Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am putting the finishing touches on a study about the power of God's Love so I thought it would be fun to see if you all thought of any I missed.

What power is the Kingdom of God that far exceeds the power of words?
Good verse. 1 Corinthians 15.57

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
victory...amen...what a wonderful and beneficial power...so, just to get some discussion going...what victory is this over?
In the context, it's death, which is the sting of sin, in chapter 15.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The full study I am doing includes how we can unleash these powers in our life so to speak...iow's, through belief with the heart...not really what we do but sort of what we do...yielding to the working of the HS...etc. anything anyone wants to offer along that lines is welcome discussion too.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What power is the Kingdom of God that far exceeds the power of words?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Matthew 5:2 And He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, 3 "Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Matthew 5:2 And He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying, 3 "Blessed [are] the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
amen...there are actually three "words" of God that hold power...the very voice of God as in He spoke and created with His voice...the WORD of God who is Christ...and the scriptures which are said to be alive...amen...In order to tap into that power of the word we are to 1. study scripture, 2. meditate on the word, 3. memorize the scriptures, 4. obey, 5. accept Christ, and 6. trust God...

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,517.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have all sinned, but with the indwelling Holy Spirit do we have to sin again?
Words cannot keep us from sinning, but the indwelling Holy Spirit cannot be involved in sinning, so do we quench the Spirit in order to sin?
Is it good news to know you do not have to sin again, if we just go on sinning?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have all sinned, but with the indwelling Holy Spirit do we have to sin again?etc.
Words cannot keep us from sinning, but the indwelling Holy Spirit cannot be involved in sinning, so do we quench the Spirit in order to sin?
are you expecting answers to these questions since the topic is about what power are we given through God's Love...as in the power that the believer has access to that is a transforming power....

In the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit we do not sin...we access this power by yielding to His work, study of the word, meditating on the word, memorizing the word, praying without ceasing, not quenching the Spirit, Loving the Lord with all our hearts, souls, minds, and exceeding...etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

Matthew 10:19-20 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

Memorization doesn't work for me, because it seems to make me a robot. I respond because of what someone else says, and I remember the connections. IMHO, reading the words of Jesus every day is mandatory. Which I wouldn't want to do if I didn't trust God and accept Jesus. For me, the power is the word, and I am only a power cord.

Upvote 0

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
We have all sinned, but with the indwelling Holy Spirit do we have to sin again?

Matthew 5:23 "Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift."

The New Covenant is all about repent and forgive. But it's not a one time and then never again. Humans aren't perfect. But perfection is the goal. Jesus tells us what to do in order to "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." That's what the Gospel of the Kingdom is for.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 14:26 "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
the Holy Spirit power...it is extensive and this passage is just a start but amen...we have the power of the HS and one of the powers He gives us is that of teaching us...amen.
Matthew 10:19-20 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."
again, amen...another of the powers of the HS is that of giving us words to say. God knows our audience and what they need to hear and so our best option is to trust and wait for Him to tell us what to say.
Memorization doesn't work for me, because it seems to make me a robot. I respond because of what someone else says, and I remember the connections. IMHO, reading the words of Jesus every day is mandatory. Which I wouldn't want to do if I didn't trust God and accept Jesus. For me, the power is the word, and I am only a power cord.
All I will say to this is that we are told to hide the word in our hearts...this is usually understood as memorizing and I find it a great tool when things go wrong.

Quick story...I heard of a group of men that were prisoners during the holocaust...every night the men would quote scriptures as they were going to street so that they were encouraged. One night not a single one of the men could think of a passage to quote till one man remembered "Jesus wept" In that moment, tears poured from their eyes as they realized that Christ was crying with them...the power of memorizing scripture may not be apparent today but someday it might be the exact thing that brings us comfort.

As to reading scripture, what scripture really says is study not just to read...it also says to meditate on scripture...it's about keeping scripture foremost in our lives.

Great passages thanks

Upvote 0

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
the Holy Spirit power...it is extensive and this passage is just a start

Just a start? What do you think Jesus left out?

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just a start? What do you think Jesus left out?

