lurker - student of logic
Sep 28, 2011
✟7,730.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Be my guest, if you think you can.

I posted this already, but you may have missed it. This hypothesis is at least plausible, and can be backed up by scripture. If Adam spoke english, then the hebrew names he gave make no sense - they only make sense in hebrew.

Hypothetically, if Adam existed, he spoke Hebrew. Genesis 2:23 – "Isha" is a Hebrew word, not English. Also "Chava" in Genesis 3:20.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You sir, are simply making stuff up as you see fit.
That's right -- but I like to think of them as 'educated guesses'.
So it really doesn't matter what you think.
Evidence shows otherwise.

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Ok, Adam spoke English.
Okay.
He drove a Chevy. He used Duracell batteries in all his kid's toys. Those would be EMBEDDED batteries in EMBEDDED toys.

Then all that disappeared and reappeared a few thousand years later.
Please don't try and emulate me with melodrama; that's as bad as Rocky's Nasal Challenge.
Who needs evidence chief!
You?
You sure don't.
That's right, I don't.
Whatever you imagine is true!
Nope -- I'm restricted to believing what the Bible says, as well as a set of Boolean standards.
Adam wore Jockey underwear. Boxers no less!
More melodrama?
No wonder Noah could build that ark. He had Milwaukee Power Tools!
As they say, if you can't put on the brakes, step on the gas, eh?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hypothetically, if Adam existed, he spoke Hebrew. Genesis 2:23 – "Isha" is a Hebrew word, not English. Also "Chava" in Genesis 3:20.
Moses wrote that, not Adam.

Moses (or someone before him) would have translated the English to Hebrew, before the English language went dormant.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But the parts were made in China.
OH right! All the little EMBEDDED Chinese laboring to make toys for Adam's kids.

nike-sweatshops.jpg

Of course, they only reappeared recently.

And the EMBEDDED nuclear reactor with all the parts made in China but just outside Jerusalem.

nuclear-reactor.jpg

This is the Holy Reactor on the Mount. It's totally EMBEDDED but powered all of Noah's power tools. And the EMBEDDED robots that helped him build the ark. Here's a picture of what we now know the ark to have been:

largest_cruise_ship_Liberty_of_the_seas-5.jpg

Upvote 0

ryeaber

Sep 28, 2011
✟7,730.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Moses wrote that, not Adam.

Moses (or someone before him) would have translated the English to Hebrew, before the English language went dormant.

But these are Hebrew names – the root of the names are Hebrew. In order for them to make sense, they would need to be translated from the English to Hebrew. If it was originally written in English, and if Adam spoke English, why aren’t they English names that don't need to be translated to Hebrew to make sense?

Also, does that mean that King James’ version was divinely inspired, but Moses’ version wasn’t?

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Please don't try and emulate me with melodrama; that's as bad as Rocky's Nasal Challenge.
Hey, I'll have you know that my Nasal Challenge is much beloved here on Christian Forums! :preach: ^_^

Nope -- I'm restricted to believing what the Bible says, as well as a set of Boolean standards.
I have to disagree with you on the whole English thing. According to your own Boolean standards, you should accept that Adam did not speak English.
1. Adam speaking a language other than English does not go against scripture.
2. Science tells us that English did not exist before the bible was written.
3. Therefore, your conclusion should be that Adam did not speak English.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Also, does that mean that King James’ version was divinely inspired, but Moses’ version wasn’t?

No. AVET would say that Moses' version was the version for his time, whereas the KHV is the version for today. Both were divinely inspired and in fact written by God. Moses and the others were just taking dictation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ryeaber

Sep 28, 2011
✟7,730.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No. AVET would say that Moses' version was the version for his time, whereas the KHV is the version for today. Both were divinely inspired and in fact written by God. Moses and the others were just taking dictation.

I suspect as much – but his argument here is that Adam spoke English. If that’s the case, then the only way to explain the words and names that I referenced would be if Moses made an error in his version (by using Hebrew names/words instead of English). I assumed that King James was divinely inspired with the translating back to the “original” English, but the words he was translating were still Moses’.

I suppose another option is that neither were divinely inspired.

Unless of course it was never written in English until much later, and then translated from the original Hebrew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah.. I'll go with that.
I'm thinking it was originally written in English then it was produced as a musical.

~2,104,502,400 minutes, 2,104,502,400 moments so dear. 2,104,502,400 minutes - how do you measure, measure 4,004 years? In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in talking donkeys. In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In 2,104,502,400 minutes - how do you measure a 4,004 years in a life?

Then the musical was translated from English singing into Aramaic just for fun, then into Esperanto. From there it was translated into Hebrew, then into Ye Olde English Pig Latin.

1Inway ethay eginningbay Odgay eatedcray ethay eavenhay andway ethay earthway.

2Andway ethay earthway asway ithoutway ormfay, andway oidvay;
andway arknessday asway uponway ethay acefay ofway ethay eepday. Andway ethay Iritspay ofway Odgay ovedmay uponway ethay acefay
ofway ethay atersway.

3Andway Odgay aidsay, Etlay erethay ebay ightlay: andway
erethay asway ightlay.

Then into the King James Version

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Upvote 0