even, but that doesn't tell the whole picture either.

I suggest a broader picture then a blanket assessment.

Upvote 0

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In the kingdom we bear the fruit of truth, love, joy, peace, and of one mind, but in America we bear the fruit of political lies, strife, and division.

True or false?
Although I'm no fan of America, I wouldn't think the situation in that country is any worse than in other countries, my own included.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
America (like most of all nations) bears mixed fruit, both good and bad. The only difference is in the particular fruits and balance of good/bad, but all nations AS nations do both good and evil.

And the Christian pursuit is for the good, the result of becoming like Christ is more and more good fruit.

Secular nations are not like Christ. Should this really surprise us? It's a given, no matter which nation you focus on.

But it is worth applauding, to the degree nations get things right, and bear good fruit. We could use a lot more of that in the world. Whether or not it will be forthcoming in the near future, I cannot say.

• Agree
Reactions: Targaryen
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The fruits of the kingdom are things we should be constantly striving to seek or help create, but the American situation may be on the surface division, strife and violence even, but that doesn't tell the whole picture either.

I suggest a broader picture then a blanket assessment.
I never made a blanket statement. I asked a simple question.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
America (like most of all nations) bears mixed fruit, both good and bad. The only difference is in the particular fruits and balance of good/bad, but all nations AS nations do both good and evil.

And the Christian pursuit is for the good, the result of becoming like Christ is more and more good fruit.

Secular nations are not like Christ. Should this really surprise us? It's a given, no matter which nation you focus on.

But it is worth applauding, to the degree nations get things right, and bear good fruit. We could use a lot more of that in the world. Whether or not it will be forthcoming in the near future, I cannot say.
Im not surprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LionL

Believer in God, doubter of religion
Jan 23, 2015
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and N. Ireland
✟37,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I never said that america was worse than other nations
Sorry, with you mentioning just one country I assumed that you were earmarking it as being different to all others. Perhaps the statement would have better read:
'but in the world today we bear the fruit of political lies, strife, and division.'

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, with you mentioning just one country I assumed that you were earmarking it as being different to all others. Perhaps the statement would have better read:
'but in the world today we bear the fruit of political lies, strife, and division.'
You are correct. Thank you.

Upvote 0