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."
The Holy Spirit's power is as we have already seen a power that teaches and reminds us...it is a power that comforts us, equips us, tells us what to say. It is a power to strengthen us, and on and on and on....hang on, I'll give you a partial list from the study I am doing complete with passages....this is just a partial list of the things the HOLY SPIRIT empowers the believer to do on behalf of the Living God.

The right words at the right time is not the only power of the Holy Spirit given us at the time of salvation. The Holy Spirit also not only teaches us but reminds us of all that God has done. (John 14:26) The Holy Spirit is the power to prophesy, (Luke 1:67) to reveal to us the truth of God, (Luke 2:26; Luke 10:21) and the power to lead us. (Luke 4:1) The Holy Spirit and the power thereof is a good gift given to us by God Himself. (Luke 11:13; Acts 2:38) It is a gift of life, (John 14:19) counsel, (John 14:26) orders from God, (Acts 1:2) and even the power of language. (Acts 2:4) The power of the Holy Spirit is not just a power to witness or testify but to do so in boldness to those who obey. (Acts 1:8; Acts 4:31; Acts 5:32) The Holy Spirit gives us a glimpse into who God really is, (Acts 7:55) He is our encouragement, (Acts 9:31) it is the power to heal those under Satan’s tyranny. (Acts 10:38) It is the Holy Spirit that adds to our numbers, (Acts 11:24) that chooses who is to be sent out, (Acts 13:4) and knows our heart. (Acts 15:8) Even what is asked of us is in the power of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 15:28) It is a Holy Spirit that pours God’s Love into our hearts, (Romans 5:5) when we live by the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:12) Romans 14:17 tells us that the very Kingdom of God is about righteousness peace, joy and the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit sanctifies us (set apart, declared holy) (Romans 15:16) The very dwelling of the Holy Spirit is the body of the believer. He is always with us. (I Corinthians 6:19) It is by the indwelling Holy Spirit that the believer can confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. (I Corinthians 12:3) He is our strength to live the godly life, (II Corinthians 6:6) and our fellowship. (II Corinthians 13:13) He is the one who tells us the message of joy of the gospel, (I Thessalonians 1:6) and to reject Him is to reject God Himself. (I Thessalonians 4:8) He guards the gospel message, (II Timothy 1:14) and both regenerates us and renews us. (Titus 3:5) The indwelling Holy Spirit testifies to the truth of God by signs and wonders, various miracles, and the distribution of gifts all according to His will and purpose. (Hebrews 2:4) The Holy Spirit is the one that calls us, (Hebrews 3:7) as we give ourselves to Him we become companions with Him. (Hebrews 6:4) It is this testimony of the Holy Spirit that allows us access to God. (Hebrews 9:8) He testifies to the new covenant. Without that new covenant the Holy Spirit would not be possible. (Hebrews 10:15) It is also the Holy Spirit that prays the things in our hearts that we cannot put into words. (Jude 1:20) The Holy Spirit’s power is beyond our understanding as we learn to walk more and more in that power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gomerian

Apr 29, 2018
america
✟40.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The right words at the right time is not the only power of the Holy Spirit given us at the time of salvation. The Holy Spirit also not only teaches us but reminds us of all that God has done. ...

Jesus, according to John, before the crucifixion
14:15 If ye love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning.
16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. 8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to My Father, and ye see Me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, [that] shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.
17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word;

Jesus, according to Matthew, after the return
28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A few of the passages that demonstrate why we can trust the HS to give us the words to say...but also don't forget that He speaks in prayer what our groanings cannot express....
Mark 13:11
But when they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand what to say. Instead, speak whatever you are given at that time, for it will not be you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

Luke 12:11
When you are brought before the synagogues, rulers, and authorities, do not worry about how to defend yourselves or what to say.

Luke 12:12
For at that time the Holy Spirit will teach you what you should say."
Exodus 4:12
"Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."

Matthew 10:19 But when they hand you over, don't worry about how or what you should speak. For you will be given what to say at that hour,

which is what the quote you put in your posts was referring to

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A few of the passages that demonstrate why we can trust the HS to give us the words to say...but also don't forget that He speaks in prayer what our groanings cannot express....
Mark 13:11
But when they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand what to say. Instead, speak whatever you are given at that time, for it will not be you speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

Luke 12:11
When you are brought before the synagogues, rulers, and authorities, do not worry about how to defend yourselves or what to say.

