up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We all know what Jesus did when confronted with the world man has built upon our self serving ideals. Ask yourself... What would the Adversary do, if confronted with the Kingdom it has no part in?

Would the Adversary outright deny the Kingdom, thus focusing even more attention on it?

Or would it subtly direct man away from the Kingdom with differing gospels and all manner of substitute theology designed to keep man in and of the world?

Think about it with an open mind and comment.

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
We all know what Jesus did when confronted with the world man has built upon our self serving ideals. Ask yourself... What would the Adversary do, if confronted with the Kingdom it has no part in?

Would the Adversary outright deny the Kingdom, thus focusing even more attention on it?

Or would it subtly direct man away from the Kingdom with differing gospels and all manner of substitute theology designed to keep man in and of the world?

Think about it with an open mind and comment.

I'm sorry, but I've read this about six times and while it provokes me because it is thoughtful, I'm wondering if maybe I am not following you because you haven't studied the Law of Moses?

For example, I don't think that "man built" their world, but it's more of the Law of Moses caused us to sin more, so that God's Grace (Power of the soon to be given Holy Spirit) would abound. This is why sin became worse and worse and worse. A Benjamite group of men, for example, after the Law had been given, took turns brutally raping a brother Lvite's concubine to death.

That is man building a world for himself, but it is Satan using the Law of Moses against themselves. That's what the Law did....it exposed sin. The Law showed the entire world what sin was, and that's why in Isaiah 1:11 it says that God hated, HATED sacrifice! The smell he had disgusted because it was all in error. God never wanted death, for He wanted all to live, even the animals. But Sin had entered the World through Adam and God ultimately found that the only way to fix this problem was not through the Law, but through Jesus who alone Grants the Spirit, who alone grants Eternal Life.

The LOM is vital to every day that we live our lives. If we understand the LOM, we will literally see it at work in the people around us....literally everyone.

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Original sin and all other things we now call sin was based on Eve and her decision to self determine. As a result she became aware of good and evil, and with that self determination, mankind ever since has determined for self what good and evil should be defined as in order to suit their deeds. Rather than follow the will of God we choose to follow our own will which is the same one of self determination, the key word being self, where we become selfish and self serving, while seeking gain for self at the expense of others. Hence the actions we call sin.

Jesus and the Father before Him, taught us to repent of this attitude (change) and become selfless instead. We can choose to follow God's will and not our own first. The Kingdom is built upon this selfless image. Man in opposition, has built this world in our own image, a society of gain at the expense of others.

But that is not the topic. :) How does the Adversary deal with a Kingdom it has no place in? How does it keep man and Christianity worldly?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But that is not the topic. :) How does the Adversary deal with a Kingdom it has no place in? How does it keep man and Christianity worldly?

It introduces duality...to say, our light shouldn't be that bright...yet...

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Or intrudeduces...

Oh, I remember my train of thought here. It was something to do with lie...or the gray area...or noise...that keeps us from being bright lights on a hill.

Matthew 5:14
"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I remember my train of thought here. It was something to do with lie...or the gray area...or noise...that keeps us from being bright lights on a hill.
Ok understood I think, However the religion may not put much onus on the Gospel of the Kingdom Jesus Himself taught, but scripture cannot be hidden by any church any more. And the internet can make the Kingdom shine bright if only Christians were willing to do so instead of invest themselves in theology.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Ok understood I think, However the religion may not put much onus on the Gospel of the Kingdom Jesus Himself taught, but scripture cannot be hidden by any church any more. And the internet can make the Kingdom shine bright if only Christians were willing to do so instead of invest themselves in theology.

" And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
4:3 How great are his signs! And how mighty are his wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation to generation.
4:17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever he will, and sets up over it the basest of men."
HEBREW WORD STUDIES מַּלְכוּת 'malkut' meaning 'Kingdom'

*Strong's Hebrew: 5782. עוּר (ur) -- to rouse oneself, awake

Last edited:
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
מַמְלָכָה mamlâkâh, mam-law-kaw'; from H4427; dominion, i.e. (abstractly) the estate (rule) or (concretely) the country (realm):—kingdom, king's, reign, royal.
Genesis 1:1 (KJV)

Exo 19:6

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom H4467 of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

Look!, the Shepherd calls us from the waters!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status