up there
✟306,970.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

We all know what Jesus did when confronted with the world that man has built upon our self serving ideals.
Ask yourself... What would the Adversary do, if confronted with the Kingdom that it has no part in?

The whole Bible from start to finish is about the conflict between the self willed Adversary (and it's mankind minions) vs the will of God? Asking what would the Adversary do, casts similar light upon the reasons man avoids the Gospel of the Kingdom.

Would the Adversary outright deny the Kingdom? Focus more attention on it?
Or would it subtly direct man away from the Kingdom with differing gospels and all manner of substitute theology designed to keep man in and of the world? In order to do so, would it infiltrate the Christian religion, recreating it over from within in it's own image?

Think about it with an open mind and please comment.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Would the Adversary outright deny the Kingdom? Focus more attention on it? Or would it subtly direct man away from the Kingdom with differing gospels and all manner of substitute theology designed to keep man in and of the world? In order to do so, would it infiltrate the Christian religion, recreating it over from within in it's own image?

I would imagine that it is not an either/or, but a both/and, especially as the latter can be presented as the alternative to the former...in both cases keeping people away from Truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,970.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But I might say.. focusing attention on the Kingdom would defeat the purpose of keeping people away from truth would it not?. Something much more subtle would be called for to keep the world including Christians thinking adversarial to the will of God, which is loving neighbour as self. Something like division is between man over good and bad instead of division is between the world of man and the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But I might say.. focusing attention on the Kingdom would defeat the purpose of keeping people away from truth would it not?. Something much more subtle would be called for to keep the world including Christians thinking adversarial to the will of God, which is loving neighbour as self. Something like division is between man over good and bad instead of division is between the world of man and the Kingdom.
Perhaps, but if the enemy is able to have us focus on a distorted view of the Kingdom, and through it cause division and hatred, would that not serve his purposes as well? My understanding is that Satan can only lie, mock, imitate and mar, not create, so presenting the wrong view of things as truth can still lead us into destruction.

But what do I know? I stand open to correction.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,970.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My understanding is that Satan can only lie, mock, imitate and mar, not create, so presenting the wrong view of things as truth can still lead us into destruction.

For sure. Tempter at work, Tempting us to return to the self serving world of man. All this can be yours. Changing the gospel so that the separation of world and Kingdom is no longer taught. Aligning church and state even though they are supposed to represent two opposing ideals. Subtle but it has worked hasn't it. It's an easy manipulation considering self serving man's inherent greed.

So many today suddenly lose interest in Jesus' Gospel as soon as they hear the word Kingdom. Well it is not only real estate but Kingdom also means governance. They rarely think of that. Besides, no need to be defensive of their real estate. No democracies or republics in the Kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0