Luke 12:12
For at that time the Holy Spirit will teach you what you should say."
Exodus 4:12
"Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."

Matthew 10:19 But when they hand you over, don't worry about how or what you should speak. For you will be given what to say at that hour,

which is what the quote you put in your posts was referring to

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Kingdom of Heaven / God is a spiritual realm.

Ephesians 2:
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh,
indulging the desires of the flesh (sin nature) and of the mind, and
were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 But God, being rich in mercy,
because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Daniel 4:34b
I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever;
For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.

And His kingdom...Hebrew 4437...malkuw (Aramaic)...
A.royalty, kingship, kingly authority
B.kingdom
C.realm (of territory)
D.reign (of time)

Matthew 5:10
“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

of heaven...Greek 3772...ouranos...
I.the vaulted expanse of the sky with all things visible in it
A.the universe, the world
B.the aerial heavens or sky, the region where the clouds and the tempests gather, and where thunder and lightning are produced
C.the sidereal or starry heavens
II.the region above the sidereal heavens,
the seat of order of things eternal and consummately perfect where God dwells and other heavenly beings

For many parables/comparisons SEE: Matthew 13; 18

Kingdom of God

Mark 1:15...Jesus'first sermon...and saying,
“The time (prophecy) is fulfilled, and the "kingdom of God" (the Divine Messiah come) is at hand;
repent (turn to God) and believe in the "gospel".”
("gospel" = Jesus the Divine Messiah has come down from heaven to save man!!)

Luke 17:20-21 ...Jesus preaching among inquisitors
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said,
“The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’
For behold, the "kingdom of God"(Jesus) is(standing)in your midst.”

1 Corinthians 15:50[ The Mystery of Resurrection ]
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Kingdom of Heaven / God is a spiritual realm.

Ephesians 2:
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh,
indulging the desires of the flesh (sin nature) and of the mind, and
were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 But God, being rich in mercy,
because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our transgressions,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
the power to lift us up and seat us with Him...amen, what an honor.
Daniel 4:34b
I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever;
For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
and enduring power...the interesting thing about this enduring power is that we have the same power within us, a power to endure to the end if we allow God's power to work in us...iow's it isn't just and enduring power for the Kingdom but for us in the flesh as well.
And His kingdom...Hebrew 4437...malkuw (Aramaic)...
A.royalty, kingship, kingly authority
B.kingdom
C.realm (of territory)
D.reign (of time)

Matthew 5:10
“Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
you seem to be making this thread all about heaven...amen to heaven but there are so many more powers in the Kingdom...I pray you are not overlooking what God is doing in the moment.
of heaven...Greek 3772...ouranos...
I.the vaulted expanse of the sky with all things visible in it
A.the universe, the world
B.the aerial heavens or sky, the region where the clouds and the tempests gather, and where thunder and lightning are produced
C.the sidereal or starry heavens
II.the region above the sidereal heavens,
the seat of order of things eternal and consummately perfect where God dwells and other heavenly beings

For many parables/comparisons SEE: Matthew 13; 18

Kingdom of God

Mark 1:15...Jesus'first sermon...and saying,
“The time (prophecy) is fulfilled, and the "kingdom of God" (the Divine Messiah come) is at hand;
repent (turn to God) and believe in the "gospel".”
("gospel" = Jesus the Divine Messiah has come down from heaven to save man!!)

Luke 17:20-21 ...Jesus preaching among inquisitors
Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said,
“The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;
nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’
For behold, the "kingdom of God"(Jesus) is(standing)in your midst.”

1 Corinthians 15:50[ The Mystery of Resurrection ]
Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God;
nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
this one is interesting because I did a whole nother study that centered around the power of revelation (that is revealing Christ and the gospel) that I didn't deal with this specifically in my study. I did deal with it in a sideways sort of way you could say, as in Christ, miracles, etc. to as a specific power of revelation, I didn't...interesting...thinking about if I should hit it more directly or just allow my other studies to cover it...it is a fascinating study on its own.

Upvote 0