Debate-For MJ's Only The Kingdom Of Heaven "At That Time" (Matthew 25:1-13)

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Question: When Is ... "At That Time" ?

Some believe it may only include Yeshua's faithful ritually circumcised Jewish Disciples and the faithful 144,000 ritually circumcised Jewish males that will be seated at the ultimate Wedding Feast "at that time".

Matthew 26:29
"But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's Kingdom."

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe most MJ would take the perspective that it is the Olam Haba, the world to come - when Yeshua returns to rule in the messianic age. This is an Jewish idea too when talking about the afterlife or the messianic age.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I believe most MJ would take the perspective that it is the Olam Haba, the world to come - when Yeshua returns to rule in the messianic age.
Do you believe this Wedding Feast occurs in Heaven or (Luke 17:21) on earth?

This thread will be more of a discussion (iron/steel sharpening iron/steel) than an out-an-out debate. Most commentaries of Matthew 25:1-13 are by Christians (Protestants).

Could you suggest an article(s) and/or youtube(s) from a Messianic Judaism perspective that we can discuss further. For example do MJs believe this Wedding Feast of the Bridegroom takes place in Heaven or on earth?
This is an Jewish idea too when talking about the afterlife or the messianic age.
Do you see parallels of the Wedding Feast and Matthew 25:1-13 to the following Jewish tradition ...

"Jewish marriage included a number of steps: first, betrothal (which involved the prospective groom’s traveling from his father’s house to the home of the prospective bride, paying the purchase price, and thus establishing the marriage covenant); second, the groom’s returning to his father’s house (which meant remaining separate from his bride for 12 months, during which time he prepared the living accommodations for his wife in his father’s house); third, the groom’s coming for his bride at a time not known exactly to her; fourth, his return with her to the groom’s father’s house to consummate the marriage and to celebrate the wedding feast for the next seven days (during which the bride remained closeted in her bridal chamber)."

The above is a Christian's perspective (is it basically correct), and does this tradition offer insight into "At That Time" ? Is there a Messianic Judaism perspective (article and/or youtube) that offers another insightful perspective?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Do you believe this Wedding Feast occurs in Heaven or (Luke 17:21) on earth?

This thread will be more of a discussion (iron/steel sharpening iron/steel) than an out-an-out debate. Most commentaries of Matthew 25:1-13 are by Christians (Protestants).

Could you suggest an article(s) and/or youtube(s) from a Messianic Judaism perspective that we can discuss further. For example do MJs believe this Wedding Feast of the Bridegroom takes place in Heaven or on earth?
Do you see parallels of the Wedding Feast and Matthew 25:1-13 to the following Jewish tradition ...

"Jewish marriage included a number of steps: first, betrothal (which involved the prospective groom’s traveling from his father’s house to the home of the prospective bride, paying the purchase price, and thus establishing the marriage covenant); second, the groom’s returning to his father’s house (which meant remaining separate from his bride for 12 months, during which time he prepared the living accommodations for his wife in his father’s house); third, the groom’s coming for his bride at a time not known exactly to her; fourth, his return with her to the groom’s father’s house to consummate the marriage and to celebrate the wedding feast for the next seven days (during which the bride remained closeted in her bridal chamber)."

The above is a Christian's perspective (is it basically correct), and does this tradition offer insight into "At That Time" ? Is there a Messianic Judaism perspective (article and/or youtube) that offers another insightful perspective?
Yeshua stated
John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

We know He went to His Father's House, Heaven. He went to prepare a place for us in His Father's House. We also know that we are to eat and drink with Him in His Father's House. "I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." (Matthew 26:29; Mark 14:25) "And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." (Luke 22:29-30) As far as I understand it, judgment is done from Heaven's court room.

Mount Zion is a place dedicated by believers to be God's place. "On this mountain the LORD Almighty will prepare a feast of rich food for all peoples, a banquet of aged wine-- the best of meats and the finest of wines. On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth." (Isaiah 25:6-8)

"Blessed is the man who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God" (Luke 14:15) When trying to discern whether the feast in the kingdom of God is in heaven or earth, one thing is clear it is a feast when and where it is totally under God's kingdom control. Is the battle won by the time of the Millenium or just on pause for 1000 years on earth?

"At the last coming he will lead out Adam and the patriarchs and bring them (into the paradise of Eden) that they may rejoice, as when a man invites his friends to eat with him, and they come and speak with one another before the palace, joyously awaiting his feast, the enjoyment of good things, of immeasurable wealth and joy and happiness in light and everlasting life," Book of Enoch 42:5

"Rise and stand, and see at the feast of the Lord the number of those who have been sealed," 2 Esdras 2:38 "People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God." (Luke 13:29-30; Matthew 8:11) We have other verses that indicate that this gathering from all parts of the world happens at His second coming when He come to take His people to where He is. "And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens." (Mark 13:27; Matthew 24:31)

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Which to me says it is heaven, "where I am" He is taking us for the feast because the place He is preparing us is in Heaven. Now do I think that we stay in Heaven for the entire 1000 years, or can we go back and forth. Bottom line, I believe we go to Heaven for the Wedding Supper, open books, elders judged out of the books, tears are wiped, we go to earth and have gardens, and a sample of the Garden of Eden. It would not surprise me, if we go to the Heavenly Court every Sabbath and annual feast during the millenium, to learn at Yeshua's feet wonderous things. After the 1000 years Yeshua returns to earth with the "City of God" and all the saints in it.

With resurrection powers, all the wicked dead are raised, their memory are of the last moments, the confusion, the last great lie retold by Satan to stir the people up for one last great battle, and as they gather before the City of God to claim it, they see the saints and Yeshua on the City Wall looking down at them. A conversation between the rich man and Lazarus is heard, bring to mind the great Chasm that can not be crossed. Judgement is pronounced upon the wicked. Some burn quickly, others more slowly depending on the decision as to what should their punishment be. Satan is the last to be consumed and turned to ash. The Fire continued to consume the whole earth and heaven and the City of God is the shelter for the people of God.

The people of God watch God create a New Heaven and a New Earth. For all eternity, sin will never raise its head, and the people of God will live happily every after in the New Garden of Eden just outside the City of God on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0