Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thine is the Kingdom the Power and the Glory forever

The prayer that Jesus taught his disciples ends with these words: "Thine is the Kingdom, the Power and the Glory for ever" (Matt.6:13-KJV). All these three belong to God alone.

1. Thine is the Kingdom

The phrase "the kingdom of God" can be better understood in our day as "the government of God", since we don't normally use the word "kingdom" nowadays. The government of a country has authority over every one of its citizens. To be under the government of God means being totally under His authority.

Do we allow God to control and restrain us in our speech? This is the first area we could examine ourselves in.

What about the money we earn? Are we lavish in spending it?
God cannot anoint and bless those who are careless in the way they spend their money. When God give us much, He tests us to see how we spend it.

How do we spend our time? Does God have a say in it? It is a great challenge to see that Jesus knew the Scriptures thoroughly by the age of 12. At that young age, He also had a sense of responsibility about his Father's business.
God is greatly grieved when His children do not spend time
studying His Word, but yet have time to read other books and
to watch TV programs.

Heaven is a place where everyone accepts the authority of God.
This is why it is a place of joy and peace. Our lives and homes can be like that too, if we submit to the government of God in every area.

2. Thine is the Power

We must acknowledge that all power belongs to God
(Psalm 62:11). When we see God as Almighty having all power,
it will free us from the fear of men and fear of the future.
Psalm 112 (Living Bible) says that "...such a man will not be
overthrown by evil circumstances . God's constant care of him
will make a deep impression on all who see it. He does not
fear bad news, nor live in dread of what may happen. For he
is settled in his mind that Jehovah will take care of him."
God's power can also free us from all our sinful habits. We must acknowledge that God has all power to do that for us too.

3. Thine is the Glory

We must give God the glory due unto Him. This involves giving
thanks to Him for what He has done for us. Praise and thanksgiving will characterise our lives increasingly if we are growing spiritually. We must not be like the ungrateful
lepers who never returned to give thanks to the Lord (Lk.17:17).
We must also be careful to give God the glory for anything that we have accomplished - for everything comes from the ability that He has given us.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
We must acknowledge that all power belongs to God
(Psalm 62:11). When we see God as Almighty having all power, it will free us from the fear of men and fear of the future.

Amen! I will fear God and Him only! No man can harm me except by the will of God, and though He slay me, yet will I serve Him!

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
We must give God the glory due unto Him. This involves giving thanks to Him for what He has done for us. Praise and thanksgiving will characterise our lives increasingly if we are growing spiritually. We must not be like the ungrateful lepers who never returned to give thanks to the Lord (Lk.17:17). We must also be careful to give God the glory for anything that we have accomplished -for everything comes from the ability that He has given us.

This is an incredibly overlooked part of the Christian walk!

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You are so right!!!!
One day my eyes where opened up to this scripture:

Romans 1:21 because that, when they KNEW GOD, they GLORIFIED HIM NOT AS GOD, NEITHER WERE THANKFUL; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

To me it seems as if you know God and not worship, or thank Him you will become vain (futile, useless, worthless, and ineffective) in your mind and your foolish (idiotic stupid) heart will get dark (your light will be put out). To me this is a red light warning and I will never cease to give God glory thanks and praise.

Upvote 0